PDA

View Full Version : Problem with BluRay files

eugenebg
03-04-2009, 03:26 PM
I have a proble to play *.m2ts files on the Premium box. In 10-20 sec it stops and I can only reboot it hard.
The test was done with 4 last firmwares. It seems that the problem exists in general. On Popcorn those files plays well.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Giga
03-04-2009, 05:42 PM
do you have a correct playing m2ts file on the Premium box? If so compare it with one playing on the Popcorn.
See what is the difference with mediainfo. H264TS Cutter can perhaps convert the m2ts stream or Cypheros TS Doctor or Handbrake can do something with it?

tinos
03-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I think there is a new Sigma driver in the oven. So maybe some of those issues will be resolved on next firmware release. Right now it is still beta and some stuff might fail. I am sure that if Popcorn can play it the AzBox will also be able to do it with right firmware.

eugenebg
03-04-2009, 10:31 PM
do you have a correct playing m2ts file on the Premium box? If so compare it with one playing on the Popcorn.
See what is the difference with mediainfo. H264TS Cutter can perhaps convert the m2ts stream or Cypheros TS Doctor or Handbrake can do something with it?

Files are the same (Pirates of the Carribean) . I copied it from the same source.

Thanks for advise. But converting is not an option (45 Gb), I can see this movie from Popcorn. :-)
Another problem: DVD-Rip doesn't show any menu, it could be started only by chosing files from the list...

This is only couple of things, that make this box away from perfect one. I hope, with next firmware this issue would be fixed.

sattommy
04-04-2009, 09:42 AM
DVD subtitles, extra audio streams, etc do not work at all.

Compared to the popcornhour were they work perfect.

Tarzan
04-04-2009, 10:59 AM
I have a proble to play *.m2ts files on the Premium box. In 10-20 sec it stops and I can only reboot it hard.
The test was done with 4 last firmwares. It seems that the problem exists in general. On Popcorn those files plays well.

Does anybody have the same problem?

I am guessing you are using the wireless connection???

Well it looks like it's hung because it's in the process of buffering the data..

I also have a similiar problem with the elite and using the wired connection but in my case it doesn't hang and playback is still choppy...

moontan
04-04-2009, 01:27 PM
read somewhere else that the max bitrate was capped at 8mb/s with the beta fw's , so it wouldnt be able to handle files with higher bitrate than that properly. Tried one or 2 blu ray mt2s files myself and they just stuttered (they would have a bitrate a lot higher than 8mb/s). Hopefully it is only being intentionally capped for the time being! as even mkv's i've tried with a high bitrate just stutter.

tinos
04-04-2009, 07:14 PM
It is said that firmware developers are working on a new Sigma driver that is giving them a lot of work... and I think it will probably fix video issue like high bitrate and rgb output. Hope it also does better upscaling of SD content on TV. Movies look great!

eugenebg
05-04-2009, 02:34 PM
I am guessing you are using the wireless connection???

Well it looks like it's hung because it's in the process of buffering the data..

I also have a similiar problem with the elite and using the wired connection but in my case it doesn't hang and playback is still choppy...

I've tryed to play files from SATA HDD, not remoutely