PDA

View Full Version : AZbox Elite will not play recored files

wildboys
28-04-2009, 05:52 AM
How do you get the azbox elite to playback recorded files?
When i record something to my usb hardrive.I go to filemanager and check the recorded file and select ok..The files does not play.I am i doing something wrong?

Giga
28-04-2009, 06:07 AM
do you get an error: 'Not supported'?=> scrambled channel recording (firmware 1605)
did you try playing from AzBox TV-menu

wildboys
28-04-2009, 06:59 AM
do you get an error: 'Not supported'?=> scrambled channel recording (firmware 1605)
did you try playing from AzBox TV-menuI went to menu and
recorded programs.All of the Sd recordings will play.None of the Hd recordings will play back ,DVB-S2 hd or Mpeg2 hd file will not play from the hardrive.If i try to play somethiing recorded in high definition the unit locks up and has to be powered off to unlock it.The hd files i recorded are 35mbps HD feeds.

Giga
28-04-2009, 07:51 AM
You need to use the left menu key, the one left from the left arrow and then go to the recorded files.
That should play them.

Going to your files via the menu key, the AZbox assumes you want to play avi or other standard files and doesn't always play them or even says the format is wrong.

wildboys
28-04-2009, 08:30 AM
You need to use the left menu key, the one left from the left arrow and then go to the recorded files.
That should play them.

Going to your files via the menu key, the AZbox assumes you want to play avi or other standard files and doesn't always play them or even says the format is wrong.I am using the left menu key on the remote
but i cannot get it to play any highbitrate hd recorded files.I live in the USA
and most of our hd feeds are very high bitrate about 35mpbs or more.i think the box has a problem with playing these recordings.It will play the Standard definition files i recorded without problems.

valerica
28-04-2009, 09:07 AM
The s/w in the receiver limits the bitrate to under 20 mbps because of stability reasons . Blueray streams r not working , also . Must wait for a new s/w .

Cheers ,
Val .

Giga
28-04-2009, 09:27 AM
could be a firmware issue, contact your supplier?

wildboys
28-04-2009, 09:36 AM
The s/w in the receiver limits the bitrate to under 20 mbps because of stability reasons . Blueray streams r not working , also . Must wait for a new s/w .

Cheers ,
Val .The live tv hd feed i am watching is 35mbps.
When i watch it live it does not have video stutter or jerkyness.
when i record the file to the usb 2.0 hardrive and try to play it back.
That is when the video stutter is present.I have the azbox elite.
Does the azbox premium with the esata port have the same highbitrate playback problem?

valerica
28-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Yes , the same problem with Premium either with esata WD Mybook 2 500 Gb or 3.5" int.sata Seagate 250 Gb .

tinos
28-04-2009, 01:04 PM
I think it will need new Sigma driver on future firmware to work... but it is a lot of work I guess. You could try to playback files via VLC on PC. Does it also fail? so recording is the issue or playback?

valerica
28-04-2009, 02:01 PM
I can play OK with KMPlayer recordings from esata with my desktop .

wildboys
02-05-2009, 09:57 PM
I think it will need new Sigma driver on future firmware to work... but it is a lot of work I guess. You could try to playback files via VLC on PC. Does it also fail? so recording is the issue or playback?The high bitrate feeds will record but they will not playback without video stutter.

goran
03-05-2009, 10:09 AM
And have you tried HOME -> Movies?

wildboys
03-05-2009, 08:01 PM
And have you tried HOME -> Movies?If the home movie is under 20MBPS it will play,but it is over 20MBPS it want play.All blu-ray or high bitrate HD feeds are over 20MBPS.

pr2
05-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Hello,

Indeed there is a bandwidth limitation set to 20 Mbps set for stability reasons of the drivers. Once the new driver Sigma will be stable enough, I guess that they will increase (or even better) suppress the bandwidth limit.

