PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Easy to use ?

TJLOWE1
01-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi all,
Im considering buying a DM800,,i currently have a TM6900 which is simple to use and easy to use the latest patches and sofcams, would i be right in thinking that the DM800 is easy to update with current files to view all open channels, i've had a brief look on pimps to explain the process of updating things, but i'm just wondering how easy it actually is. ? Could someone point me to the relivant page for total newbies to the DM800 on how to update the receiver.
Thanks everybody
TJ

loveman
01-04-2009, 02:21 PM
If you're talking about updating keys, then depending on the image, yes, it can be very easy. e.g. with nabilosat, press blue button, and then red button, and it downloads the keys.

Thing is, there's no point in getting a dm800 if you're just wanting to use keys, as it offers no more than your tm6900... If you're looking to venture into the world of the full potentional, then do a google for cccam. But we can't talk about it's uses on here...

simon 2003
01-04-2009, 02:28 PM
@loveman we can talk about setting up ccam m8,no problem just dont hawk for shares or offer any

TJLOWE1
02-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Yes, having done the "basic" satelite thing i'm looking into the possibility of what the DM800 can do, just needed to know how simple things could be with it.
Thanks everyone.
TJ

loveman
02-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Didn#t think that talking about setting it up would be possible, but if so, then that#s all good :)

OK, so basically you just need to find some people who are offering you a c-line, and create theirs. Then you have a whole new world available to you. Easy as pie reallly...