PDA

View Full Version : Finding channels on HD200 Combo

nator75
25-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi all, I'm new to all this, so please be gentle.

I have bought an HD200 combo, and plugged it into our communal dish. It's big enough to receive a pretty good signal from the likes of Hotbird and Astra.

Automatic channel searches only bring up the usual suspects, mainly British channels. I am looking for foreign channels, and in particular the SSR/SRG channels for which I have a card. However, when I input the details for other channels manually (frequency, PID, the lot), the decoder does not find them at all, and simply says 'no signal'

Am I missing something obvious? Can anybody help? I have the latest 3.32 firmware.

jackpot18uk
26-04-2009, 01:25 AM
if it is a communal dish, it will just be fixed onto one satellite, and as you say these are mainly British channels it will probably be Astra at 28 e, for the SSR/SRG channels you will need a separate dish or motorized one to receive these channels as they are located on another satellite Hotbird located at 13 east.

nator75
26-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks Jackpot. The thing is, the receiver does get channels from Hotbird 13E. I can get a whole host of channels from it, so why not these? I asked the people who installed the dish if I could get channels from Hotbird before I bought the decoder, and they said yes. Is it somehow set up to filter what channels I can get?
Again, I am new to this, so I'm probably missing something really obvious!