PDA

View Full Version : Techomate HD 6900 PVR

Jim Dale
14-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Tomorrow morning im getting my 1st Techomate 6900 PVR hd and would love to know what i could add to the box, can i add a patch plus can i still add my dragon 2.06 cam to recieve bbc/itv/ch4/ch5, from what i've seen you need a usb hhd to add films/tv recordings, the last time i updated firm wares you had to us a null lead to the computer plus whats the best cam for the 6900....Jim

£300 plus free dilivery,

drahcirk
14-04-2009, 07:01 PM
got mine for 259inc del, the usb is very quick, but i find the rs232 lead a lot easier,

mrbleu500
14-04-2009, 07:36 PM
259 inc delivery here also...

USB works fine, and much quicker than serial, never needed to use serial other than for TPS bin update (no longer working) and for CS ;)

Use mine with a diablo 2.3 and it works well, not sure if you can get anything more with dragon that isn't already open on the TM with patch, so you may not need to use it.

teassoc
14-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Tomorrow morning im getting my 1st Techomate 6900 PVR hd and would love to know what i could add to the box, can i add a patch plus can i still add my dragon 2.06 cam to recieve bbc/itv/ch4/ch5, from what i've seen you need a usb hhd to add films/tv recordings, the last time i updated firm wares you had to us a null lead to the computer plus whats the best cam for the 6900....Jim

£300 plus free dilivery,

Is that the Super or non-super version? Super costs a bit more as you may have found.

If you have the super version you'll have 2 usb points - one of which you can connect your usb hdd to. The other you can use for usb pen updates. I've had mine working like that for a while but the pvr function doesn't always work properly.

Not sure that you'd need the dragon cam for anything as the patch gives you everything and more if you want to explore 'networking functionality'. Diablo cam will give you more open packages than either but how long Canal Digitaal on Astra and Canal + on Thor will last is anyone's guess.

Not sure how much you have read up on the box but importing a channel list can cause problems.

Jim Dale
15-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Super m8:)

Giga
15-04-2009, 04:54 PM
save your channellist and keep it on a safe place. If you lose the terrestial channels, it is hard to get those back. Great STB:respect-054:

Ghoulie
15-04-2009, 06:31 PM
concur with all above - tm 6900 hd super combo excellent piece of kit - but the handbook is pure garbage

Jim Dale
15-04-2009, 06:33 PM
save your channellist and keep it on a safe place.
dont quite understand what you mean about the above,m8:)

echelon
15-04-2009, 06:56 PM
moved to the correct forum

you can use the usb or the null modem cable to patch the box , add a channel list , add a tmsoftcam etc , same as you do on the tm1000 or tm5000 series , and using the same dark man v1.87 loader from the tm1000 section

the channel list is backed up from the box to the pc , either using the darkman loader and the null modem cable , or using a usb pen drive instead

so they mean save a copy of your completed channel list on the pen drive , and on the pc as well , the more places the better

as for bbc1 , bbc2 , itv , ch4 and ch5 , they are all free to air on 28.2e so no cam is required , and no card either !!! free is exactly that , free !!

c4HD will require a working sly card however , but bbcHD and itvHD are both free , when available , as is luxe tv in HD as well

use a usb pen drive or usb hard disk drive for recordings on the receiver

I hope its the super that you bought and not a standard , and double check as you need the correct patch for the actual model version

Jim Dale
15-04-2009, 07:32 PM
well i've just checked and its saying technomate 6900HD combo super+
and thanks for the help m8:)