PDA

View Full Version : Sly card won't work

Satcat
31-03-2009, 02:15 PM
I read on another thread that with the new Gxmax software you can use a sly card to get channel 4 HD on HD200.
I haven't used my sly box for a few months, so I decided to try it with my old card to see if it still opened FIVE. It dosen't!
I presume this is because the box hasn't been connected to the mains/dish for a while. I've done a forced download on the box, but still no joy.
If I left the box connected with the card in for 24hrs would it get reactivated?
Or is that wishful thinking?

Graham7
31-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Have read if you have not us the card leave it in for 24 hours and it should update in your Sky box. Don't think it will do it on the mvision. Could be wrong here. :D

gtg60
31-03-2009, 02:56 PM
If I left the box connected with the card in for 24hrs would it get reactivated?

This is exactly your problem, after 4~6 weeks of non use your card dies and needs to be reactivated, leave Sky box on for at least 24 hours on channel 998 with the card inserted and it will get reactivated, sometimes within a few hours but worth just leaving it and coming back the next day.

Satcat
31-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks guys. I'll try leaving my sly box on with card in it and see if it reactivates.
Will let you know.

Satcat
01-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Yes..! it worked..! Now getting Channel 4HD on HD200.
Thanks again guys.