PDA

View Full Version : Can Azbox HD upscale SD channel??

gadgeteer
08-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi,

I'm waiting my Azbox Elite(travelling thousand miles).... I'd like to know that it can upscale SD channel to 1080i or 1080p or not. If yes, how good is it?

Thx....

pr2
08-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi,

When you setup your Azbox you define the resolution of your screen 720p, 1080i, 1080p (576i for CRT).

Azbox will adapt the signal to your screen meaning upscalling or even downscaling when needed. So you can watch HD channel on a CRT screen since Azbox will downscale it.

About upscale quality I cannot tell you since I am still using my good old 16/9 Sony CRT, for the time being... :-) A friend of mine that has a Kathrein UFS-910 didn't see any difference between the Katthy and the Azbox upscaling, so I guess that the Azbox is not bad in upscaling...

Pr2

hanswurscht
09-05-2009, 02:58 AM
no upscaling of cource from TV. This dont work :) and cant if Im right on any Receiver.
If a HD Sender is sending in 576i you always have only 576i on Screen.
With Pictures this can be made, but dont work like it should

pr2
09-05-2009, 09:37 AM
no upscaling of cource from TV. This dont work :) and cant if Im right on any Receiver.
If a HD Sender is sending in 576i you always have only 576i on Screen.
With Pictures this can be made, but dont work like it should

Hello,

You are wrong the Azbox upscale the signal to fill in your image.
Let imagine that you are looking at a SD channel that for exemple transmit in 576i then if no upscale appears then your image will not take the full screen capability. (By the way an HD sended will send either in 720p or 1080i not in 576i otherwhise it is not HD).

576/1080 = 0,53, so you will have only 53% of your screen filled with image with no upscaling and it is not the case.

So yes SD channels are upscaled to fill in your screen at its best.

And has I say before, I can watch HD channels on my SCART CRT TV because Azbox downscale HD signal (720p) to 576i.

Pr2

grantec
09-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Upscaling works as well as other HD receivers. If not work, they would be on the LCD and plasma black bands (letter box). AZbox not included in upscalink denoise filter, but they do not apply to damage! More details as to display. Of course it depends on the current scene as a result felt.