View Full Version : new fw 0.9.2163 is out

chemstar
26-05-2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.azupd.com/0.9.2163/patch.bin

Release Notes

This release is the firmware for testing new drivers with following features:
- Scart RGB
- LATM audio codec
- 4.2.2 HD content (not fully supported)
- DTS

Added
- Support WPA2

Added
- Create Menu Network Services, Between Internet and Storage: possible active / desactive and configure: SMBD, SSHD, FTPD, TelnetD, interface

Fixed
- When receiver boot network IP is set correctly, but gateway and/or name server takes too much time.

Fixed
- At DVB Subtitles, you can see the subtitles but when you select the subtitles only show first languages of list (example: Digi TV 1¨¬W).

Fixed
- Activate ¡°move¡± channels on list, possible to move one channel or group of channels at same time

Fixed
- If receiver is plugged during several hours at HD channel Time shift and pause stops working
(Pause works but only for 2 seconds), only way to make box return to NORMAL is reboot.

Fixed
- At time shift options |<< & ****| button should seek the 10% position of buffer

Fixed
- When change password on parental control and lock, password is not changed at LOCK on channel list.

Fixed
- At Movie Player, add option to turn OFF subtitles or messages, if no subtitles or message come after 3 seconds. Basically need optimization of subtitles, still sometime appear at MKV the subtitles messages during several minutes without go out.

Fixed
- When picture resolution is higher than 2Mpix, AzBox wants to start optimization, but never finish.

Fixed
- In "FTP Manager" you cannot exit like all the other menus with the exit button, only with Home button.

Fixed
- When change root password keep changed password when reboot, very URGENT for safety reasons (THIS IS VERY CRITICAL AND VERY IMPORTANT).
After updating, root password will be removed.

Fixed
- Satellite Nilesat 101/102/Atlantic Bird 4 (7 ¡Æ W) is missing in the satellite list

Fixed
- Error executing the menu item "Delete All Channels. The lists "genre" and "countries" are not deleted. Only factory reset will restore the two lists.

Fixed
- Start search/browse subtitles in movie directory (especially useful when we watch from LAN and have long URL).

Fixed
- Backup RSS reader address, now after update everything is deleted

Fixed
- If You-tube is forbidden on router and then try to open You-tube on azbox , of course will not be possible to show video, however when you go for a TV channel, you get a surprise picture in windows have resolution of youtube ( 1/4 of full screen). You must restart box for NORMAL picture

DJBlu
26-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Hugo sent the release notes a few days ago and said there was trouble with HDMI.

Can someone confirm that hdmi is working.

Many thanks in advance.

oregon
26-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Just installed, and it is working fine with HDMI

DJBlu
26-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Just installed, and it is working fine with HDMI

Ding Dang do.

Will install when I get home.

iko
26-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi guys
Does IT worth to Upgrade or not ?
Looks like Nothing Excited again :(

slegs
26-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Surprised there is no DVB-T support considering the tuner cards are due out this week

AJR
26-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Looks like Nothing Excited again

Well the adding of RGB to the scart output and also the root password fix is a step in the right direction.

I hope that this is not the "Anga Cable Show 2009" release that medmed posted about

i have one big information :
in the "Anga Cable Show 2009" (26-29/05/2009) the big firmware is ok by the new drivers include
one big update is ok .
the new option is ok .
many problem is out .
this latest firm is ok but not public , 2 day and is ok .

iko
26-05-2009, 12:08 PM
well maybe you are right It must be excited for who uses Scart :)lead but HDMI works ok for me...

NINJA
26-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi Guys,
Here is a quote from the release notes of 2032,

" However we are rush to make receiver working more stable, recording and timeshift and PVR perfect working before finishing implementing DVB-S2 twin tuner."

Seems to me they are as good as their word! If you look at what has been fixed and added for this release.
Being a premium owner i am keen to see the progress too, but these things do take time.

oregon
26-05-2009, 12:26 PM
I spoke too soon in my previous post that HDMI was working fine - it is not working fine at all :(

I was switching between scart/rgb and HDMI and now HDMI does not display a picture at all. There must be a bug in this s/w.

