PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on loading

ipuk
05-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi Guys,

Just received my AZBox HD Elite, when i turn it on it gets stuck on Loading...

Any ideas?

cheers

Ian

valerica
05-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Use emergency procedure from here :
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=100873&highlight=emergency

Cheers ,
Val .

ipuk
05-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Mate,

You are a star!

Cheers

Ian

ptr
24-05-2009, 07:05 PM
I've use emergency flash procedure but without success. the receiver is just new. just unpacked it from the original box switch on for the very first time it stays on Booting all the time. Can anyone help

sofrenic
24-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Put USB in Azbox HD Turn Of Power and then turn on.
You get UPGRADE scren then select option 1. USB and booting start.

When finish proces 1-4 you get seam scren again and then you select option 5. Boot without udate ;)

Carp95
24-05-2009, 08:36 PM
@sofrenic:

Please explain wright:

When in upgrade screen first select option 4 ( format applecation area) and then option 1 ( upgrade firmware )

ptr
24-05-2009, 09:46 PM
I've done that but nothing is working. usb does not even lit and AZBox still booting.

cibernauta
24-05-2009, 09:46 PM
If the display goes ....... BOOTING... can not access the usb.

cibernauta
24-05-2009, 11:36 PM
If the STB is in BOOTING not recognizing the usb.

Rhodes
25-05-2009, 03:29 AM
Do the following:

On the remote control press exit, left button, and turn off (by remote control).

slegs
25-05-2009, 09:19 AM
When stuck on booting (with the USB key in the port with patch.bin) prss the OK button on the front of the box a few times. This forces the box to read the USB.

goran
25-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Maybe read the Sticky threads? Might be there for a reason...

ptr
25-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Done all the above AZBOX HD Premium still stuck on Booting. USB does not lit at all.

hanswurscht
25-05-2009, 12:20 PM
maybe incompatible Stick?
Wrong format?

pr2
25-05-2009, 01:05 PM
- Do you try with another USB stick brand?

- Is your stick formatted in FAT32 with no other files on it?

- Do you try on the back USB just in case?

- Don't you misconnect the HDD while installing it and blow the USB and the DOM power supply?

iko
25-05-2009, 04:45 PM
post it back and ask for repair or replacement with the good working one if it's brand new box and never worked for you...
good luck

sofrenic
25-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Your USB most be in FAT file sys.

My Computer/right click/Manage/Storage/Disk Managament/Right click to USB and format in FAT ;)

Then you put pach.bin in USB. POver OF/Pover ON
1.USB

pr2
25-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Hello,

Before sending back for repair, open the box and check all the cable connection. Simply push on the cable connector just in case there was a problem during transport and give it a try again to update it.

If it still fails with all the tip published here, then you will have to return your box for repair.

Do you already sucessfully start your box or not?
What is the last operation you do before the box get stuck?

Just in case of, download this firmware via Firefox (not IE please!).

http://azupd.com/0.9.2032/patch.bin

Pr2

cibernauta
26-05-2009, 03:35 PM
My usb is formatted in fat32, and there are several firms that I gave to azbox elite, and now with the firm the first premium is put on the same usb.

What is the last operation you do before the box get stuck?

I go to work........ and when go home.....BOOTING.

pr2
26-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Hello,

If you really can't sort it out with all the explanations here then return the box for repairs.

Looks like the USB and DOM power supply is defective.

Pr2

ipuk
11-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Make sure you connect using Scart and not HDMI

geezerpl
07-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Finally it happened to me too :(

Returned home after a couple of days to find my Premium hanging with "LOADING ..." on display.

Disconnecting internal hdd helped to boot properly. Then I re-flashed the FW, did the factory settings trick, reconnected my hdd and... LOADING again !

I can talk to the box via Total Commander but when I browse hdd (movie folder) i see nothing :(

The hdd - expensive WD Eco 1TB 30% filled-in with material.
Have I lost the drive/contents ? Is Azbox the HDD KILLER ?

radioboy
07-07-2009, 02:22 PM
I had this last nite. All i did was change the channel quickly on a reboot.. I did a rescan of the sat i was on last nite and that fixed the problem

Rad

geezerpl
07-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Are you saying settings got corrupted ? The problem is I do not have channel list at the moment as I re-flashed the FW...

