PDA

View Full Version : HDD always active when CS ??

Chocolate
10-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Hi all,

before I activated CS, the HDD went in standby mode after the preset timeout, (usualy 10 min.).
But when I leave the DM8k in Standby mode and CS is activated, the HDD is permanently active.

Is there a way to avoid this? e.g. by putting the CCcam.cfg file in the CF, or similar?

Cheers

passete
10-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi,

install image (with all emus) on Usb or Cf !

Chocolate
10-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Passete,

thats the point, I have installed all the images and of course BA on the CF already, and the HDD stand still, but after CS the HDD is running and anoyes me.

What can it be?

passete
10-05-2009, 03:35 PM
This is quite strange !
I'm runing nabilo pure flash (on Flash), and nabilo BH V0.10 on a 16Gb usb.
Hdd 500Gb (setup to 5 minutes to standby), using Gbox and when i'm on standby, hdd is not runing.

Chocolate
10-05-2009, 04:04 PM
yes Passete, but are you CS-ing?

oldfart
10-05-2009, 04:18 PM
How do you know the HDD is running? I can't hear mine!!!

passete
10-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Yes, Chocolate !

Cs in internal (betwen my 4 linux receivers) and external with some mates !

Chocolate
10-05-2009, 06:38 PM
because of the tipicali noise of the step-motor of the heads, and of course the most important the temperature.

Have a look under BH10, BP- Info (Yellow) it shows HDD Temp = 55ºC.

I made several tests, and the outcome is, that when there is a file called Cccam.cfg in the .../etc/ directory, CS is on but then the HDD is also permanently ON.

Have I done something wrong at the time I installed BH10?
the way I did it was just to copy the Imagefile to CF and then in the BA menu, I set the pointer for installing images to CF/MB_Img.
Thats all I did, how can I force to instal the image on CF ?

Chocolate
10-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Could be a little bug in the NBH10 Image.

Once you went to the **** BP **** Info, where the HDD goes ON to bring the status on screen, the HDD Standby Time-Out seems not to work any more.
The time out works perfectly in all other cases.
Please check that, I made the latest check by setting the time out on Hdd stand by at 2 minutes.