Also if you select HDMI, the scart (rgb) option is disabled. What if you want to record to a DVD recorder through RGB but watch via HDMI? Which is what I and many others do with Sly HD. This is stupid.

I have gone back to 2032 firmware

iko
26-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanx a million for that info
Glad I didn't rush to load updaTE or should we call it as a downgrade LOL

NINJA
26-05-2009, 12:31 PM
To all.

It can be frustrating being a `beta tester'.

Ty and enjoy your hobby.

AJR
26-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Who the feck is responsible for testing these releases before we get them... ?

oregon
26-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Is anyone else getting a "cannot copy - content is protected" message on their external dvd recorders if they try and record anything from the azbox (using scart)? This also happens with the older fw.

Thanks

iko
26-05-2009, 12:39 PM

He is on Holiday :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielo l5:

DJBlu
26-05-2009, 01:00 PM

We are the testers.

OpenXCAS2 freezing the box. Will have to go back to 2032 to carry on the plugin development.

colla
26-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Has anyone testet if incubuscamd is still working with that version
because of the new drivers

robins69
26-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes is still working incubuscamd

DJBlu
26-05-2009, 01:10 PM

There is nothing wrong with OpenXCAS it is OpenXCAS2 thats the problem.

IncubusCamd works fine here.

aqa
26-05-2009, 01:31 PM
any 1 else having problems conecting with file zilla ? i cant .

DJBlu
26-05-2009, 01:43 PM

You might need to change your IP Address in settings as mine defaulted back to DCHP.

Also make sure you have FTP enabled in Network services in settings too.

AJR
26-05-2009, 01:51 PM
We are the testers.

Yes that goes without question, but surely to god the software developers would have the sense to at least try it on their boxes first.

Its almost as if they are compiling the software and dont have anything to test it on.

:beatdeadhorse5:

gotexit
26-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Good release and really nice changes..... for me was the addition of WPA 2 and the DTS.

manchodd
26-05-2009, 02:39 PM

i having the same problem.New fw change my root password and i can't connect ftp

Juka
26-05-2009, 02:50 PM
i having the same problem.New fw change my root password and i can't connect ftp

Hello

That´s the same here, and trough hdmi, no sound!
Downgrade on is way...

Regards

AJR
26-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Fixed
- When change root password keep changed password when reboot, very URGENT for safety reasons (THIS IS VERY CRITICAL AND VERY IMPORTANT).
After updating, root password will be removed.

Try using a blank password

DJBlu
26-05-2009, 02:51 PM

Enable the FTP Service in the Network Service part of the settings.

NINJA
26-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Hi manchodd,

Just to clarify, think the release notes say the password will be removed on install, so there should not be one at all. Have you tried leaving the password field blank?

dempsey
26-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Home 11 /settings/

Network service - FTP server - enable

Tiptronic
26-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Finally WPA2! Also good to have 'move' channels.

valerica
26-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Sound & picture OK on both HDMI (1080i) & scart at the same time .
No bug noticed till now .

Cheers ,
Val .

tinos
26-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Does this firmware really include new Sigma driver? people say image quality on SD is not improved, so not new filters to help improve low quality?

Also anybody can confirm that high bitrates are enabled now? Before it was limited to 20Mbps... could anybody test internal HDD or USB playback of high bitrate movies (mkv) that failed to play before? or maybe connect BlueRay USB drive to check if it does work?

tinos
26-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Sound & picture OK on both HDMI (1080i) & scart at the same time .
No bug noticed till now .

Cheers ,
Val .

Can you enable RGB on SCART? or only low quality composite video?

valerica
26-05-2009, 03:46 PM
No SD improve , no high bit rates improvement .

Cheers ,
Val .

gtg60
26-05-2009, 03:46 PM
or maybe connect BlueRay USB drive to check if it does work?

Well XBox 360 HD DVD still doesn't work...

valerica
26-05-2009, 03:47 PM
I tested composite ; it's OK , will test the rest ASAP .

tinos
26-05-2009, 03:50 PM
No SD improve , no high bit rates improvement .

Cheers ,
Val .

Then not sure if this firmware really comes with new Sigma driver... or at least not advertised driver! Back to CCC stuff all over again. Promised with newer driver will come better picture quality and high bitrates...

valerica
26-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Component option also fine . Scart option will give no HDMI signal , though .