Still Azbox doesn't want to boot with internal drive attached.

pr2
07-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Hello,

Strange it is not the first time that I read problems with WD or Seagate HDD.

I am using Samsung 1TB and never had this problem... so far...

May be something to try,
get a USB memory stick (that you can format)
Disconnect your HDD.
Power on your Azbox, connect and format the USB stick in it.
It will create the recorded, movies, ... folder on it, and create the symlink towards those folders.

try to record something just has a test.

Power off the Azbox.
Connect the HDD and switch it back on and see what happens.

If it boot up connect to it via FTP or Telnet and have a look on /dev/hdb1 to see if the files are there.

Unfortunatelly there is not yet ext2fsck available for the Azbox to try to launch a file system scan.

Pr2

tinos
07-07-2009, 04:13 PM
I you can find a external USB enclosure you could connect HDD via USB and hook to a PC or the AzBox to see if files are still there... do you hear any clicking sound when HDD spins up? does it spinup at all?

geezerpl
07-07-2009, 10:16 PM
May be something to try,
get a USB memory stick (that you can format)
Disconnect your HDD.
Power on your Azbox, connect and format the USB stick in it.
It will create the recorded, movies, ... folder on it, and create the symlink towards those folders.

try to record something just has a test.

Power off the Azbox.
Connect the HDD and switch it back on and see what happens.

Pr2

Didn't make any difference.
Also did try booting up with internal hdd connected & formatted USB stick plugged in.

geezerpl
07-07-2009, 10:19 PM
I you can find a external USB enclosure you could connect HDD via USB and hook to a PC or the AzBox to see if files are still there... do you hear any clicking sound when HDD spins up? does it spinup at all?

I was thinking about that...
Either the WD or Azbox will have to go for servicing.

Yes the drive spins up every couple of seconds.
I just can't believe how did this happen after a month of smooth operation ?! And what does booting up has to do with the internal hdd ??

pr2
08-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Hello,

Symptoms shows that it is a HDD failure not an Azbox one.
I am sure that if you install a new HDD it will works.
So don't send your Azbox for RMA I really think it is useless.

What is the Azbox doing at boot, in fact it tries to map the movies, pictures, music folder so that they are used by default by the Azbox.

See this thread from Slegs (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=634179#post63417 9) it does the same but for the Elite to a USB stick.

A friend of mine gets exactely the same problem with a Seagate HDD in his PopCorn. HDD spin but we clearly heard that there is a problem on the head move mecanism, so HDD has breakdown.

I am sorry for you that the USB doesn't trick you Azbox and let it boot normally... it was just an idea, now we know it doesn't work.

You can look for the "linkin kit" on google it is a kind of universal adaptator that will allow you to connect many HDD via an USB port.

May be in last ressource try to connect this HDD to a Linux system and start a filesystem check... but I don't believe that a full Linux will be able to rescue your broken HDD.

Pr2

geezerpl
03-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Here is a follow-up to my story...

Just received a brand new WD 1TB Green from the service as a replacement for the (apparent) electronic hdd fault. They couldn't figure out whether or not Azbox killed the hdd (lucky me ! :)

Now I am afraid to install it again :) Maybe I'll get Samsung 1TB...

radioboy
03-08-2009, 10:34 PM
hi, i have had a western digital WD10EACS in my box since may and still going.

Radio

tinos
03-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Well WD10EACS have issues with Linux based devices... there are 2 versions of this drive (good one with less platters uses new WD10EADS system but less cache RAM, and old one). Old firmware has issues and needs a fix... every on/off idle time will make autopark heads too often and break after some time. Check about issues on NAS. There is a fix to disable autopark called wdidle3.exe (I had to disable it to make issue go away LCC counter goes high really fast otherwise):
_http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=10355&start=30

If your unit is new you can check firmware version to verify you are Ok. If not you can check smart counter on LCC to see if it raises fast. Also if you are using Windows old firmware was also Ok. New models like WD10EADS or newer firmware issues are gone.