PDA

View Full Version : Web interface flash hanging...

slime
19-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi,

Trying to install BH 0.10 onto USB but I note that it needs Pure Flash 2nd May in Flash. Trying to use the web if to flash at STOP DHCP, upload Pure Flash but progress bar gets stuck at 1.xx%. Tried three times and removed USB and now it gets further - but stuck now at 5.86%

I have latest SS BL 72r1 from here on it and did have BH 0.9 on USB using previous Pure Flash (30 March I think) in flash.

Any ideas?

Thanks

oldfart
20-05-2009, 10:16 AM
If your dreambox is connected to your network via a router, make sure the router has DHCP switched on; limit the DHCP range – I prefer to have my dreambox with a fixed IP address (no DHCP), you will also need a PC with a fixed IP address (on the same network).

Just go to your favourite website and type ‘secondstage’ in the search box.
Load ‘dreambox-secondstage_73-r0_dm8000.ipk’

To find the IP address of your dreambox – switch it on with your finger held on the down button on the front panel, the IP address will appear in the front panel.

Swap the dreambox’s LAN cable from the router to the PC.
On the PC – open a web browser (I use Firefox) and type the Dreambox’s IP address into the Location Bar.

I think you know the rest ...

HTH

canthackit
20-05-2009, 06:57 PM
@ oldfart

are saying there's a s/s #73 out?

and that it's for the 8000 and compatable for the 800?

regards: canthackit

slime
20-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Can only find a SS #73 for 8000 - doesn't appear to be #73 for 800 :(

Totally plucked
20-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Presumably you still have the previous Pureflash installed? Have you tried to reflash with the previous version? If you can, then I guess its not your network settings. Have you tried redownloading the latest pureflash or perhaps download it from an alternative site. See if that helps.

oldfart
20-05-2009, 09:03 PM
@ oldfart

are saying there's a s/s #73 out?

and that it's for the 8000 and compatable for the 800?

The 'guide' will still work for #72 - the important bit - use a pc with fixed IP, the router (I think) tries to re-assign IP address, hence the hanging.

slime
20-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi,

Thanks all.

I had a right mish mash I think! #70 was still on flash and #72r1 seemed to be in USB image???!!!

Anyway - I went to #72r1 (from here) on both using ipkg install /tmp/72-r1.ipkg (haven't got an NFI version!) but still the same.

I then changed my MTU setting on my router to 1458 from 1500 even though I reckon this should not make any difference as this is a WAN setting not a LAN setting - but still I swapped it, rebooted router and it got further (57% approx) but still hung! Now my 800 will not boot into flash or USB!

So, I used IE (gave up on FireFox) and flashed SS #70r0 (using an NFI I have). Tried again and it seems to have (finally) flashed to pureflash 2nd May.

I had a load of grief flashing using web if last time but #70 solved it last time - feels like I have a clone as it doesn't seem to like SS > #70!! But - yes I bought it from pimps sponsor!

Totally plucked
20-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Glad you got it working. For what its worth I dont think I have ever updated the BL on its own ........maybe I have I honestly cant remember but I certainly didnt when it came to updating the latest Pureflash. Oh well no matter eh?

I very much doubt that you have received a clone from Goldwafers (I asume thats who you got it from?) . I purchased my DM500 from Lee a couple of years back and would happily have got my DM800 from him if he had any when I was looking to buy. If Im not mistaken Goldwafers are a reseller and gets his stock from Mark at satst*re but dont hold me to that. I think your fine, dont worry.

oldfart
20-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Had loads of problems with my 8k when I first got it - I could only flash using a combination of serial & network.
Putting in the newer secondstage bootloader and using a PC and NOT a router fixed the problems.

slime
20-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Yep - I really do not think I have a clone as I bought it from Lee @ Goldwafers :)

Other people just seem to keep telling me that if you have probs with SS BL >70 then it *must* be a clone!!! AARARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!! It certainly doesn't look like a clone (based on images and descriptions I have read) and that is one reason why I bought it from Lee as I didn't want to risk getting a clone.

@Totally_plucked - no I haven't tried reflashing previous pure flash - like I say I did have similar grief last time and SS #70 solved it - but then I had only just bought the 800 and it came with a really old (maybe #57 or #54?) version. Good idea though - thanks. Yes I did try downloading pure flash 2May from 3 different sites (including pimps!) and no luck with any of them to start with.

Really not sure why my box doesn't want to flash using web if unless I seem to have SS BL #70 on it :(

Anyway - now got BH 0.10 on USB and pureflash 2nd May in flash -god knows what SS BL I have - worry about it next time I need to flash - but maybe I will have to give a cable and dream up a try and or the PC to DM800 without my router - so thanks to all for the valued help :)

loveman
21-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Personally, I use Oozoon lite in flash, as they always seem to put out a fairly recent image just before nabilosat ;) Maybe worth giving that image a go?

suky
27-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Yep - I really do not think I have a clone as I bought it from Lee @ Goldwafers :)

Anyway - now got BH 0.10 on USB and pureflash 2nd May in flash -god knows what SS BL I have - worry about it next time I need to flash - but maybe I will have to give a cable and dream up a try and or the PC to DM800 without my router - so thanks to all for the valued help :)

i have flash withpureflash 2nd May in flash (BH) the BA is going to HDD
and BH 0.10 on internal HDD DM800 working nice with internal HDD
How to transfer th BA to USB and image to USB?
i tray to use DCC to insert the image into USB no result
please your help is required?
thank you

suky

Totally plucked
27-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi Suky

Im not sure what the answer is although I had thought that pureflash asked you to confirm where to install Barry Allen but Im not sure as I dont have a Hard drive.

Id recommend you start as new post, Im sure someone will be able to help you.

oldfart
27-05-2009, 09:07 PM
i have flash withpureflash 2nd May in flash (BH) the BA is going to HDD
and BH 0.10 on internal HDD DM800 working nice with internal HDD
How to transfer th BA to USB and image to USB?
i tray to use DCC to insert the image into USB no result
please your help is required?
thank you

suky

See https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=109516
you can use USB instead of CF

canthackit
28-05-2009, 07:22 AM
@ suky

try this way, put either the latest Oozoon or boxman on the flash, disconnect the HDD, rename BA to something simple like.... (example: ba.4.8.14.ipk).

on DCC copy the BA file to /tmp open a telnet session type in:
cd /
ipkg install /tmp/ba.4.8.14.ipk
hit the return or whatever, and just let it find the usb and install.

hope this help.