PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! satcatcher voyager 2 - openbox X820

nigel
18-04-2009, 03:23 PM
hi i have been informed ht i can upgrade my satcatcher voyager 2 to an openbox i have all updater v1.00 & a null modem cable 2 be able 2 do it but cant sem 2 get it 2 connect.

can somebody plz tell me if the equipment ihave i correct, & give me a step by step guide 2 do this.

any help would b much appreciated thanks.

drahcirk
18-04-2009, 07:52 PM
take a look in phoenix section ,lot of tuts in there,.

nigel
18-04-2009, 08:34 PM
i found a really good post & managed 2 get the software 2 connect 2 the receiver but it said it was the wrong model any suggestions plz.

Dark Cloud
18-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Methinks your box may need the software for Openbox x810 and not x820.
Have you tried those files ?.

nigel
19-04-2009, 06:51 PM
:bowing-036: thank you
though where can i get hold of any of the x810 files as i can only see the 1's 4 the 820

Dark Cloud
19-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Nigel, I have the 810 files on another forum, I'm krap at pc,s so I'll try and add them for you.
Meanwhile "drahcirk" helped me big style, he could post the file quicker than me. The man with the best knowledge is andrew007, but he doesn't like PM's.
OR, if you pm me I'll give you a lead to the other forum.

Andrew007
20-04-2009, 08:13 AM
hi i have been informed ht i can upgrade my satcatcher voyager 2 to an openbox i have all updater v1.00 & a null modem cable 2 be able 2 do it but cant sem 2 get it 2 connect.

can somebody plz tell me if the equipment ihave i correct, & give me a step by step guide 2 do this.

any help would b much appreciated thanks.

Yes Nigel..
lots of Tut's How to do..just take your time and Read around.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=89282

OR this Method Quick Guide:
Step 1 : Switch off the Openbox at the mains and connect it to your PC using a "null modem" cable.
Step 2 : Run the Loader programme and set the serial port to whichever serial port you use.
Step 4 : Now click the "File Tab" and load the Openbox update you downloaded.
Step 5 : Now click the "Update" tab and switch on the mains supply to the receiver.
You will now see 3 horizontal bars travelling from left to right, this will continue for a couple of minutes after which you will see "n" again moving left to right followed by "0" and lastly "8" DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PROCESS UNTILL YOU SEE "8" OK the update is over switch off the receiver, remove the cable and switch on the receiver again.
The main thing is once started do not interfere with the process YOU MUST WAIT FOR "8" to appear only then is the update over.
Follow these instructions and you won't go wrong, make sure that you use the correct file for your receiver.

Compliments of "JimiHendrix".. :respect-067:TKS

Check this out:..Old x810 Version with Loader.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=107267

Is this the PVR Model..?

You will have to Try out the different Loaders to see which one Connects.
Obviously I DO NOT have this Box so I CANNOT check this for you.OK

I have asked if I can get an Alternative X810 Version with Digi AU Fix for you.

The best way to Check IF IT HAS been Converted is Go into Menu it should then say Openbox on the top.
Or Check Firmware Go to System Settings and then System Info.

Try the above or wait to see if I get an answer for your x810 Version Fix...OK

Cheers;)
Andrew

nigel
20-04-2009, 09:47 AM
thankyou its not not the pvr model but tht software is a big help:bowing-036:

Andrew007
20-04-2009, 08:33 PM
thankyou its not not the pvr model but tht software is a big help:bowing-036:

Nigel..
Here is the Fixed version with AU turned OFF.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=107318

Enjoy.

Cheers:)
Andrew