PDA

View Full Version : Feedback firmware 0.9.1605

pr2
28-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Hello,

Here is my feedback:

I install a brand new 1 TB HDD in the Premium, Azbox create the partition and format it but during formatting the whole TV Screen become black, just the front display shows the formatting progression.
At the end at 100% it tooks a long time (I think that the box was crashed) but then it restart by itself.

I try recording channel on the HDD, it records the files but it is unable to play then back since they don't appear in the Movie Player (Do i need to record for a minimal time? I am only recording for 1 or 2 minutes just to test and it doesn't work). the files .ts and .ts.idx exist on the HDD but the movie player don't see them.

On a USB memory stick (FAT32) recording is better because I can see the file on the memory stick but I am unable to play then back. The screen is black or the Azbox hangs. This time the Movie player shows the file.

So behavior is different between HDD (ext3) and USB (FAT32).

I am still unable to format my 7,5 Verbatim USB memory key into the Azbox, the format block at 88%.

I try to copy file from an external USB disk drive to the internal SATA disk, I cannot get a transfert speed higher than 20 Mbits/sec (yes bits not bytes)... so it takes me 4 hours to transfer 30 GBytes.

Then I do the test via FTP (FTP serveur is the Azbox a Windows Pc has client) and same problem the maximum speed is 20 Mbits/sec.

It seems that there is a bandwidth limit of 20 Mbits/sec somewhere in the Azbox Premium.

Can someone told me if the Teletext sub-titles are recorded with the program, this feature is really important for deaf people. And of course can we read back the Teletext subtitle when playing back the recorded program.

Regards,

Pr2

valerica
28-03-2009, 08:53 PM
U can play the recordings using Detailed Menu , option Recorded programm .
USB format stopping at 88% - typical stick problem . There's a chance to format FAT32 in a PC using HP USB disk storage format utility .
Same here regarding transfer speed .
DVB subtitles don't appear in recording , didn't test teletext sub. , sry .

Cheers ,
Val .

nebu
30-03-2009, 08:53 PM
In my case they didn't show up in the "recorded program" menu entry. Never the less, the .ts and .idx files are present in the directory /DATA/recordfile and I was able to play them with "mplayer" on an ubuntu linux PC. Placing a link with

cd /DATA
ln -s record ./recordfile

I was able to browse them in the record entry from the Movie (04) player, but they can not be played back. The above command was only a try to locate the problem but it will not help to play the videos. But it indicates that in the directory structure some cleaning may be necessary...

Is there anyone who has already figured out the directory structure present in /DATA with all the links to the hdb1/ directory

Any help is welcome

nebu
31-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Following the devel board a file named recordlist.dat is missing in the directory /DATA/recordfile and is responsible for the miss behaviour. After copying the file to the /DATA/recordfile directory and rebooting, the newly recorded programs will show up in the "recorded program" menu. Thanks Zeini

pr2
01-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Hello Nebu,

Where can I get a valid recordlist.dat file to restore on my Azbox Premium HDD?

Thanks,

Pr2

AJR
01-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi pr2

Here.......