View Full Version : Which one

tolet
17-04-2009, 05:40 PM
:bowing-036:WHICH ONE AZBOX PREMIUM /QBOX HD /DB 800

xanadu
17-04-2009, 07:45 PM
:bowing-036:WHICH ONE AZBOX PREMIUM /QBOX HD /DB 800

Welcome to the forum...
Don't forget to introduce yourself to the forum here :- https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=431

I was thinking of buying Qbox HD rather than Azbox HD, but now I think I will probably get the Azbox HD when some more of the major bugs are fixed.

Forget the DM800, as it's not worth the money, and has bad tuner problems and overheating.

(https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=431)

sonic1
17-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Forget the DM800, as it's not worth the money, and has bad tuner problems and overheating.

I have to say that is crap xanadu { sorry bud as I have respect for you }

But my DM800 has had no over heating issues and get everything on 28e with a mini dish.

HD channel have SNR of less than 50% but I get no break up at all, even on HD channels.

My DM800 runs 247 since last October and never even goes into standby, It had an internal HDD, USB and smargo connected.

So it has no overheating issues.

xanadu
17-04-2009, 08:08 PM
But my DM800 has had no over heating issues and get everything on 28e with a mini dish.

Many people will of course be happy DM800 owners, but also there are many that have had overheating problems, and tuner problems.

Some owners are more critical than others.

passete
17-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Just a few Words..., that for the price of dm-800, you can find much beter receivers, (construction) and Size .
But for Support, nothing beats DReambox.
I have in mind the Qbox-hd, but after all the "issues" i've decided to Go to Dm-8000 Hd, I don't Regret.

Regards

crabber
17-04-2009, 08:51 PM
I spent most of yesterday stuck on the M25 driving to buy an 8000.
This was against my better judgement as it costs over 3 times as much as my Kathrein.
I would agree the best thing about a dreambox is the support.
I turned the 8000 on, installed gemini, pressed the blue button to automatically download and install cccam, put in my config file and that was it.

bonovox
17-04-2009, 10:27 PM
I have to say that is crap xanadu { sorry bud as I have respect for you }

HD channel have SNR of less than 50% but I get no break up at all, even on HD channels.

My DM800 runs 247 since last October and never even goes into standby, It had an internal HDD, USB and smargo connected.

So it has no overheating issues.

Have to agree with everything u say. The only gripe I have with the 800 is that they made it too small which can make it run too hot. There was just no need to make it as small as they did. A bit ridiculous really. Having said that I have had no trouble with over heating with my 800 this far and it has an internal hdd. Its a great receiver and like all other Dream receivers it has fantastic images and support.