PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 8000 and Diablo Light 2.3 cam

minek10
03-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Does anybody can confirm that Dreambox 8000 is compatible with Diablo Light 2.3 cam and latest underworld software?

passete
03-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Just tested right now with latest Nabilo, Diablo Wifi keeps rebooting !

Will try later with others images !

minek10
03-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi passete....Thank you for quick answer....I am thinking on buying new 8000 but is very important for me that Diablo is working with dm 8000. Please try this before inserting new cam: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=100828&highlight=Diablo+working+8000 . Please give me return information about your test results? Thank you for your time!

passete
03-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Tryed, But no sucess !

Image on Flash or Usb, Diablo wifi with 1 sim slot, keeps rebooting !

Tryed Diablo Wireless 2.2, cam is working and stable (but no exclusiv hacks with) !

Anyway, for me, i don't have the intention to use any cam on My Dm 8000, Gbox and Cccam work Just Fine.

If i find something new, i will post it here !

Good Luck

minek10
03-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Thank you very much passete....Many people reports that diablo is not working with dm 8000. If you have been tried with instructions on link https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showth...o+working+8000 then we can say that here is no compatibility between each other.

dubious
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi passete....Thank you for quick answer....I am thinking on buying new 8000 but is very important for me that Diablo is working with dm 8000.

What in particular do you want testing ? I have a Diablo 2.3 that I use purely for testing, I find it works quite well with my 8k especially when used in conjunction the the 'common interface assignment' plugin, obviously I haven't tested every single feature so if you can be more precice......

minek10
03-05-2009, 06:02 PM
I want only watch everything on dm 8000 what is possible to view with Diablo cam.
So...if I buy new 8000 and insert the diablo light 2.3 cam with the latest underworld UW 1.73, do I have possibility to watch all hacked programs with xclusive emus on diablo cam on the DM 8000?

Active XclusiVe E M Us
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
»Version 2.3 ONLY« Irdeto2: C+ NL - Astra 1 (19.2°E)
»Version 2.3 ONLY« Irdeto2: EURO1080 Eutelsat W3A (7°E)
»Version 2.3 ONLY« Con*x: MTV Unlimited - Astra 1M (19.2°E)
»Version 2.3 ONLY« Con*x: Da Vinci Learning (Smartcast) - Sirius 4 (4.8°E)

If this is not possible when I insert the diablo at first time into the dm 8000, do I need then to load some special plug-in in to the dm 8000 to keep diablo cam working in 8000? Many people reports that diablo cam keeps rebooting in to the 8000. Is this true or they just needed to install some special plug-in in to the 8000 to keep diablo working?

dubious
03-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Ok, it seems a waste of an 8000 just to use a Diablo with it, alot of cheaper boxes on the market. :)

All those things you list worked ok last time I tested, but it's about time I tested again so I'll report back in while :)

minek10
03-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Yes....I agree with you dubious it is a wasting of money for suchlike box but if you do not have a possibility to get CS and if you want use all 3 tuners inside the box with good operating system like is E2 than this is the one of the boxes which makes my dreams true.
Thank you for your time and for your feedback report.

Zipper
03-05-2009, 08:39 PM
I want only watch everything on dm 8000 what is possible to view with Diablo cam.
So...if I buy new 8000 and insert the diablo light 2.3 cam with the latest underworld UW 1.73, do I have possibility to watch all hacked programs with xclusive emus on diablo cam on the DM 8000?

Active XclusiVe E M Us
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
»Version 2.3 ONLY« Irdeto2: C+ NL - Astra 1 (19.2°E)
»Version 2.3 ONLY« Irdeto2: EURO1080 Eutelsat W3A (7°E)
»Version 2.3 ONLY« Con*x: MTV Unlimited - Astra 1M (19.2°E)
»Version 2.3 ONLY« Con*x: Da Vinci Learning (Smartcast) - Sirius 4 (4.8°E)

If this is not possible when I insert the diablo at first time into the dm 8000, do I need then to load some special plug-in in to the dm 8000 to keep diablo cam working in 8000? Many people reports that diablo cam keeps rebooting in to the 8000. Is this true or they just needed to install some special plug-in in to the 8000 to keep diablo working?

You will need a modified "Modules.conf" file to enable the use of diablo lite 2.3 in the DM8000, as far as i know this is still needed even with the newer and latest SW releases it can be found within the threads on the VIP DM8000 forum and so on or indeed ask in the very well known other support forum.:applause-003:

Regards.

dubious
03-05-2009, 10:37 PM
@minek10

Well, even with fine tuning of Diablo caids.xml and 8k common interface assignment I guess the best description of performance would be 'flaky'

Most channels from the packages currently available with Diablo all open and are stable while watching but regular zapping has an adverse effect either on the cam or the 8k itself causing the channels to stop decoding, this can be fixed by resetting the cam from the 8k menu with remote.

The moddified 'Modules.conf' mentioned by Zipper was really only needed in the early days for channels with a 30000 SR such as some of the HD channels on 1west, I did try it all the same but it made no difference at all. In any case the problem was fixed by one of the driver updates.

Could I live with this 'flakyness' ? tbh no I couldn't but then I'm used to the lightening quick and trouble free zapping from using my own cards and CS.

My own opinion is that basing ANY receiver purchase let alone an 8k purchase on the Diablo cam which may or may not continue to offer anything worthwhile is crazy :)

IMHO unles you already own a Diablo 2 or 3 G@mma cards offer far better value for money than the Diablo, They are working well opening packages such as C+NL/Euro1080, Bulsat and Nova. Digitv you can get with any Dreambox emu for as long as it lasts.

And yes if your requirement is multiple tuners then the 8k is the answer, I have 4 in mine and all work and switch perfectly.

Anyway good luck and do let us know of your final decision.

minek10
04-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Thank you dubious for your exhaustive answer! Such an answer I was looking for. Buying DM 8000 only for watching TV with Diablo cam or smart card is wasting the money.
My final decision is waiting on official release of QBOX HD. If the QBOX HD will not be available in this year then I will probably chose the IPBOX 9000.