PDA

View Full Version : Makes it sense to activate a SWAP-File?

Chocolate
25-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Another newbie question from me to the DM8k-Experts...

a) would it make it sens to create a swap file on a usb stick?
The reason I ask, is because the info bar shows a RAM occupation of 96%, I haven't noticed a slow down of the system yet, but ....

b) where is the association of LNB and Satposition of the rotor stored?
I know in the satellite.xlm are the satellites and position listed and also the transponders to be scaned, but where is the assoc of the corresponding sat pos stored?

Thank you for the replies !!!

oldfart
25-05-2009, 04:27 PM
a) try it and see what the difference is - report back here for others!!! (I use HDD)
b) file = /etc/enigma2/settings

passete
25-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Another newbie question from me to the DM8k-Experts...

a) would it make it sens to create a swap file on a usb stick?
The reason I ask, is because the info bar shows a RAM occupation of 96%, I haven't noticed a slow down of the system yet, but ....

b) where is the association of LNB and Satposition of the rotor stored?
I know in the satellite.xlm are the satellites and position listed and also the transponders to be scaned, but where is the assoc of the corresponding sat pos stored?

Thank you for the replies !!!

Here what "DeepDiver" answer to the same question :
"The number of installed images will not affect your RAM. The installed images number will only affect the space available on your media, such as USB or CF.

97% full is normal. The operating system will "save" informations to the RAM, in case they are necessary again. If a new process needs memory, then the memory will be freed, as required."

The true is, i didn't notice any slowdown or system Problems.