PDA

View Full Version : Nabilo *** EPG missing summaries?

mini__me
09-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Hey all,

I've noticed that not only am I missing some channels via the nabilo integrated epg for the UK but I am also missing a lot of the summaries for programs. This can be seen when I do an update....I'll get about half the summaries to programs found, can anyone shed any light on why I'm missing summaries?

I have another DM500 that runs WeekEPG that downloads all the summaries, and when I run the latest e2_loadepg on the DM800 I get all summaries, so cannot be a lnb/dish issue.

You might ask why I'm not just using e2_loadepg, well it seems to be have time issues, all the programs are out on the guide, but not consistently out, e.g. some channels are out by 2 hours some by 1 hour some bang on :001_07: I have checked the GMT delta and it is currently set to 1.

So I'm trying to figure out why I'm not getting all the summaries and channels under the integrated EPG in Nabilo.

Cheers

mini

loveman
09-04-2009, 01:17 PM
As for the loadepg plugin, go to the cache dir, and delete all the files in there, then start again. Maybe that is the reason why you're having the time issues? Just wondering also how long it takes for you to run the e2_loadepg prog? I d/l the uk and it for all channels, and it takes me about 2 hours to download/create the epg file. Dunno whether it's just me or not!?

Also, I have noticed the problem with the nabilosat image only downloading half the summaries (if that many, sometimes much less). I think that it may be an issue with it storing the temp data in the flash. With e2_loadepg, it creates a 21mb file, so I guess that it has probs storing all the data. With sky it, it only creates a 9mb file, so that's probably why there's no problem creating the epg for sky it... Might work better if we could tell the image to use usb/hdd or something instead... Have written that on the nab forum, but dunno whether it is the case or not. Hopefully they'll be able to check out and post a fix :)

mini__me
09-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Hey mate,

I have deleted all the cache files and .pyc files and rebooted the box but still no joy.

Yeah mine takes about 1.5 hours just for the UK EPG so your probably about right there if you are doing both :-)

I have a swap file set on my usb stick for Nab to use so I would have thought it would use that if required, but I'll try dropping the number of days down to see if that fixes the issue......