PDA

View Full Version : cloudy pic

chippy
03-05-2009, 10:04 AM
hi guys, could somebody tell me , what is causing a black smoky thin cloud coming down the screen and a lesser one going up the screen. it is only a cheapo tv so i am not to bothered just curious (hoping the missus will let me get a samsung if it is terminal. cheers chippy

mark1
03-05-2009, 10:16 AM
What type of TV is it...LCD,plasma or crt

chippy
03-05-2009, 11:57 AM
sorry mark1 it is an lcd (i think) cheersm8

batman1
03-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Hows it connected.

Is it aeriel, scart, s video, hdmi.

If its aeriel, the most likely cause is interference from other sources. e.g. Local TV transmitter, DECT phone, channel five.

If you are using a S*yHD box and using the second rf out to another tv then try changing the rf frequency in the installers menu, from 68 (standard setting) to another, say 22, then retune the second tv.

Lastly check all connections, try swapping out the leads one at a time to see if that resolves your issue.

Prontopro
03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Sounds like the backlight is going.

chippy
03-05-2009, 07:03 PM
thanks for all the replies guys. my tv is connected to my sky+ box via scart with my sat connected via another scart. i think perhaps i need a new tv. it is just like a ghostly black cloud hanging down which is visible all the time no matter what is connected.

mark1
03-05-2009, 07:45 PM
If its like a water type mark within the screen then I am afraid to say that it is your display screen itself that has gone and would req replacing.
Not a cheap repair to do and it is an fault I have seen with a lot of LCD tvs of all makes and price range..
Mark