PDA

View Full Version : Lost all positions

oldjiver
25-04-2009, 10:23 AM
A couple of nights ago I moved the dish from 1w to 28e on my TM6900HD Super. It then suddenly went haywire, lost all the sat positions and kept sending the dish to 30w (which is the limit) It also wouldnt move further east than 19e. I tried all the usual sat setup procedures to no avail. Eventually I did a factory reset and managed somehow(dont ask me how) to reset the limits and restore the sat positions one by one.
Funny thing is despite the factory reset the patch is still working and I get all the scrambled channels same as before? I thought a factory reset would have cleared the patch??
Any comments appreciated.:respect-058:

teassoc
25-04-2009, 11:47 AM
A couple of nights ago I moved the dish from 1w to 28e on my TM6900HD Super. It then suddenly went haywire, lost all the sat positions and kept sending the dish to 30w (which is the limit) It also wouldnt move further east than 19e. I tried all the usual sat setup procedures to no avail. Eventually I did a factory reset and managed somehow(dont ask me how) to reset the limits and restore the sat positions one by one.
Funny thing is despite the factory reset the patch is still working and I get all the scrambled channels same as before? I thought a factory reset would have cleared the patch??
Any comments appreciated.:respect-058:

My sympathies. That's one of the worst things to discover that you have lost all the satellite positions. Like you I hate having to add them all back from scratch.

That used to happen more with my old Echostar 3000 but not with the TM6000. It does seem however to get a little confused sometimes trying to find satellites that I don't access that often. Repeating the search from different satellites generally sorts that out.

Seems odd that the patch is still there but maybe the factory re-set doesn't have access to the unofficial patches. One just complements the other. Just a theory.