PDA

View Full Version : Web browser any good?

bulmers
06-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Ive only browsed the internet with a pc and havent got an azbox yet. Just wondering , is the azbox web browser any good? Would I be able to browse satpimps just like I can with a pc? Do you move a pointer around the screen with the remote just as you would with a mouse?

all the best,
bulmers

Tiptronic
08-05-2009, 01:30 AM
It works, but it's pretty difficult to use. I think it needs some improvements (frames and boxes are messed up), before you can call it usable.

goran
08-05-2009, 01:51 AM
We need:

-a faster Sigma driver

-more plugins for various A-V formats

-usb wireless keyboard/mouse package plugin

Then, we have game with that part of the "programme", too... ;) :)

bulmers
09-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the replys.

Would anyone know if the developers are looking into implementing :

-a faster Sigma driver
-more plugins for various A-V formats

?????

Do you use the azbox remotes directional keys to direct a pointer when browsing?

slegs
09-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Yes, the directional pointers move from link to link on the page. it really needs USB Keyboard/Mouse to be added to make this useful

bulmers
09-05-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks,

It seems that its not quite there yet. But I do understand that this receiver is still in the early stages. I really hope that it continues to be supported and developed.

radioboy
09-05-2009, 09:37 AM
wonder if the usb port on the front or back can support a keyboard and mouse????

Or is that one that can be programed in..

I dont have one yet but has anyone plugged one in and tryed it???

Radioboy

pr2
09-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi,

There was already some kind of keyboard driver available on the net to support a keyboard on the Azbox but unfortunatelly it doesn't work.

But I am sure that this will happens in a future firmware.

Pr2