PDA

View Full Version : tm 6900 super combo

mr.nbuk
04-05-2009, 07:55 PM
i have tm 6900 super combo, in terrestrial scan menu is option for anntenna 5v supply, is this for powering mast head amps?
as i connected to aerial with mast amp on and smoke came out of tm box .

mrbleu500
04-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Oooops...

Plessy
05-05-2009, 12:10 AM
O.M.G ! LOL !

Somebody's Did

"A Little Bit of knowledge Can be a Dangerous Thing".

Ahh Well ! it could be worse !

Could have burned the house down and ruined the Structural Foundation of the Neighbours house as well..... which could result in the Demolition of the entire neighbourhood........

Best leave what's unknown alone mr.nbuk....

All the best with your endeavours :-)

Giga
05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
no it was not for the mast head amps. It's use was for DVB-T antenna only, that would need this. (manual instructions of that antenna)
The mast head needed probably 12 V and did draw more Amperes what most likely caused the burn out of the 5 volt power suply. Or the mast head amps had already a 12 V powersuply and did short-circuit the 5 V one?

mr.nbuk
05-05-2009, 07:25 PM
I managed to source a visi*n mast amp which can run on 5v or 12v,
ps. Took out 12v supply b4 connecting to tm as it had passed on to the next world already. Luckily tm still works on satellite dish.

DARKMAN
05-05-2009, 11:43 PM
no it was not for the mast head amps. It's use was for DVB-T antenna only, that would need this. (manual instructions of that antenna)
The mast head needed probably 12 V and did draw more Amperes what most likely caused the burn out of the 5 volt power suply. Or the mast head amps had already a 12 V powersuply and did short-circuit the 5 V one?

There are antenas need 5 v and adaptor and power supply.
You need this one if Technomate dont work.