Cheers ,
Val .

wildboys
26-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Does this firmware really include new Sigma driver? people say image quality on SD is not improved, so not new filters to help improve low quality?

Also anybody can confirm that high bitrates are enabled now? Before it was limited to 20Mbps... could anybody test internal HDD or USB playback of high bitrate movies (mkv) that failed to play before? or maybe connect BlueRay USB drive to check if it does work?The bitrate is still capped.It will not play high bitrate files.

valerica
26-05-2009, 03:59 PM
I tried to play a short 1 minute mvk file with 28 Mbps ; only reboot helped to bring the receiver back to work again .

Cheers ,
Val .

gtg60
26-05-2009, 04:03 PM
I tried to play a short 1 minute mvk file with 28 Mbps ; only reboot helped to bring the receiver back to work again .

Yes, agreed, finding Media player functions very buggy, had same problems as above and I can no longer 'trick' it into playing WMA's and HD DVD (VC1) files like I used to be able too.

iko
26-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Can we call this update as a waste of time?

hfmls
26-05-2009, 04:06 PM
relax :)
new drivers will come :)

tinos
26-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Component option also fine . Scart option will give no HDMI signal , though .

Cheers ,
Val .

So for SCART option you mean if you enable RGB on SCART? then HDMI goes off? So current option is to use CVBS (composite video) on SCART + HDMI?

Component video (YPbPr) is similar to HDMI... don't know if HDMI outputs RGB or YPbPr signal... maybe someone with TV info can show if signal is one or the other... with my TV I cannot tell.

oregon
26-05-2009, 04:12 PM
So for SCART option you mean if you enable RGB on SCART? then HDMI goes off? So current option is to use CVBS (composite video) on SCART + HDMI?

Component video (YPbPr) is similar to HDMI... don't know if HDMI outputs RGB or YPbPr signal... maybe someone with TV info can show if signal is one or the other... with my TV I cannot tell.

If you enable Scart then HDMI does not work. Doesn't matter if you use RGB or CVBS - Either way, if Scart is selected, then there is no HDMI signal at all.

Terrible

valerica
26-05-2009, 04:26 PM
True , if u select either component or composite there's signal on both scart & hdmi ; for scart selected , signal only on scart (no hdmi) , hmmm.

Cheers ,
Val .

valerica
26-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Move feature (presented as fixed) , doesn't work . Tested all to fav.

Cheers ,
Val .

Dork
26-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Yes, there are more than a few issues, it is true. And maybe the developers should have tested it with a smaller dedicated beta group. BUT please look what has changed too... Upscaling has improved a lot!!! SD picture is much better. Picture of some SD channels is better than on the DM800. HD picture has improved too. Bravo, now please with this drivers and driver settings back to a usable FW. Nevertheless, for me, the Driver test is a success!!

Dork

DJBlu
26-05-2009, 04:49 PM
How does the saying go?

"Damned if you do and damned if you don't"

Release too early and get shouted at.
Release too late and get shouted at.

Sorry but this is what happens when programming is rushed.

zipperolo
26-05-2009, 04:54 PM

HDMI outputs neither. The only thing component has in common with HDMI is that both can reach 1080 resolution, altough if I'm not mistaken only HDMI can operate at fullHD (1080p), while component's maximum resolution is 1080i.

But Component is an analog signal while HDMI uses DVI digital video signal as a video output, and depending on HDMI version outputs audio as well. That's why there are HDMI -> DVI adapters and vice-versa.

By the way, resolution settings are bugged in this FW. I have a component plasma TV, so I can't speak for HDMI, but in my case no matter the settings I choose, the box always seems to revert to low res NTSC. I don't know if 480i or 480p. Using the resolution button on the remote doesn't yeld better results.

tinos
26-05-2009, 04:55 PM
@Dork

Others claim that SD picture quality is the same... and HD picture is also improved?

iko
26-05-2009, 04:57 PM
So guys Could you please confirm
1-HDMI works or not?
2-Incubus
3-FTP
4-Any improvement on SD-HD picture
Does it worth to Upgrade or not?
Best regards
P.s Dm800 Picture Quality never been near to AzboX ;)

tinos
26-05-2009, 04:59 PM
HDMI outputs neither. The only thing component has in common with HDMI is that both can reach 1080 resolution, altough if I'm not mistaken only HDMI can operate at fullHD (1080p), while component's maximum resolution is 1080i.

