PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic TX-P42X10B 42" HD Ready 100Hz Plasma

harrydocuk
07-05-2009, 10:02 AM
hi guys anyone got one of these's tv's if so what do you think.

keith mawer
07-05-2009, 10:27 AM
its very confusing harry ,, you know something i had a " which free mag " arrive yesterday mm they tested loads of tvs between lcd v plasma and lcd came out on top.
i read of people who buy panasonic then break down and also lg,,
there is 1 thing I AM SURE OF a 5 year guarantee that some shops do,

goran
07-05-2009, 02:37 PM
I have it [TH-42PZ80B] and it's great!

Also Pana Home Theatre and BluRay Player BD35. Marvellous!

Buy the new version with HD tuner built-in. EU version! It gives you many more options with languages, time zone etc. Better if you move, want to learn a language etc. The B version is crap, as it is tied to the "isles" and you can't do jack **** about it! The EU version is interchangeable, as it were, wherever you may be!

:respect-048:

TUT
11-05-2009, 10:14 PM
I have this Panasonic TX-P42X10 for 2 weeks now and it is a great TV and i am quite happy with it , Very good SD and HD , good with sport and fast action , highly recommended

manhatten
11-05-2009, 10:41 PM
I have the Panasonic TX-P42X10B 42" for two weeks now its connected to a humax foxsat hdr for freesat, This was my idea to keep the wife happy with her soaps she has just recorded 3 progs tonight, I must say that the quality and the colours are very good with this set up.

Purchased it from richer sounds and a 5 year guarantee.

man

iko
11-05-2009, 11:00 PM
PAnasonic Plasma ;) You never go wrong Very good choice ;)

harrydocuk
20-05-2009, 07:17 PM
thanks for all the info guys.

iko
20-05-2009, 10:38 PM
hi mate
quick info with the latest panasonic plasma tv's there is a color flickering problem...
please check that over avforums there are 49 pages full of complains...
I have panasonic plasma tv which is very early model with no hd,scart+tuner which was made in japan ...for sd tv I haven't met any better picture ;)
I also have hitachi wooo 35mm LCD full hd ,sd channels looks really really bad ...
so be carefull and good luck

Detlef
20-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Usually, plasmas use a load more power than LCDs.

The next generation of OLEDs should be even more efficient.

iko
21-05-2009, 01:35 AM
Hi mate
I wish I could show you the same Sd Tv picture on LCD and Plasma,
After that comparison I do believe you do not care about tiny difference on your electricity Bill at all ;)

joany
21-05-2009, 08:06 AM
I was looking for a new telly about a year ago and did loads of research. "hich online" have carried out many comparison tests and they ALWAYS put Panasonic first. When I went to buy a telly I actually bought a Samsung series 6 LCD which all the shops told me was the best. Shortly after "what hi fi" also put the Sammy first.

I don't know why but even after the what hifi report "which online" still said something like "the new Samsung series 6 lcd tv's are reported to be good but we will believe it when we see it"

So I wouldn't believe everything which say. I must say that my Samsung LE40a656a is amazing and I would recommend anyone take a look at these (or the series 7 which is now out and the ultraslim series 8)

The tv looks pretty too.

drahcirk
21-05-2009, 08:53 AM
off subject, but relevant, tescos have a 42" telly for£445.00, anyone know if its anygood?,.

holmroad
21-05-2009, 09:13 AM
off subject, but relevant, tescos have a 42" telly for£445.00, anyone know if its anygood?,.

Most of Tescos stuff is fine, in MY opinion, but this telly is I assume advertised as 'HD Ready' - but is it 1080i picture format or 720p as THATS the crucial spec!:respect-067:

keith mawer
21-05-2009, 10:51 AM
well said holmroad,, i have a mail order book and it shows a samsung,, when i just looked at the model number it WAS NOT 1080 HD

sparky_dog
21-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I was looking for a new telly about a year ago and did loads of research. "hich online" have carried out many comparison tests and they ALWAYS put Panasonic first. When I went to buy a telly I actually bought a Samsung series 6 LCD which all the shops told me was the best. Shortly after "what hi fi" also put the Sammy first.

I don't know why but even after the what hifi report "which online" still said something like "the new Samsung series 6 lcd tv's are reported to be good but we will believe it when we see it"

So I wouldn't believe everything which say. I must say that my Samsung LE40a656a is amazing and I would recommend anyone take a look at these (or the series 7 which is now out and the ultraslim series 8)

I agree. I have the same telly as you, and SD looks really very good indeed on it. Even the FIL who is an ardent plasma fan, and owns a Panasonic 1080P plasma, was thoroughly impressed by the picture. He has a thing in particular about contrast and blacks, but could not find fault with the Samsung.

Before dismissing LCD, I would say go and look for yourself. Some of the newest LCDs really are biting at the heels of plasma, and in some respects surpassing them.

iko
21-05-2009, 01:54 PM
@sparky
is that possible to post your color settings here for sd
contrast,hue,brightness etc.
thanx in advance

manhatten
23-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Regarding Tescos tv. There 5year guarrantees are more than twice as much as most other shops.

man

goran
29-05-2009, 02:06 AM
Usually, plasmas use a load more power than LCDs.

Good in Winter.... apparently... :D :D :D

Btw, it seems - from what I hear - that's an exaggeration... Any "independent test" links?

vamas
29-05-2009, 07:03 AM
I also have Samsug 40" 6 version...Brill....black is fantastic, full hd, 100mhz.
I run sat HD G. Interstar and Philips HD DVD/recorder and new Philips surround 600W - have never been happier like rest of family.
Peace at last or for the time being - haha

TonyO
29-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I bought a 42" panonsonic plasma this time last year, the HD channels on conax were good for a year but the panny has drawbacks.

In the year I've had it I've had to put up with the wrong geometry picture most of the times I use it, terrestrial tv is the worse offender with black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, auto distorts the picture and 14:9 looks about right but I then have black bars at the sides.

There should be a manual adjustment included in the set but there isnt, digitv on 1w is also a major offender, a lot of the channels broadcast in 21:9 and there is no adjustment that makes this fit the screen without magnification which makes the picture out of focus and grainy.

I paid out over £600 to get rid of black bars on the screen and I still have them with the panny !

goran
29-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I paid out over £600 to get rid of black bars on the screen and I still have them with the panny ! :117:YAYKS?!? WTF?!?:117:

Menu -> Picture overscan OFF or ON, m8 - if memory serves ON - and the black bars [top left corner at my end] are gone.:flowers-007: Some of my Sat TV channels did it, especially with DBox2.:beatdeadhorse5:

None such probs with my new AZbox HD sat TV [or Multimedia Centre stuff]...

Cheers!:respect-048: