PDA

View Full Version : IPK File Help

rruunneerr
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi,

when installing IPK files, i get ass on successfully added.

But the newly installed program does not show in the add on part.

I have nabilo 0.9, is there a special menu within the DM800 for installed IPK files.

The ipk files I have tried to install is the updated web interface and TVersity and blind scan,

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

sammmy
03-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Using an FTP program you need to send the file to the /tmp folder on the dreambox.
Open the FTP program and usually the left hand window will be the directories, folders and files on your PC and the right hand window will show the directories, folders and files on your dreambox.

Locate the folder in the left hand window where you have extracted the .ipk file to and then open the folder in the right hand window that is the tmp one.
Drag the .ipk file from the pc side into the dreambox side and once it says transfer complete you can close the FTP program.

I use Dreambox Control Centre to use telnet so will explain the procedure for that.

Open the program and click on the Telnet option on the left hand side of the window.

You will see root@dm8000:~# followed by a flashing cursor.

You need to type the following instruction exactly (nb. There is a space between the end of install and / ) :

ipkg install /tmp/libdvdcss2_1.0svn20080519-r0_mipsel.ipk

Once you have double checked that you have typed it correctly hit the enter key on your keyboard and you should see lots of text happening in the window.
When it has finished you should be able to play any DVD, I cant remember now if I had to reboot or not before it worked but I dont think I did. In case it doesnt just reboot and that should sort it.

Hope thats enough detail but if you need more get back to me