PDA

View Full Version : What is best sky hd+ box ?

we are borg
05-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi Guys

The wife has decided she wants sky :(

My local independent supplier can do it for £29.99 next week and says it is a pace box .

Any opinions on the pace sky+ hd box and any others recommended. :respect-053:

we are borg

dude66
05-05-2009, 10:34 AM
I have Sly+..It is great I must say..Recording, pausing and so on.. Go for it.
Dude66:respect-applause-00

satwyn
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
some say amstrad but I personally never used sky hd

carshalton
05-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Have thomson sky hd box.Quieter than previous pace sky plus sd box.

Aldo
05-05-2009, 06:40 PM
@ we are borg

Which package(s) are you getting M8.

we are borg
06-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Hi aldo

I am just getting the HD, and entertainment packages , no sport or films as i also have my hummy and motorised 1.1 mtr triax dish with a diablo.

total cost is £31 a month (aaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh hh I am giving money to Murdoch) sob sob.

I have seen a video on the latest sky +hd stb and claims to be the quietest on the market .

regards

we are borg

TheBadger
07-05-2009, 08:04 AM
:respect-048: I've got a Samsung HD box which I'm very pleased with but the hdd is a bit noisier than the one in my Pace + box.

Jim Dale
07-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Its starts of good dosen't it when you 1st get sky then after a while you start getting board with the re-runs plus advert after adverts then you start to wonder if its all been worth it all, i manage quite wll with out sky and i've saved me self a load of money by not having sky, sky is always putting up the subscription no matter what , the little woman wants the sky, most woman i know are only interested in itv/coranation street/emerdale farm, :king-041:

honestjohn
07-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Its starts of good dosen't it when you 1st get sky then after a while you start getting board with the re-runs plus advert after adverts

Best thing to do is to record programs such as "Lost" & "24" and then watch the recorded version. That way you can skip the ads. A typical Sly 1 hour long program can be condensed down to about 40 - 45 minutes without the ads.

Saves you time: Simples :king-041:

we are borg
07-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks for then info yet to make the call LOL

picks
07-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Just signed up to give ruppy some hard earned cash as well, i went for the basic package with hd box but used quidco which is tracking at £120 + £50 tesco voucher for being a new customer so think the deals not bad. got to say though it just does'nt feel right giving murdoch money but i'm only tied in for a year so i'll give it a go and in a year if i'm not happy i'll just keep it for satview channels.
I am looking forward to euro & fa cup finals in hd also wimbledon.

simon 2003
07-05-2009, 07:07 PM
ive had a thompson nearly 2 years now had a few crashes but touch wood been ok so far,mine is a bit noisier than my pace + box also,i guess they all have the potential to fook up so i guess you pays your money and takes your chances,,i too like honestjohn record most stuff then just add 5mins at each add break makes fringe,ross kemp gangs ect ect much more enjoyable

waverider
08-05-2009, 08:36 AM
If they stop ripping people off with there £10 pound surcharge for (HD) they might get more subscribers.

holmroad
08-05-2009, 08:47 AM
ive had a thompson nearly 2 years now had a few crashes but touch wood been ok so far,mine is a bit noisier than my pace + box also,i guess they all have the potential to fook up so i guess you pays your money and takes your chances,,i too like honestjohn record most stuff then just add 5mins at each add break makes fringe,ross kemp gangs ect ect much more enjoyable

Same here Simon - had basic Thomson Sly+ for over a year with very few probs, then upgraded to HD also with Thomson box a year ago and put my original box into spare room as Multiroom - and BOTH going pretty well, any probs (pixellation, freezing, recording failures) very few & far between!
So far I also believe the new HD EPG software is allowing forward/backward selection much better than previous versions, so Sly MUST have had software probs WHATEVER they may have said when denying it previously!
Must admit I'm surprised about the £29.99 price tag We are Borg suggested - as I thought £49.99 was the lowest current charge?:respect-050:

wod
09-05-2009, 03:53 PM
go for the pace box as they have said to have best picture quality.

i bought a hd receiver on **** and it was amstrad which i've not had any problems with.

RABBY
10-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Go for the [ Thomson box ] You might get the New EPG ;)

we are borg
10-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi Guys

The £29.99 was from an independent installer TVS at sunderland.

Ordered on thursday and being fitted on tuesday.

will let you know how I get on

we are borg

TUT
13-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Best Sky HD boxes are the Samsung then the Pace , just make sure that they are the latest production (April or May 2009)