PDA

View Full Version : Freesat

tapper
01-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm seriuosly thinking of getting an AZbox HD premium but I have a couple of questions

is the Freesat EPG supported, I know that enigma and neutrino have beta code

Incubus will work with CCcam but how well does this work with UK Sly

Can you play mkv's, H.264 and wmv's off local storage without having to stream from a pc

tapper
02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Well I've taken the plunge and bought one, after reading lots of posts on here I understand that its early days for this box and firmware, but I think the devs will do a great job

tinos
02-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Incubus will work with CCcam but how well does this work with UK Sly

Can you play mkv's, H.264 and wmv's off local storage without having to stream from a pc

You can probably find people using incubuscamd with S*y Uk... I have read somewhere that it works Ok on AzBox.

If you use a external USB or Premium with internal HDD you don't need to stream from PC. Actually AzBox's best features is just that! I like it a lot and has replaced all other media players I used to have. MKV/AVI playback is excellent, look for Popcorn info and you can expect similar performance.

tapper
02-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Another question and probably a real dumb one,

Do I need to change anything else apart from the reciver such as LNB to recieve HD channels, I currently have a Dreambox 600pvr S, and cant see any scanned on 28.2e

xanadu
02-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Another question and probably a real dumb one,

Do I need to change anything else apart from the reciver such as LNB to recieve HD channels, I currently have a Dreambox 600pvr S, and cant see any scanned on 28.2e

You won't see most HD channels in your channel list on a SD receiver as most use DVB-S2 MPEG-4.

tapper
02-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Cool I was hoping that would be the case ,,, roll on Friday when I should get my shinny new Azbox premium

gtg60
26-04-2009, 09:05 PM
is the Freesat EPG supported, I know that enigma and neutrino have beta code

The guy who worked on the Freesat/ Sky EPG for DVBviewer is working on it for the AZBox and reckons he'll have it sorted in 2 weeks, with Series Link and all...

tapper
26-04-2009, 09:32 PM
wow that would be awesome, still waiting on my box though, looks like all the good features are coming to the AZbox :respect-040:

DJBlu
29-04-2009, 01:20 PM
I am working on the EPG as we speak,

I am not going to put a time limit on it as I am busy at work but I will be using every spare minute on it as its one of the conditions with her in doors for me getting the box.

So don't worry its not just u guys who want it. ::respect-055:

slegs
29-04-2009, 05:00 PM
DJ, did you get the answer you were looking for on the location of the EPG data on the AZBox?

DJBlu
30-04-2009, 08:02 PM
No m8,

Have emailed OpenSat and a guy on the other forum.

Nothing yet.

tapper
19-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Got my box today, must say its a lot different from the Dreambox 600s I'm used to,

only took me about ten mins to get some channels on, haiving no manual was no problem as everything is quite well set out

bit disapointed with the EPG only a few channels on 28.2 have now and next even, looking forward to DJBlu's plugin and the CCC emu

Movie player has so far played everything Ive thrown at it

iko
19-05-2009, 11:18 PM
good box Clears all S*y HD channels with no problem ;)
Enjoy

pr2
20-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Got my box today, must say its a lot different from the Dreambox 600s I'm used to,

only took me about ten mins to get some channels on, haiving no manual was no problem as everything is quite well set out

bit disapointed with the EPG only a few channels on 28.2 have now and next even, looking forward to DJBlu's plugin and the CCC emu

Movie player has so far played everything Ive thrown at it

Hello,

The manual is available on the internet.

h**t://www.azboxhd.eu

Since you purchase a Premium please read carefully the own to install a HDD to avoid to damage it when installing the HDD.

Pr2

madomape
20-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I am working on the EPG as we speak,

I am not going to put a time limit on it as I am busy at work but I will be using every spare minute on it as its one of the conditions with her in doors for me getting the box.

So don't worry its not just u guys who want it. ::respect-055:

Any possibilities to make your plugin working with MHW EPG? MediaHighWay EPG is working in DVBViewer too so maybe it would be possible.

CCC and MHW EPG are my two wishes for AZbox.

Thanks for your job!

slegs
21-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Word from Opensat is that freesat EPG is close.....thanks DJ :)

xanadu
21-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Word from Opensat is that freesat EPG is close.....thanks DJ :)

That's the trouble with Azbox HD at the moment......

Everything is close, but nothing actually works now 100%

Too much time is being spent on multimedia and card share.

When it works with Diablo CAM and EPG works properly, I will buy.

slegs
21-05-2009, 09:23 PM
They have delivered consistently as far as I am concerned. This product 100% lives up to its hype.

DJBlu
22-05-2009, 03:19 AM
What people need to understand is it is not OpenSAT that will not release the source code for the Sigma Drivers but it is Sigma Designs that will not. Opensat are working within guidelines of Sigma.

DJBlu
22-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I have a few questions if anyone can help.

On a normal linux machine the DVB device is /dev/dvb/blahblah.

What is it on the AZBox? or more to the point where is it? Do we have access to it?

If so then please let me know.

s_kates81
22-05-2009, 03:51 PM
it is DVB-S2 . able to open Mpeg4 and HD channels

tinos
22-05-2009, 08:20 PM
No m8,

Have emailed OpenSat and a guy on the other forum.

Nothing yet.

So you got no info on where EPG data is stored? Is that the kind of support we can expect from manufacturer to developers?

If that's the case all we can pray now is for a release of Enigma2 for AzBox... at least there is enough info to do a real plugin... all plugins that came out are just things that could be done via scripts. No info shown on TV section...

