PDA

View Full Version : CCC: 3 magic letters for Azbox

pr2
17-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Hello,

Many people already talk about the opportunity to run CCCam on Azbox.

It seems that this project is still on track and its name is CCC.
The first release will available by the end of this month.

So we need to keep our eyes open to find it when it will be available...

Pr2

Yoda
17-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Cant wait for this to happen mate, can i ask what your source is and if you have any further info???

Yoda

bulmers
17-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Im just on the verge of buying a premium. Waiting for 2 things to happen first :

1. This release (and for it to work well)
2. The DVB-T tuners to become available (and work well with the MPEG4 system here in Ireland)

If these 2 things happen; I think the credit card will be getting a roasting!
Just to add - Ive never owned a linux based box before (Im still running an old Technomate TM5000DAPCI, which still works very well I must add), so god help ye if I buy one of these. Ill have plenty of questions for ye experienced owners. :)

all the best,
bulmers

Yoda
17-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Bulmers...

Bring on the questions if you get one mate, thats what the forum is all about, its such fun playing around with new bits of kit.

Trust me you cant do much damage, mine has not caught fire!!! Yet...

Yoda

bulmers
17-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks Yoda. I will not forget your offer :respect-057:

Youll be sorry. :)

bulmers
17-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Just measured out the CAT5 cable run from my router to the TV corner (About 20-25M) Anyone ever see a Technomate DAPCI crying?

s_kates81
18-04-2009, 05:23 AM
Bulmers...

Bring on the questions if you get one mate, thats what the forum is all about, its such fun playing around with new bits of kit.

Trust me you cant do much damage, mine has not caught fire!!! Yet...

Yoda

Yoda. LOL. You one didnt catch fire since you didn't install a hard disk in the box yet. Mine's first box caught fire because of improperly installing a hard disk ( there was no instruction to properly plug the hard disk anywhere on the web or the manual) and I couldn't claim the warranty. Just had to throw away 360 euros+ shipping charges+custom import charges total around 550 euro in the dust bin.

I've repurchased the box, re invested more than 400 euros again so this box worth for me now around 1000 euros, the most expensive owner in this forum is me, I guess lol

pr2
18-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Yoda. LOL. You one didnt catch fire since you didn't install a hard disk in the box yet. Mine's first box caught fire because of improperly installing a hard disk ( there was no instruction to properly plug the hard disk anywhere on the web or the manual) and I couldn't claim the warranty. Just had to throw away 360 euros+ shipping charges+custom import charges total around 550 euro in the dust bin.

I've repurchased the box, re invested more than 400 euros again so this box worth for me now around 1000 euros, the most expensive owner in this forum is me, I guess lol

Hello s_kate81,

I disagree with you in the English user guide page 94 there is a clear picture that show you how to connect properly the HDD. This user manual was already released when you wrongly connect your HDD.
But has many users you don't read the user manual before installing the HDD! So this is indeed your fault what happens to your box, you could not blame Azbox.

You are not the only one that make the same mistake, so I create a clear do***ent to show exactely how to connect the HDD in the Azbox.

You can find it on this forum and also on this site (version are slightly different):

h**p://www.azboxhd.eu

Pr2

s_kates81
18-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Hello s_kate81,

I disagree with you in the English user guide page 94 there is a clear picture that show you how to connect properly the HDD. This user manual was already released when you wrongly connect your HDD.
But has many users you don't read the user manual before installing the HDD! So this is indeed your fault what happens to your box, you could not blame Azbox.

You are not the only one that make the same mistake, so I create a clear do***ent to show exactely how to connect the HDD in the Azbox.

You can find it on this forum and also on this site (version are slightly different):

h**p://www.azboxhd.eu

Pr2

Yes mate, your picture clarification after my incidient is just perfect. I wish you could've done it earlier so I wouldn't have lost 500 euro for burning my box

pr2
19-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Hello,

I could not do it before the problem is known, sorry bad experience of some people help the majority of the other.

I know only 2 peoples (including you) that make this mistake. I have not heard of others.

Pr2

s_kates81
19-04-2009, 12:27 PM
lol. It means I maybe the dumbest user around with another poor mate which you mentioned.

Is there a date yet about when the magic CCC is being made available? Just can't wait for it.