PDA

View Full Version : dreambox dm 800 hd Very Slow Booting Up

menow
23-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Hello

I am having problem with my dreambox dm 800 hd on Nabilosat v6. It takes so long time to boot up, sometimes it took more than five minutes to boot.

Does anybody know what is the problem and what I can do to rectify it.

The image is in flash as it is the only image I am using.

Thank you all.

sonic1
23-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Nabilo BH 0.6 is now quite dated, you also don't mention if you have the image in the flash or via multiboot ?

I would suggest you put OoZoon lite in the flash, unplug any HDD or USB and then check again.

I am not able to time how long my box takes to boot but I would guess around 2.5-3 mins

loveman
23-04-2009, 12:59 PM
As sonic says, nabilo 0.6 is quite outdated. If I were you, I would probably go for a fresh install of nabilo 0.9. Since you must've had image installed for a while, when you've played around trying to do certain things with it, you might have done something that has messed it up... So, things to do:

1. Take a backup of all the things you want to keep (i.e. channels, sat configs, cccam.cfg etc)
2. Install new image to flash*
3. Restore your backups
4. Install latest secondstage loader and drivers**
5. Install any plugins etc
6. Enjoy the tv again, hopefully with a faster booting box

* Personally, I'd recommend to install oozoon into the flash, use a usb pen, and then install nabilo 0.9 on to that - even if you only want to ever use the 1 image. Reason I say this, is that if you wanted to install a newer image in the future, you will still have the older image available in case you forgot to back something up, or the install does not go well etc. If doing this, you will need to install barry allen on to the flash image after installing, and then install your chosen image through barry allen. Also, I would recommend to disable the baopinst option within barry allen...
** If using barry allen and multiboot, you will need to install the latest drivers and secondstage to both the image in flash and the images on the usb stick...

slime
23-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Hi,

Interesting read - sorry to h1j4ck but I have couple of questions...

1) what is the baopinst option? What does it do? I guess I still have this enabled.
2) Is oozoon better in flash than Nabilo Pure Flash?
3) didn't realise that you need latest SS BL and latest drivers on each image! Doh!

Thanks

loveman
24-04-2009, 11:22 AM
1. From what I remember, the baopinst option enables all images to use the same settings (i.e. channel lists, timer recordings etc). In theory this is a great idea, but it can cause a lot of problems with images, especially with images that have different enigma cvs builds etc.

2. In my mind, the oozoon is better than the nabilo pure flash, just for the fact that it has a later enigma cvs build. Doesn't really make any difference. Both will work, but I prefer to use the oozoon.

3. That was the only way I could get the sly uk card to be read in the internal slot of the card reader. If it was flash only it didn't work. So think it's best to keep everything up to date just to be sure it will defo use latest things :)

menow
24-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Thank you for all your help. I downloaded the Oozoon image lean but the problem am having now is that I cannot locate THE BLUE PANEL or the keys section on the image.

Where am I going to put my Ccam key? I dont seem to see anywhere on the image for emu.

Please help.

Thanks.

As sonic says, nabilo 0.6 is quite outdated. If I were you, I would probably go for a fresh install of nabilo 0.9. Since you must've had image installed for a while, when you've played around trying to do certain things with it, you might have done something that has messed it up... So, things to do:

1. Take a backup of all the things you want to keep (i.e. channels, sat configs, cccam.cfg etc)
2. Install new image to flash*
3. Restore your backups
4. Install latest secondstage loader and drivers**
5. Install any plugins etc
6. Enjoy the tv again, hopefully with a faster booting box

* Personally, I'd recommend to install oozoon into the flash, use a usb pen, and then install nabilo 0.9 on to that - even if you only want to ever use the 1 image. Reason I say this, is that if you wanted to install a newer image in the future, you will still have the older image available in case you forgot to back something up, or the install does not go well etc. If doing this, you will need to install barry allen on to the flash image after installing, and then install your chosen image through barry allen. Also, I would recommend to disable the baopinst option within barry allen...
** If using barry allen and multiboot, you will need to install the latest drivers and secondstage to both the image in flash and the images on the usb stick...

loveman
24-04-2009, 01:02 PM
OK, if you're going to use the oozoon image, I'd recommend using barry allen with a usb stick as stated in my first post. Oozoon isn't as friendly and functional as the nabilo et al images...

You can still use cccam through oozoon iirc. But I think you need to manually install through telnet. It's not quite as easy to setup as nabilo.

To install barry allen, download the latest version, ftp it to the /tmp folder on your dm800, telnet into the dm800 and issue the following command:

ipkg install /tmp/barryalleninstallfile.ipk

This will then install barry allen. Then ftp the image you want to install to the /MB_Images folder. Then access barry allen via the blue button (iirc), and choose to install nfi images...

sonic1
24-04-2009, 01:48 PM
You can install Barry Allen direct from the OoZoon addon menu.

Also like I have already mentioned we need to know if you intend to use the image in flash or via multiboot.

If you intend to have the image in the flash only then Nabilo BH0.9 would be better.

Lastly has OoZoon improved the original concern?