PDA

View Full Version : h to h with dm800

davet
20-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi
what h to h motor would you recommend to use with a dm 800

the one I have at the moment I can make it work in setup menu and force it to move but thats not the why it should be with £350 worth of sat box so any of you guys that have it working please let me know what you use

Thanks davet

davet
20-05-2009, 05:44 PM
just like to add I have about a 35m run to the dish (witch has not been a problem before my dm800)

Thanks davet

Totally plucked
20-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi Davet

What motor do you have at the moment and what dish do you have on it?

A quick answer is is a Moteck SG2100A but if you tell us what you have we might be able to suggest something more suitable or even help you work out what is wrong with your current motor.

davet
21-05-2009, 06:59 AM
hi I have an manhattan h to h motor and a.1db lnb and 90cm dish
have tried other lnbs my guess is I need a low current motor / lnb

Thanks davet

Totally plucked
21-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Hi. im not sure what the Manhatten is like so im not going to say if its good or bad. Before you replace it though have you checked that you have the DM800 set up correctly. Mine works quite happily with USALS but I do sometimes have to give it a prod (like send it to another sat) easecially if I have been moving the dish manually. Have you tried the motor on a different receiver? If you have another PSU lying around you could try that also as a check to see if the Dreambox is getting enough juice which is a problem I had with my DM500 when I got it a few years ago. The dish didnt move properly and the box kept rebooting. I tried a new PSU and problem solved. Im not aware that the 800 has a problem with power but it might be worth a try if you have a spare PSU around. Just make sure its 12V.

For what its worth I have a my DM800 on a Moteck SG2100A with a Penta 85 and I have no problems.

davet
25-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the help mate
just set up a new motor and lnb all working fine now

davet

Totally plucked
25-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy your box, you wont be disappointed.