View Full Version : New AZbox HD patch

AJR
26-03-2009, 10:33 AM
With respect and thanks to elgeneral

New Firm 0.9.1600

Fixed
- WMA Pro don't work at all over SPDIF and HDMI

Fixed
- At channel info bar (Zapping bar) appear Actual and next program and not only actual like actually

FIxed
- Signal meter takes too long to update (10 seconds) or more. At this way signal meter is useless

Fixed
- Timeshift / Pause and record don't work at USB, using FAT32 or EXT3

Fixed
- Timeshift at HD channels don't work very fine, receiver looks like a crazy horse

Fixed
- Improve API, to don't stop EMUlators, API sometimes get's losted Stressed.

Fixed
- MKV, if MKV have 2 tracks DTS and AC3, at AC3 cannot be played

Fixed
- OGG Vorbis don't supported at MKV files

Added
- Possibility of change color of subtitles

Added
- Increase the maximum size of subtitles, at HD contents the maximum size allowed by azbox, still small

Added
- Possibility to change positions of subtitles, goal is be possible put subtitles at black line, when movie broadcasted at 16:9

Fixed
- mkv-files: selction of different audiotrack's is without effect.

Fixed
- Pic-viewer: scaler/ optimizer very slow, aspect ratio incorrect

Fixed
- Chinese charset instead of latin lower case letter, while using rename feature, create albuns, etc.

Added
- FTP CLIENT

Fixed
- FilmBox HD image freeze

Now uploaded to the forum by kinkdink see latest version

AJR
26-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Just tested this update...

Comments.

A number of things have been fixed

A number of things haven't

But its a massive step forward and shows that there are a lot of peeps looking after us poor humble beta testers :D

AJR
26-03-2009, 11:37 AM
It even looks like diablo is supported...

(but as I can't be arsed to update mine at the moment, I cant confirm 100%)

But its certainly responding in the diablo menu, and not locking out the fta channels as it did before.

s_kates81
26-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks a lot mate for the update. I am just keeping my figers crossed and waiting for my replaced Azbox to be delivered to me so then I can try it and Mgcamd.

Just badly missing my azbox, it seems i've really fallen in love with it

Yoda
26-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I wonder if they have done anything regarding the 8 lnb situation ???

I will test tonight and post my findings.

Yoda

AJR
26-03-2009, 12:11 PM
I can confirm that the lnb signal / quality display now works in real time so maybe Yoda !!

Yoda
26-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I can confirm that the lnb signal / quality display now works in real time so maybe Yoda !!

Thanks mate, ill keep my fingers crossed.

Tarzan
26-03-2009, 02:28 PM
I did an upgrade and it went fine... Then it rebooted with 5 options and chose "format application area"..

After that it failed to boot with some update failed error...I am updated it once again...

Fingers crossed...

AJR
26-03-2009, 02:46 PM
and chose "format application area"..

Maybe not a good choice..

Its not the option I would of selected, I would of removed the usb drive and just done a plain old boot.

Tarzan
26-03-2009, 02:59 PM
update went fine...

But the remote is a bit of a pain to use...it does not to some of the key strokes..

How do I enable the emu?

sharps1
26-03-2009, 03:01 PM
it is official release or not ???

bobi
26-03-2009, 03:13 PM
well some improvements are made,
this software is much better in the HD channels , no freezes at all this time.
also the multicas 1.57B does read my M2+ card just fine now

will like to ask if some one have tested the motor with diseqc 1.2
does it work yet ?

have the box connected in another setupp now, and cannot cheek the motor
this is why im asking.

cheers

bobi

Tarzan
26-03-2009, 03:14 PM
I am going to test the box with the vbox now...

I just received it...:king-041:

netgic
26-03-2009, 04:01 PM
it is official release or not ???

stolen

Yoda
26-03-2009, 04:04 PM
stolen

Not quite sure what your long explanation means?

What is it that you are attempting to tell us with this one word answer?