But Component is an analog signal while HDMI uses DVI digital video signal as a video output, and depending on HDMI version outputs audio as well. That's why there are HDMI -> DVI adapters and vice-versa.

By the way, resolution settings are bugged in this FW. I have a component plasma TV, so I can't speak for HDMI, but in my case no matter the settings I choose, the box always seems to revert to low res NTSC. I don't know if 480i or 480p. Using the resolution button on the remote doesn't yeld better results.

Read about HDMI as it does use RGB or YPbPr output (you can choose on PS3 if you use the later better for BR/DVD movies). On AzBox is not an option so I cannot tell which one works.
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Color coding has nothing to do with analog versus digital stuff...

hfmls
26-05-2009, 05:04 PM
FTP WORKS
HDMI SOUND WORKS.

don't forget, download patch.bin
put in usb
backup files
factory settings
reboot, format application area
update
factory settings.

all good.

manchodd
26-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi manchodd,

Just to clarify, think the release notes say the password will be removed on install, so there should not be one at all. Have you tried leaving the password field blank?

Yes i tried and enable the FTP Service on the box,but i steel can't connect.

tinos
26-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Try using "passwd" to setup new password and set to anything... "azbox" like before if you want. Maybe your config needs a password to be set.

hanswurscht
26-05-2009, 05:13 PM
find only a few Bugs, not heavy:
Resolution sometimes changing(Pillarbox)and one Time Box complete rebootet.
I dont have Soundproblems.
Some Settings are gone after update, also Dynip and no static.
Picture RGB is a charme and very good,HDMI works,but a little bit too dark I mean.

Very good for a completly change of the Maindriver!

Welshman
26-05-2009, 06:15 PM
I am using SCART set to RGB and HDMI works ok for me... as for FTP I am using DCC v2.95 Username = root Password = azbox.

I had a problem before with SVT HD on Thor all other HD on this sat was ok, all HDD on Thor now ok. I am using the latest mgcamd connected to a DM600s using Gbox.

Regards, Welshman.

zipperolo
26-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Read about HDMI as it does use RGB or YPbPr output (you can choose on PS3 if you use the later better for BR/DVD movies). On AzBox is not an option so I cannot tell which one works.
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Color coding has nothing to do with analog versus digital stuff...

Of course, I know that. There's some ambiguity in the layman use of technical language: the therm component is used both to indicate a kind of analog output and the color coding scheme thereof, so I thought you were saying the HDMI connector would carry analog component or RGB signals, which doesn not.

If I had to guess which color coding scheme is encapsulated in the AZBox HDMI output, I'd bet on YCbCR. That would be the most efficient to use since it's the same they have on the analog component output.

That's also why, I think, they added RBG output on the scart connector just now. Before they were probably working in YCrCb internally.

gtg60
26-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Move feature (presented as fixed) , doesn't work . Tested all to fav.

Works fine for me, as does 'Add to Favorite', both welcome additions!

NINJA
26-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Yes i tried and enable the FTP Service on the box,but i steel can't connect.

My apologies if this is teaching to suck eggs, but just to confirm you have done the following,

Reset the IP schema on your AZbox.

Using filezilla connect to the AZbox using

ip address, your box as set
root.
blank password. or password you have changed it to
port 22.

If this fails restart your box so the new network settings can be rediscovered on the router.
If this fails check that you can see the box on the network by running a ping test to the AZbox, from a PC or laptop that is connected to your network.

nobbystyles
26-05-2009, 07:13 PM
I installed via the internet.

Now i can't connect to the internet

Can't connect via ethernet

can't update to a previous firmware via usb

and i can't do a factory reset as it asks for a numbers only password, and i have no idea what it is.

Any ideas?

hanswurscht
26-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Settings checked?
For me the Box comes up with no static IP and some Settings are set back to default(cause new Features I think)
Also you must enable FTP und SSH in Settings, default is off!
Next is, Box has NO Password, you must change with telnet and passwd

kurutsu
26-05-2009, 07:46 PM
USALS seems to be faulty. After setting your latitude and longitude correctly a reboot resets them to 0.0E and 0.0N

NINJA
26-05-2009, 07:50 PM
I think we have a little confusion about passwords.

