PDA

View Full Version : AZBox opinions?

mrbleu500
29-04-2009, 10:11 AM
The specification of the AZBox HD receivers looks mighty tempting as a long term option for me, but I'm concerned about the reports of buggy software, and less than wonderful support. What is the current concensus on the board about these units, worth investing in now, or wait for the development to settle down?

I already have a TM6900, Sony Freeview PVR and Networked Media Player, and I reckon that this box could combine the capabilities of all three, and I could sell my existing kit and buy the AZBox with the proceeds. I love the on screen interface, and the ability to play all my media files is hugely impressive. But is the box up to the task?

Thanks in advance guys :victory-045:

Dig Deep
29-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Well, not really - not today !

Work is going on, lots of things are on the move.

Think it will be sorted soon, lots of small problems but it is working.

I have an Elite and it is doing OK on all major things but some small nagging things need to be sorted.

It has the power to become The Decoder:respect-001: and I think it will be giving the developer a month or so.

mrbleu500
29-04-2009, 02:07 PM
As a side question, what is your opinion of the progress made by the developers since release? Have they delivered as promised, and on time?

ceyer
29-04-2009, 05:07 PM
At the moment it seems with every release we go 2 steps fourth
and 3 steps back.

Iīve had my box now for 4 days and it already starts getting on my nerves.

[reboots, recording not working properly, strange reception porblems-canīt
get any transponders from Digi TV on Thor, still very buggy when using
a CAM in the CI, internal card reader doesnīt work well with my TVVL card Seca........]

So if you want a box that will work right now Iīd advice you not to buy an Azbox.

Maybe in a couple of months these problems have all been fixed.

Until now not even a Beta release I think

mrbleu500
30-04-2009, 04:38 PM
So do you reckon this is going to be a DM killer, or a damp squib like the Octo918?