Yoda
:20:

Tarzan
26-03-2009, 04:22 PM
well some improvements are made,
this software is much better in the HD channels , no freezes at all this time.
also the multicas 1.57B does read my M2+ card just fine now

will like to ask if some one have tested the motor with diseqc 1.2
does it work yet ?

have the box connected in another setupp now, and cannot cheek the motor
this is why im asking.

cheers

bobi

Diseqc doesn't work with the VBox when changing satellites...

And when you try to find tune the dish left or right the key strokes are not very consistent...

Too many keystores are sent to the receiver... Also the RGB mode cannot be selected anymore...

AJR
26-03-2009, 04:23 PM
I think he means that it got leaked (in order to appease the masses of beta testers :D)

AJR
26-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Too many keystores are sent to the receiver... Also the RGB mode cannot be selected anymore.

No problem here...

Was RGB ever selectable ?

Tarzan
26-03-2009, 04:48 PM
No problem here...

Was RGB ever selectable ?

yes, in the current official version...

AJR
26-03-2009, 05:43 PM
yes, in the current official version...

Oppppppppps ..

In defence m'lud, as the forums were not shouting about it, I didn't bother looking..

Just as well I use hdmi then :D

spikes
26-03-2009, 05:51 PM
What version is the current official version??

Tarzan
26-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I am using HDMI btw...There is no way you can change the option...

Currently Diseqc is not working for me with the VBox and it is a bit annoying for me...

I tried selecting the top menu in the channel list (All , Satellite, Favourite etc) but I can't select that option...

I might go back to the previous firmware and check if it is broken in this version...

AJR
26-03-2009, 06:18 PM
I tried selecting the top menu in the channel list (All , Satellite, Favourite etc) but I can't select that option...

When in the channel list
Press.. back

you can now go right and select the tab on the top.

AJR
26-03-2009, 06:24 PM
1605 now released... I don't know what's different from 1600

Bit like buses .. wait ages then 2 come along :D

medmed
26-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Fixed
- Wrong information of DVB-S2 frequency

Fixed
- Disappear & hang up on FTP menu

kloddy
26-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Bit like buses .. wait ages then 2 come along :D

especially in london lol

Tarzan
26-03-2009, 07:45 PM
An update: Diseqc works very well with the VBox...

The receiver is slow to respond to the commands from the remote... I end up pressing the keys one too many times...

Now the next step is to learn how to clear something...

Btw I could only scan 90 channels on 23.5 but with my Vantage 7100S I get about 260+...

Am going to deploy the new patch and try again...

Where can I download a database with the upto date frequency list?

EDIT: The receiver get a bit warm though...

EDIT: Updated with the latest firmware and now I can get about 270 channels on 23.5 and emu works fine...

How do you fine tune a sat which you have alread saved?... If I try to move the dish left or right, it takes the dish back to the saved position...

sofrenic
26-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Motor work fine with USALS you most enter your location corectly longitude, latitude.

Subtitle on TotalTV, DigiTV dont work :117: :117: :117:

valerica
26-03-2009, 09:11 PM
New s/w 1605 now available for download via settings menu .

Cheers ,
Val .

spikes
26-03-2009, 09:13 PM
RGB not selectable!

bobi
26-03-2009, 09:13 PM
well , as i said before im not intrested in the Usals
i have other boxes here that do not support the usals , and this is the reason i want diseqc 1.2 to work, as then i can settup the Azbox HD with my disired motor number and then use it

this way i can use the same motor with diferent receivers

i have not tetsed the last software 1605 tht is being discusted now
but will do that later today as soon as i get home

cheers

bobi

AJR
26-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Diablo cam is indeed recognised, but I'm darned if I can get it to clear anything.

A previously recorded programme that played ok yesterday.. now causes the box to lock up.

The new ftp client wont remember its last used connection details.

Ho hum.. aint life grand

Yoda
26-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Some good news,

I have 5 lnbs being seen now by the Azbox using the first four set to diseqc 1.0 and the 5th being set to 1.1 lnb 1.
I could only see 4 on previous firmware.
I am using 1605, I will be adding more lnbs this weekend and playing so we will see if it is now supporting more than it used to.