Pr2

click69
17-05-2009, 04:13 PM
hi there i have the same problem i can't play files on my hd elite i tried everything menu file manager the file is there but .......i press play on the file that i recorded but nothing
i go to the menu press recorded programs they there the files i press ok then play but the screen stays black
by the way i got the latest firm
many thanks

valerica
17-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Try to reboot (5 secs push on/off button) and than play .

Cheers ,
Val .

pr2
17-05-2009, 05:53 PM
hi there i have the same problem i can't play files on my hd elite i tried everything menu file manager the file is there but .......i press play on the file that i recorded but nothing
i go to the menu press recorded programs they there the files i press ok then play but the screen stays black
by the way i got the latest firm
many thanks

This will also depend on the emu you are using.
Today only mgcamd is working fine with recording.

Latest mbox is improving the timeshift but still seems to have problem with recording encrypted channel.

So please specify if you are talking of FTA channel or encrypted one, which emu you use and which card you have.

click69
17-05-2009, 06:00 PM
hi there many thanks for the replys yes i tried to rec with encrypt chanels
mobox 0021 fix and i have a tv cabo rom 142
thanks

Threepwood
03-06-2009, 05:20 AM
The live tv hd feed i am watching is 35mbps.
When i watch it live it does not have video stutter or jerkyness.
when i record the file to the usb 2.0 hardrive and try to play it back.
That is when the video stutter is present.I have the azbox elite.
Does the azbox premium with the esata port have the same highbitrate playback problem?Just got my AzBox Elite, and I seem to have run into the same issue described by Wildboys when attempting to play back high-bitrate HD feeds from a USB hard disk.

Live viewing of these feeds is perfect, but playback stutters badly and the sound cuts out after the first few seconds. I'm not sure this is related to the 20 Mbps network streaming/transfer limit, as these recordings are being played back straight from the USB hard disk.

I've gotten the AzBox to successfully play back HD recordings with bitrates of up to 30 Mbps without a single stutter or dropped frame, even in 4:2:2, using the latest firmware. But anything above 30 Mbps seems to cause major problems during playback... Alas, bitrates higher than 30 Mbps are the norm for HD feeds.

I'm also wondering whether this may be a USB related issue, and whether an AzBox Premium connected via SATA might get around this issue.

wildboys
03-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Just got my AzBox Elite, and I seem to have run into the same issue described by Wildboys when attempting to play back high-bitrate HD feeds from a USB hard disk.

Live viewing of these feeds is perfect, but playback stutters badly and the sound cuts out after the first few seconds. I'm not sure this is related to the 20 Mbps network streaming/transfer limit, as these recordings are being played back straight from the USB hard disk.

I've also gotten the AzBox to successfully play back HD recordings with bitrates of up to 30 Mbps without a single stutter or dropped frame, even in 4:2:2, using the latest firmware. But anything above 30 Mbps seems to cause major problems during playback... Alas, bitrates higher than 30 Mbps are the norm for HD feeds.

I'm also wondering whether this may be a USB related issue, and whether an AzBox Premium connected via SATA might get around this issue.I have both boxes and they both will not playback high bitrate recorded files.USB 2.0 is 480mbps so it is not the usb drive thats
limits the playback.It is the azbox firmware.

Threepwood
03-06-2009, 08:51 AM
I have both boxes and they both will not playback high bitrate recorded files.USB 2.0 is 480mbps so it is not the usb drive thats
limits the playback.It is the azbox firmware.It’s somewhat reassuring to hear that the AzBox Premium will not play high-bitrate recordings either. I was beginning to fear I had purchased the wrong model and should’ve gone for the Premium instead…

Granted, USB 2.0 obviously has more than enough bandwidth to handle this material… The real question was whether there was a specific AzBox Elite bug when reading high-bitrate material over USB, or whether it affected the AzBox Premium using SATA as well. But your tests with both models seem to have settled that. :)

On a related note, I’ve read a bit of encouraging news from a member of another forum who attended the ANGA trade fair in Germany last week. The AzBox stand was reportedly showing off a pre-recorded 1080i 4:2:2 clip with a bitrate of 38 Mbps, and it seemed to play back smoothly. He could not say for certain whether the model being demoed was an Elite or a Premium -- this is what originally led me to suspect that the Premium might be able to handle high-bitrate material, possibly due to its SATA capability. However, in light of your experiences with the Premium, I think it’s safe to assume that the Opensat folks were using an unreleased firmware that can handle high-bitrate recordings just fine.

