PDA

View Full Version : How can I test my switch on DM800

uksparx
06-04-2009, 07:27 PM
I had a sat dish installed with a 4 port switch was working fine for a couple of months, but now I get signal go to 0% on some channels , yet some channels work fine?

Im using a Dm800 when I go to satfinder there is no signal on the sat I then switch through the 4 sats and after a few seconds i get signal again.

The sat enginner I used to fit will not answaer his phone at the moment , does this sound like a faulty switch?

If so is it a simple job to change the switch ?

Thanks for any help.

This is what my switches connect to

1=28 e 2=19- 3=13- 4=1 w

veron57
06-04-2009, 08:05 PM
I dont have any experience with switches but it could also be the LNB.

Is it reproducible? i.e. can you do it 3x in a row on the same channels?
Is it always the same channels? ..which ones? Try to find if there is a common link, for instance if the failling services are of H or V type etc.

AM556
06-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Firstly check your F connectors are tight on the switch and LNB's.
Replacing a switch is a piece of P, just don't take it for granted that a port A= port A on the next switch, they sometimes don't.
Try replacing the same LNB to the same port on the new switch first, if the new switch doesn't work like your old one...........
Replace the switch but connect only 1 LNB at a time, say LNB connected to port A is your 28e signal. Then pick different port settings in your receiver until you pick up 28e. Then remove that LNB and do the same with the next until you have done them all. Connect them all back up and away you go. Do one at a time so as not to confuse yourself that you are getting signal but no picture, same frequency can be used on different sats.

uksparx
08-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks for youre help looks like I shall be busy this weekend.

Normally happens when I watch Setanta Sports , I wathc this and signal goes to 0 percent, I then try another channel like BBC1 this does not work , I then go into satfinder and switch to another sat and then back to 28.2 the signal comes back then channels work again!

Its strange !

Also Sky Sports HD1 does not work correctly any of the time it use 2 though! , I get stutters every now and then , the ecm times are fine though, and all other HD chaneels work fine.

Its been ok as I have been watching Sky Sport HD1 on italy which seems to have a better picture as well?

drahcirk
08-04-2009, 02:32 PM
setanta signals notoriously weak. i had to cancel my sub b cause of that prob,.