PDA

View Full Version : Re flashing DM 800

consolglass
28-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Hiya
wanting to re-flash my dreambox to the latest BH(v9) have powered down kept my finger on the button...getting the stop but no ip just dhcp...last time i done this i had to connect my dreambox to a pc and re-flash using a null modem...took forever to do...would really like to use the network option this time...are there any changes i need to make to the dreambox that will enable me to use the network option...have already selected dhcp on the dreambox to yes but this has still not work...any help appreciated
cheers

loveman
28-03-2009, 04:03 PM
How is your dreambox connecting to the network? Is it through a router, such as an adsl one which connects you to the internet? If so, have you enabled dhcp on the router?

If not, and it's connecting directly into your pc, you will need to manually assign an ip address to your dreambox, and connect to it through the pc that way... Much more complicated...

Would help if you let us know how your dreambox is connected to the network/internet...

consolglass
28-03-2009, 04:59 PM
dream box is connected to an adsl router....dhcp is disabled on the router

sonic1
28-03-2009, 05:05 PM
How do you expect your dreambox to display an ip via DCHP when you have just stated that you have it switched off ?:rolleyes:

consolglass
28-03-2009, 05:12 PM
erm still learning mate...so what u r saying is i must enable dhcp in the router to be able to flash the dreambox using the network connection ??what about enabling dhcp in the dreambox too?will this bugger up any of my other settings as i have 3x pc`s and 2 x xboxes connected to my network all with fixed ip`s

consolglass
28-03-2009, 05:14 PM
got to be honest lads...still dont fully understand all the dhcp/dns...jargon!!!

echelon
28-03-2009, 05:22 PM
dhcp gets the router to assign a free ip to any device connected on the lan

turning it off means you assign one yourself ( a fixed ip )

not really dreambox related , as its standard router and lan ip addressing and would apply to any laptop , pc , psp or other device on the lan of from the router

the fact its a dreambox just means either you tell it to use a particular ip , or dhcp assigns a free one from the router instead

consolglass
28-03-2009, 05:27 PM
so turn it off on the dreambox and the router to re-flash the dreambox using the network cable???

sonic1
28-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Fixed ip on your dreambox and anything else you have at home.

But switch DCHP on in your router so it will assign an ip for the purpose of updating the flash image only..

echelon
28-03-2009, 05:38 PM
leave it switched on in the router so it assigns any ip,s not manually chosen on the devices , or new devices

turn it off on all devices requiring a fixed ip , like the dreambox , pc , lappy

consolglass
01-04-2009, 09:04 PM
just a quickie guys...when i disabled dhcp a new ip addy was assigned to the dreambox...my cccaminfo is still tying to connect to the "old" dreambox ip...how do i change it to recognise the "new" ip addy...or do i simply change the dreambox ip back to the original ?

canthackit
02-04-2009, 10:51 AM
either use the version in plugins and use as is or.................

if as i guess your using BH 0.9************blue button>yellow button>1 button> leave the ip as is 127.0.0.1>your CCcam.cfg user/pass/and your listenting port usualy 16001, just save.

regards: canthackit

butterbox
02-04-2009, 01:22 PM
After stop message try connecting with 192.168.0.52

consolglass
02-04-2009, 05:08 PM
thanks for the replies guys...have sorted the re-flashing @ butterbox
@canthackit...its the cccaminfo that I use on the pc (web page based) that is trying to connect to the "old" ip of the dreambox...connecting using the dreambox itself though the blue button is fine

saintomer1866
02-04-2009, 06:36 PM
simply enter your new dreambox address in your web address bar.
my.new.dream.addy:16001
St.O

consolglass
02-04-2009, 08:40 PM
tried that several times...no joy at all...Is it possoble to to "change" the dreambox ip back to what it was before i re-flashed it ???

saintomer1866
03-04-2009, 08:25 AM
yes.
press Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Adapter Settings

then change Use DHCP to No and change IP Address to your old dreambox address.
then press OK to save settings.
then restart your router
St.O

consolglass
03-04-2009, 01:10 PM
think thats the easiest....will do and report back....cheers

Gone_Fishing
03-04-2009, 04:55 PM
erm still learning mate...so what u r saying is i must enable dhcp in the router to be able to flash the dreambox using the network connection ??what about enabling dhcp in the dreambox too?will this bugger up any of my other settings as i have 3x pc`s and 2 x xboxes connected to my network all with fixed ip`s

Most routers allow you to enter a DHCP range where you enter two different IPs then all IPs issued are within that range, but if you enter the same IP where you do this then DHCP will always issue that same IP

In other words put your chosen Dreambox IP and DHCP will always issue your dreambox that IP

You can only do this if all your other devices have fixed IPs which you have already said they have, makes life easy if your always setting up new images

loveman
03-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Or, if your router allows you to enter mac addresses and reservations, then give the ip address to your dm800s mac address...

consolglass
04-04-2009, 01:01 PM
ok guys sorted....reverted back to the original dreambox ip....cheers
sounds like a great idea tnt...not that i upgrade that often but makes sence for when you do
cheers