The AZbox password has been set to blank as default. For ftp etc.

The 'factory reset' password on all releases so far was always 0000

Anyone care to confirm as i am no where near my box?

nobbystyles
26-05-2009, 08:25 PM
I think we have a little confusion about passwords.

The AZbox password has been set to blank as default. For ftp etc.

The 'factory reset' password on all releases so far was always 0000

Anyone care to confirm as i am no where near my box?

Yes correct.

NINJA
26-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Can't connect via ethernet

So Nobbystyles, have you managed to reset your box and get sftp working with filezilla or cuteftp.

configure box network settings
enable ftp - default is off?
restart box network connection?
ping test?

aqa
26-05-2009, 09:00 PM
after reading all i still have not managed to connect via ftp

NINJA
26-05-2009, 09:08 PM
after reading all i still have not managed to connect via ftp

Do you have a wireless or wired connection, more info required?

ceyar
26-05-2009, 09:27 PM
People having problems changing/login as root:

Try to change protocol to telnet instead of sshd, login as root and blank password. When you have changed the password by running 'passwd' then login with sshd with user root and newly changed password.

Best regards,
Ceyar.

NINJA
26-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Can i just ask someone to try communicating with AZbox via ftp through filezilla/cutftp on port 21 not 22 as this should eliminate the need for ssh.

Password settings would be as you have set or preferably blank!

Can anyone test?

All other settings need to be confirmed before this test is run.

Thanks, ahead of time.

aurmoga
26-05-2009, 09:51 PM
On my Azbox premium to have back Wifi conexion i set in Settings>Internet>to DNS2 (i put by remote 000000)and after Exit ,(Normal Conected) BINGO.
Regards.

radioboy
26-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Hi all,

Same this end. Am in on telnet reset the password.
Cant login with WinSCP...:banghead:

Anyone got any ideas how us who cant get in can get back in....
:beatdeadhorse5:

Thanks

Radioboy..

Connection failed.
ÿýÿýÿý!ÿûÿû
TD210 login: USER root
when i try to connect on port 23. have tryed port 21 and 22 but nothing

Robertus78
26-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm just logging in with Winscp with the settings:

User name : root
Password : <blank>
File Protocol : FTP
Port : 21

and with Putty;

Connection type : Telnet
Port : 23
login : root

(no passw asked)

nobbystyles
26-05-2009, 10:48 PM
So Nobbystyles, have you managed to reset your box and get sftp working with filezilla or cuteftp.

configure box network settings
enable ftp - default is off?
restart box network connection?
ping test?

I changed my usb drive and was able to downgrade to an earlier firmware.

The latest firmware is totally different to the one i was using(it's about 2-3 months old :ack2:), there is a whole new section with ftp settings ect.

I'll have another go tomorrow.

radioboy
26-05-2009, 11:01 PM
OK.......

Have just re-downloaded 2032 by the fiemware upgrade list and it works again....:woohoo-022:

Dam strange. Seems like a protocal is missing or something.:respect-014:

Ill re flash again with the new one and see if it works or kills it again..

Radio

hfmls
26-05-2009, 11:09 PM
ftp, telnet and sftp all god at first try here.

update via azbox hd, settings update via internet, all good

iko
26-05-2009, 11:12 PM
I think It's better to wait for next update cos Nothing good so far :(

radioboy
26-05-2009, 11:15 PM
:respect-046:

Balls......Just found that network settings tab in the settings menu and yes your correct. FTP etc had disabled itself. Switching back on fixed the problem...

Radio:respect-046:

Juka
26-05-2009, 11:18 PM
The same problem with subtitles... If you choose Portugues_P, the subtitles appear in chinese... :confused:

Regards

radioboy
26-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Can anyone tell me if the SCD plugin is working as crashes the box this end....No writing comes up on my screen saying updating...