Yoda

Rhodes
26-03-2009, 11:40 PM
care! when trying to edit a satellite with this update it will delete all the others.:banghead:

medmed
26-03-2009, 11:42 PM
for DiSEqC 1.2 is ok it works
but a new bug:
in the first version the satellite nilesat 7 ° w been sat in the list, and the 1473 version there is no, but I added the satellite and it works well.
1605 in this version you can not add a satellite he created lots of problem and reboot.
but this version makes everything much, I had a ringing in my screen when I met with hdmi mode menu I had imagined that this was the cause, but it after that last update it has disappeared

goran
27-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Do a full scan and it'll be much better... ;)

Tarzan
27-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Do a full scan and it'll be much better... ;)

???

medmed
27-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Do a full scan and it'll be much better...

I have not understood, it is not a scan but the name of the satellite is Nilesat

7°W has disappeared, and when you want to add it adds nothing but bug and

sometimes you must reboot. .

Tarzan
27-03-2009, 08:50 AM
I have not understood, it is not a scan but the name of the satellite is Nilesat

7°W has disappeared, and when you want to add it adds nothing but bug and

sometimes you must reboot. .

I found the same thing myself....

Btw does anybody have a full database with all sats (visible in europe) and the active transponders?? Or how can I update the list automatically?

goran
27-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Do you have 4.8 and 5'E separately? I mean, have you tried scanning on 8'W for 7'W as well? Maybe for stronger transponders which are not directed at Egypt but the wide beam? I can't get it, as I am way too far up North...

I have 5 lnbs being seen now by the Azbox using the first four set to diseqc 1.0 and the 5th being set to 1.1 lnb 1.
I could only see 4 on previous firmware.
I am using 1605, I will be adding more lnbs this weekend and playing so we will see if it is now supporting more than it used to.

It used to mess up all else for me, as it could only see Astra 2 on the 5th LNB... Now, it can't see no. 5 but it does see a transponder from Sirius on no. 6. Strange but true. The rest [Astra 2, Astra1, Euro on 126'E and HB] are on DiSEqC 1.0, from 1 - 4.

It is scanning and seeing just Sirius channels, as I write this... We'll see how it ends...:drool5:

goran
27-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Couldn't get it to see Thor or any other subsequent position.

And as I suspected, it messed up the 1.0 LNB's 1 - 4, so no signal there, after the scan on Sirius for LNB 6 in v. 1.1.

Had to put the Sirius LNB to OFF after that and then I got the signal back on the first 4.

Back to square 1...

Yoda
27-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Couldn't get it to see Thor or any other subsequent position.

And as I suspected, it messed up the 1.0 LNB's 1 - 4, so no signal there, after the scan on Sirius for LNB 6 in v. 1.1.

Had to put the Sirius LNB to OFF after that and then I got the signal back on the first 4.

Back to square 1...

Yep after some playing today I am in the same boat mat...

Ah well all good things come to those who wait.

Yoda

goran
27-03-2009, 08:42 PM
:respect-047:Oh, yes, patience is a virtue that comes with age...:respect-048::coolgleamA::p

noviserbia
28-03-2009, 07:14 AM
when updating over the net...finished 100% download.....my box just hangs on UPGRADE....screen is black with no signal.....turn the power off on the back and everything back to the old firmware 1473.....will try it manually

tinos
28-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Same problem I had... in my case this was because incubuscamd was still running... so it hang. Good rule for future STOP all emus before upgrade.

noviserbia
28-03-2009, 09:56 PM
I`ve done it manually and it worked.....with this version incubusCamd still stops after 30 sec. while recording......its a big BUG to me....no stable recordings yet.
Will try the 1.2 diseq motor later and see if that works

nakata
28-03-2009, 10:09 PM
I`ve done it manually and it worked.....with this version incubusCamd still stops after 30 sec. while recording......its a big BUG to me....no stable recordings yet.
Will try the 1.2 diseq motor later and see if that works

diseq 1.2 is working with FW 0.9.1605