Here is the 38 Mbps sample that they were playing successfully:

MPEG2_1080i50_4-2-2_38Mbps.ts (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9IEI1L8P)

It is a 1 minute clip of the Blue Man Group…

gtg60
03-06-2009, 09:54 AM
I don't know if this is helpful but I had an m2ts file from Ironman that wouldn't play over my network without studdering but when I transfered it to the Internal HDD of my Premium it played prefectly.

pr2
03-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Hello,

The bandwidth limitation is applied to both the network interface and the USB interface too. So you are affected by the 20 Mbps throttle for the time being, once the new Sigma driver will be implemented in the firmware, this limitation will no longer exist.

Pr2

Threepwood
04-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the explanation Pr2, but are you sure that the issue we’re discussing here is related to this 20 Mbps limit? As stated above, I can play back recordings with constant bitrates of exactly 30 Mbps perfectly fine via USB. I’ll gladly provide some 30 Mbps sample clips if needed.

Also, is the SATA interface exempt from the 20 Mbps limit? If that were the case, the AzBox Premium should already be able to play back high-bitrate recordings from its internal hard disk, even though it does not work according to Wildboys.

I only have an AzBox Elite myself so I cannot verify this... Could an AzBox Premium owner please try to download the following 1-minute clip, and then transfer it to the internal SATA hard disk to see whether or not it plays smoothly from there?

MPEG2_1080i50_4-2-2_38Mbps.ts (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9IEI1L8P)

That would tell us once and for all whether the issue is related to the network/USB bandwidth limit, or whether there is some additional bug that is preventing playback of high-bitrate material.

pr2
05-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Hello,

I test your video and here are the result:

Firmware: 0.9.2032 Not OK
Firmware: 0.9.2163 OK

I test it on 2 Azbox Premium with internal 1TB Samsung HDD.

Pr2

Threepwood
05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi Pr2,

Many thanks for taking the time to test that clip and reporting your findings. At least now we have confirmation that high-bitrate recordings work over SATA on the AzBox Premium. Over USB, however, the limit is indeed 30 Mbps as I reported earlier. So for AzBox Elite owners at the moment there is no way to play back these high-bitrate recordings.

That clip you tested also happens to be in 1080i 4:2:2, which was not supported until firmware 0.9.2163. It would explain your negative results on the earlier firmware. But that was an issue unrelated to the bandwidth problem at hand.

Getting back to the USB limit, I have some additional samples to demonstrate that the limit is indeed 30 Mbps. I also doubt that this is related to the 20 Mbps network transfer/streaming limit, since material all the way up to (and including) 30 Mbps does stream perfectly over USB.

The following two clips have constant video bitrates of 29 Mbps and 30 Mbps, respectively. They both play fine over USB on the AzBox Elite: MPEG2_1080i50_4-2-2_29Mbps.ts (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9VOMT1Q)
MPEG2_1080i50_4-2-0_30Mbps.ts (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZQ5TEZ5X)On the other hand, the following clip has a constant video bitrate of 42 Mbps and stutters badly on the AzBox Elite, just like the 38 Mbps sample I posted the other day: MPEG2_1080i50_4-2-0_42Mbps.ts (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GYQ5PZXQ)Note that I’ve provided clips in both MPEG-2 4:2:0 and MPEG-2 4:2:2, in order to show that the chroma format is no longer an issue. With the latest firmware the AzBox handles 1080i material fine regardless of whether it is 4:2:0 or 4:2:2. The real obstacle now is the bitrate, at least as far as playback on the AzBox Elite is concerned…

miruim
05-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Hello,

I test your video and here are the result:

Firmware: 0.9.2032 Not OK
Firmware: 0.9.2169 OK

I test it on 2 Azbox Premium with internal 1TB Samsung HDD.