Only go out from TV section and unload... run script inside plugin... go back to TV load stuff again... not user friendly or interface friendly IMHO.

slegs
22-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Hold your horses there mate...

Not only has he got in touch with Opensat. They are incorporating the freesat EPG into the main firmware.

How is that for support!

tinos
22-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Support??? Read my post... who knows how to get EPG data? So how are we going to get MHW EPG compiled or ported if there is no info?

NoMaD
24-05-2009, 02:28 AM
hi guys
if you need the code for freesat runing on E2 for porting it on AZBox
check here

[dream4all] / packages / enigma2 / enigma2 / freesat.patch.v8.diff

http://dream4all.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=dream4all;a=tree;hb= 42cb725f1e529903958eba3c3417b5cf0 d8516dc

there is also tonn of others patch like epg search and more others

DJBlu
24-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Support??? Read my post... who knows how to get EPG data? So how are we going to get MHW EPG compiled or ported if there is no info?

MHW can be implemented.

I didn't know it wasn't already as I don't have the need for MHW Epg.

Have you emailed OpenSat and asked for it?

moontan
24-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Opensat might say there going to add freesat support but they have a million other things to fix and so i dont think will be a priority for them, especially since it isnt something that all users will want/need.

tinos
24-05-2009, 11:15 AM
MHW can be implemented.

I didn't know it wasn't already as I don't have the need for MHW Epg.

Have you emailed OpenSat and asked for it?

Yes, we need MHW and MHW2... they told us to compile our own plugin...

slegs
12-06-2009, 10:20 AM
There seems to more plugins coming out now...

Has anyone had any luck with a Freesat EPG plugin

Smudger
12-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I wish also.

Either Sky or Freesat to keep her ladyship happy.

gtg60
12-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Either Sky or Freesat to keep her ladyship happy.

Ha ha, absolutely!
My AZBox will never take pride of place in the sittihng room until she has a 7 day EPG and series link!

goran
13-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Mine prefers D+SP, Canal+ Scandinavia, Italy and suchlike.. :D

slegs
26-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Anyone got anywhere devloping a plugin for the freesat EPG?

cyberdude
29-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Ha ha, absolutely!
My AZBox will never take pride of place in the sitting room until she has a 7 day EPG and series link!
Is this even possible? I heard that only current and next event is possible and 7 day Epg and series link were not possible on Linux boxes as that is purely a Sky box thing.

I really hope it is possible because if it is not then it's a deal breaker for me.

Any news on the progress of Freesat EPG? The decision on buying one of these depends on this.

gtg60
29-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Is this even possible? I heard that only current and next event is possible and 7 day Epg and series link were not possible on Linux boxes as that is purely a Sky box thing.

Yes, this is possible, it's already been integrated into PC's with sat cards, it's a little more difficult with STB's that aren't open source but it will come.

DJBlu
29-06-2009, 11:39 AM

I really hope it is possible because if it is not then it's a deal breaker for me.

Any news on the progress of Freesat EPG? The decision on buying one of these depends on this.

Yes this is possible as I have the know how. I have offered it up to Opensat and they assure me that it will be implemented. 7 day EPG with series link. The 7 day epg will come first then the series link.

goran
29-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Bit-by-bit, step-by-step, the good things come to those who have the patience... :respect-050:

:respect-048::respect-069::respect-059::respect-054::sifone::respect-023::respect-051:

cyberdude
29-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Yes this is possible as I have the know how. I have offered it up to Opensat and they assure me that it will be implemented. 7 day EPG with series link. The 7 day epg will come first then the series link.
That's good news. Can I ask how it will work? Does the receiver receive the EPG directly from the satellite and the OS integrates the data it into it's operation or would the epg be a feed from a web site which would require syncing? Just curious how it works.

Also, any time frame for this? Is it likely to be before version 1.0 of the firmware?

DJBlu
29-06-2009, 08:12 PM
That's good news. Can I ask how it will work? Does the receiver receive the EPG directly from the satellite and the OS integrates the data it into it's operation or would the epg be a feed from a web site which would require syncing? Just curious how it works.

Also, any time frame for this? Is it likely to be before version 1.0 of the firmware?

Direct from the Sat stream, and I don't have a time frame. As I say I have sent all the source code they need. So its with OpenSat.

cyberdude
30-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Direct from the Sat stream, and I don't have a time frame. As I say I have sent all the source code they need. So its with OpenSat.
That's good news. Let's hope OpenSat add it in their code asap.

cosynmr
02-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Anyone heard anything more on this? Are there any plugins available?

Smudger
02-08-2009, 10:05 AM
I believe were in the hands of Opensat.

jimmyboy
03-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Just out of interest, when itv is broadcasting in HD how do you view on the azbox? Do you scan a different frequency manually? Is there a fix for this? On a freesat player you normally press a 'red ' botton on the remote that directs to a different freq.

xanadu
03-08-2009, 12:30 AM
ITV HD works fine.

It scans as a number, it's well known and you will find it anywhere, then just rename it to ITV HD.

jimmyboy
03-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Thanks Xanadu- I assume I need to wait until the next HD broadcast then do a new search? Does it use the same freq or do you need to scan each time?

xanadu
03-08-2009, 12:54 AM
ITV HD is nearly always broadcasing a test screen.

Look it up on k i n g o f s a t or search this site for the frequency details.

If you Google 11426H you will find it.

echelon
03-08-2009, 12:54 AM
its there all the time jimmy m8 , you get a not in service banner onscreen when its not got a live transmission on it