PDA

View Full Version : Enigma2 on these boxes, rumor or not ?

JoseD
26-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi, there was some post here (few weeks/month back) saying that there were beta versions of E2 being tested for this mahcine.
Is this true ? E2 has the best support for streaming and other features that others don't have, that's why it's important to me...

Thanks

happyhammer
26-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi, there was some post here (few weeks/month back) saying that there were beta versions of E2 being tested for this mahcine.
Is this true ? E2 has the best support for streaming and other features that others don't have, that's why it's important to me...

Thanks

think that was an Aprils fools...

JoseD
27-04-2009, 01:57 AM
pah...:)

bonovox
27-04-2009, 02:24 AM
The thing is enigma hardly ever works right on other boxes. The Kathrein is a prime example. They released a working software that was ok if you liked the box to crash everytime you changed channel. This is much the same with any other box trying to run enigma. That is any other box than the dreambox. If you want enigma2 then buy a dreambox.;)

MrTrapper
27-04-2009, 02:14 PM
"..That is any other box than the dreambox. If you want enigma2 then buy a dreambox..."
NOT agreed with You, friend...
I have IPBox 9000HD, and with latest E2 by Tideglo and PKT mod. 3.3 or 3.4, everything go excelent..Fast channel zapping, (I use E2 Likra settings for DM 800HD in IPBox 9000HD), fast channel clearing, not any crash at all...
Only problem I had, is HDD playing of recorded file...It going OK, if You only want to play recorded files (SD or HD), but, if I press fast rew. or fast forw. or even STOP, in Media player bouttons, I got a neverending proces of trying to do my command...Only back switcher can help!!!

But , as I know, even DM 800 and DM 8000, have a lot of problems, playing E2 recording and playback...

Alsow, I have AZBox HD Premium, from february, and it play well, but, for now, I most time using my IPBox 9000HD..Reason is cos every new sw. for AZBox HD is still beta sw.( it run excellent, but we for shure have to wait for final version, till end of ujune, as it was promised officialy!!!

Rgs!
Trapper

dubious
27-04-2009, 02:22 PM
But , as I know, even DM 800 and DM 8000, have a lot of problems, playing E2 recording and playback...

Not true m8, at least on 8k, that's all been fixed, even HD recordings can FF and RW at x128 speed ;)

DJBlu
27-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Play a MKV / AVI without PC Transcoding at 1080p?
Play a youtube stream without VLC?

dubious
27-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Play a MKV / AVI without PC Transcoding at 1080p?

yep, see this thread where others and myself have posted

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104872

Play a youtube stream without VLC?

nope and I shall never do either for serious viewing with my 8k as I have an HTPC connected to my 50" TV with a UI and functionality that NO STB will ever match.

I shall probably never even fit a DVD drive either, I want my STB to be just that not a jack of all things and master of none.

Horses for courses I guess :)

crabber
27-04-2009, 03:53 PM
@MrTrapper which emu are you using? I have Kathrein which works OK now with E2 and incubus BUT it will only use one server of Cccam.
I think ipbox uses later emu version so could you confirm that it works with multiple servers and can reshare with newcs?
(I got so frustrated I bought an 8000)

DJBlu
27-04-2009, 04:32 PM
yep, see this thread where others and myself have posted

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104872

nope and I shall never do either for serious viewing with my 8k as I have an HTPC connected to my 50" TV with a UI and functionality that NO STB will ever match.

I shall probably never even fit a DVD drive either, I want my STB to be just that not a jack of all things and master of none.

Horses for courses I guess :)

That might be your preference, but I am sure I'd like to pay €250 for all of the above.

Likewise I to have a media centre PC however the no-noise option of the AZBox appeals not only to me but my missus as well, and we all know that it is the woman that we need to impress not ourselves. ;)

I'm sure that when all is finished with this box it will be up there with the dreambox. I remember when the DM's started out and people were saying they would never move from STB's and CAM's.

How times change.

JoseD
27-04-2009, 08:59 PM
@crabber

The Kathrein sucks. I had one. The images available don't even have english docs so you can't work out things for yourself (i.e. RTFM), you have to wonder on forums to follow instructions. You can get around it but it's not pleasant, these boxes already have enouph complications.

Second, Incubus have stoped support for it, latest versions won't run at all. And last time I heard mgcamd stoped support for it too.
Seems like Kathrein managed to **** even the teams with their lack of support.

The Technomage9100 has great images that run Cccam:) But it's not HD.
The IPBo***00HD currently seems to have problems with CH, due to slow network response.

MrTrapper
01-05-2009, 01:30 PM
"..I think ipbox uses later emu version so could you confirm that it works with multiple servers and can reshare with newcs?.."
From begining I use SifTeam EMU..Now I use r8873, cos, for me it have excellent HD picture, and very,very good SD picture (for shure it is upscaled on best possible way)
On SifTeam, or with E2, I use only Mbox CS EMU,cos my friend have only GBox CS server...So, sorry, do not know to much about CCCam CS...:frown:
It is very easy to configure MBox (on SifTeam and on E2 it can be downloaded from WEB servers, in first case from SifTeam panel, and on E2, from PKT blue panel. At end, after IPbox configure alone, all MBox files, I have to enter in var/keys my cwshere.cfg file, and GO...all colours are here:respect-050:
I learned some things about E2 recorded files, how to play and how to stop it with red,green,yellow an blue bouttons...So, for now, no more CRASH on E2 recorded file playing...
Only one thing, have to learn: how to convert .ts streaming file into DVD file to burn it on DVD..
Any help about it?
Rgs!
Trapper

valerica
01-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi ,
To convert use the programm ConvertXtoDVD .

Cheers ,
Val .

pr2
01-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Hello everybody,

You are in the Azbox section and you start to speak of all the other STB. It becomes unreadable this thread. (Even if it is interesting!).

So back to main point:

E2 on Azbox was an April fool indeed.

Azbox can play directely MKV files (no need to stream from PC).
Azbox has built-in the YouTube viewer, so there is no problem to watch YouTube videos, no need for VLC or whatever else.

Azbox won't need E2 image since the official firmware works properly and propose a lot of features. It was says that the Channel Editor for Azbox will include an option to convert E2 channel list into Azbox format for a smooth migration... but I don't know if this will be done or when.

Pr2