Pr2

Firmware: 0.9.2169 ???:eek:

pr2
06-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Firmware: 0.9.2169 ???:eek:

Yes OK typo error correct is: 0.9.2163, but normally your first post should rather be your presentation and say hello to introduce a post is always welcome...

wildboys
07-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi Pr2,

Many thanks for taking the time to test that clip and reporting your findings. At least now we have confirmation that high-bitrate recordings work over SATA on the AzBox Premium. Over USB, however, the limit is indeed 30 Mbps as I reported earlier. So for AzBox Elite owners at the moment there is no way to play back these high-bitrate recordings.

That clip you tested also happens to be in 1080i 4:2:2, which was not supported until firmware 0.9.2163. It would explain your negative results on the earlier firmware. But that was an issue unrelated to the bandwidth problem at hand.

Getting back to the USB limit, I have some additional samples to demonstrate that the limit is indeed 30 Mbps. I also doubt that this is related to the 20 Mbps network transfer/streaming limit, since material all the way up to (and including) 30 Mbps does stream perfectly over USB.

The following two clips have constant video bitrates of 29 Mbps and 30 Mbps, respectively. They both play fine over USB on the AzBox Elite: MPEG2_1080i50_4-2-2_29Mbps.ts (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9VOMT1Q)
MPEG2_1080i50_4-2-0_30Mbps.ts (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZQ5TEZ5X)On the other hand, the following clip has a constant video bitrate of 42 Mbps and stutters badly on the AzBox Elite, just like the 38 Mbps sample I posted the other day: MPEG2_1080i50_4-2-0_42Mbps.ts (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GYQ5PZXQ)Note that I’ve provided clips in both MPEG-2 4:2:0 and MPEG-2 4:2:2, in order to show that the chroma format is no longer an issue. With the latest firmware the AzBox handles 1080i material fine regardless of whether it is 4:2:0 or 4:2:2. The real obstacle now is the bitrate, at least as far as playback on the AzBox Elite is concerned…

If you record a high bitrate feed the azbox premium will not
play the recorded file without video stutter.

ukpaisley
08-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Interesting, Just plug in my old usb 40Gb freecom drive (USB Powered), format using AZbox, tried SD recording, all ok, tuned to BBC HD, recorder, and play fine !, Will have to test with action movie or football to see what the frame rate is like, but sofar great !. using 2032.

Aragos
23-06-2009, 04:09 AM
If you record a high bitrate feed the azbox premium will not
play the recorded file without video stutter.

I think pr2 wrote it works with an internal hdd. Did you test it with an external hdd?

wildboys
23-06-2009, 06:13 AM
I think pr2 wrote it works with an internal hdd. Did you test it with an external hdd?I am using internal hardrive.

Aragos
23-06-2009, 06:49 AM
How about the linked test file with high bitrate.
Did you test it?

Threepwood
23-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Interesting, Just plug in my old usb 40Gb freecom drive (USB Powered), format using AZbox, tried SD recording, all ok, tuned to BBC HD, recorder, and play fine !BBC HD has a constant bitrate of 16 Mbps -- it doesn’t come close to the aforementioned ~30 Mbps bitrate where the AzBox begins to struggle.

Folks, if you want this issue with high-bitrate material fixed, please test the clips linked above and then email your detailed bug reports to infoATopensat.eu (replace AT with @).

I emailed OpenSat as soon as I noticed the problem. But if they’ve only received a single report, this issue is probably not going to rank very high on their list of things to fix.

jaskomo
13-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I have same problem, but I find this programm TS DOCTOR http://www.videohelp.com/tools/TS-Doctor. It takes just 5 minutes for 6 GB to repair some mistakes, and it keeps ac3 and HD :) Great