PDA

View Full Version : DM8000 up'n'running !!!

Chocolate
07-05-2009, 08:48 AM
I finally got the box to the state I wanted to have it,
thank you for your support.

I was very close to throw the box out of the window, nothing seemd to work, I did not know exactly what everything of software did (I still not know) but the offer on soft, skins, emus etc... for this system is so large, that you easily get confused.

I wanted to have basictly the same I had with my Humax5400 but with this new box because, and only because of the HD ability. Now I did not want to miss all the other things.

Understanding BA, loading the different images, setting up an antenna system with three fixed dishes and one motorized, with four lnb's connected to a diseqe 4-1 swith, and of course the wlan sets, I can tell you it was a nightmare and several sleepless nights. But someone in this forum said, Isn't this not all about it?

One of the biggest mistakes was to install BA on the HDD, if you do so, the HDD it will run continuosly, and then it will be very difficult to get rid off BA, so if you are new to this, the best is you get a CF-card right from the beginning.

My dishes are connected as follows:

DISH 1 FIX: LNB1 tonebrust AA, Diseqc 1.0.
DISH 2 FIX: LNB2 tonebrust AB, Diseqc 1.0.
DISH 3 FIX: LNB3 tonebrust BA, Diseqc 1.0.
DISH 4 Motorized HH120 Stab, LNB 4, tonebrust BB, Diseqc 1.2 and 48 satellite positions.

How to add new satellites wich are not listed in the standard set?
get DCC, FTP and in /etc/tuxbox/ right click on satellites.xlm and edit to your wish.

And one of my biggest mistakes was to look arround in other sites to get "better" code, you won't need to do it, all you need is here at pimps.

So far after more than 20 years setelliting, the BEST BOX I ever had.

Thank you again for your answers to my newby questions.

By the way, my fovourite images are, Gemini and BH 10

Cheers

sonic1
07-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Nice one Chocolate:respect-069:

The sleepless nights are not over :respect-057:

ian
07-05-2009, 08:58 AM
sonic is quite correct,your learning curve is just beginning.
when you buy a dreambox you have to be prepared to give pratically all of your free time to it,to get it doing everything it possibly can.

did you not know that DM stands for divorce material?ian.

sonic1
07-05-2009, 09:03 AM
did you not know that DM stands for divorce material?ian.

How very true, I am lucky I have not had an axe in my skull some days :respect-050:

oldfart
07-05-2009, 04:52 PM
It took me probably 2 months to get 'anywhere' with my DM - and a LOT of help from people here

Chocolate
08-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Thanks a lot again, without your support it would have never worked.

Now I'd like to CS, the point is, I do have two original subscription, and I would like to bring them to work with an other Dream Box which is on the internet, (not the local network)

After reading a few tutorials, and there are a lot arround, (also a lot of rubbish unfortunetly).
Where is a Guide for dummies or a step by step explanation where it is clearly explained which ccam to use, which files to be edited, with which lines, and and and.

What do you recommend?

Tjank you