Thanks

Radio

chemstar
26-05-2009, 11:34 PM
nano-X is broken in this fw-version. it is not possible to start scd. i hope opensat will fix it soon.

will make another one without nano-x.

radioboy
26-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Great. Thanks mate...thought it was my end but had it working the other day....:respect-046:

Nice plugin keep up the good work:champion-018::respect-067:

Thanks

Radioboy

slegs
26-05-2009, 11:48 PM
USALS seems to be faulty. After setting your latitude and longitude correctly a reboot resets them to 0.0E and 0.0N

Yes noticed this too. You have to reset the coordinates.

Covack
27-05-2009, 03:11 AM
DVBS2 4:2:2 Hd content is playing well with this new FW
thanks for the new release

NINJA
27-05-2009, 08:56 AM
I do believe that this release is now being seen for what it is an update,
which may i add does need a little more explanation in the release notes with regards the new communications settings etc.

Although things are explained to a certain extent maybe more attention to the release notes would prevent misunderstanding and negative feedback! I know the guys are busy but release notes are an excellant historical reference and guide to the user/beta test community. As with the previous release they are a good communication tool between user and developer.

A brief summing up so far!!

To communicate with the box via any means,

after the update go to settings and check the IP,
go to the new tab and enable FTP SSHD.
The new firmware will blank your box password so reset to what you want via FTP.
Don't forget the 'factory reset' password will be the same = 0000
ftp = port 21 sshd = port 22 telnet = port 23

If you have done the above you should be able to now communicate with the box, upload and download settings etc.

Remember if using SCART socket then for this release HDMI may not work at the same time!

Considrations for setting up the 'satellite antenna' , this release will reset your USALS to '0'. So either upload or manually reset these settings to get USALS working correctly.

Plugin consideration; Chemstar is in the process of fixing the 'softcam updater' as there is a problem with this release and the plugin,

Thankyou CHEMSTAR.

I am sure there are some smaller problems but these are the things that would stop people in there tracks!!
Try to bear in mind we are still beta and bought the box on that understanding.

Sorry for rambling on, but i hope it helps.

hanswurscht
27-05-2009, 09:01 AM
I do believe that this release is now being seen for what it is an update,
which may i add does need a little more explanation in the release notes with regards the new communications settings etc.

Although things are explained to a certain extent maybe more attention to the release notes would prevent misunderstanding and negative feedback! I know the guys are busy but release notes are an excellant historical reference and guide to the user/beta test community. As with the previous release they are a good communication tool between user and developer.

A brief summing up so far!!

To communicate with the box via any means,

after the update go to settings and check the IP,
go to the new tab and enable FTP SSHD.
The new firmware will blank your box password so reset to what you want via FTP.
Don't forget the 'factory reset' password will be the same = 0000
ftp = port 21 sshd = port 22 telnet = port 23

If you have done the above you should be able to now communicate with the box, upload and download settings etc.

Remember if using SCART socket then for this release HDMI may not work at the same time!

Considrations for setting up the 'satellite antenna' , this release will reset your USALS to '0'. So either upload or manually reset these settings to get USALS working correctly.

Plugin consideration; Chemstar is in the process of fixing the 'softcam updater' as there is a problem with this release and the plugin,

Thankyou CHEMSTAR.

I am sure there are some smaller problems but these are the things that would stop people in there tracks!!
Try to bear in mind we are still beta and bought the box on that understanding.

Sorry for rambling on, but i hope it helps.

Next to look for is your IP Settings,Sound an Resolution, if you have bad Luck, this Things are also complete changed to default after Update.

So better after every Update looking for all Settings on Box.

And yes, the Release Notes must be much more better, not only some Words which most dont understand.

NINJA
27-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Great shout Hanswurscht,

I am wondering if the default settings are actually intentional by the developers or a problem with upgradng, as in previous releases some people reported their box going back to defaults and some reported not losing their settings at all.

I know that i hadn't lost settings previous to this release,
just a guess but maybe a memory allocation problem. Wthout further investigation that is a guess!!

gtg60
27-05-2009, 10:23 AM
I do find this firmware quite buggy but as it's not my main box I will continue to use it as there seems to be a lot of subtle changes other than those listed.

I really like the way you have a dropdown menu for resolution now which reverts back to the original setting if you don't accept it.

I also like the way photo optimisation is fixed, although (quite amusingly) it would appear than the controls for moving the pictures around the screen are reversed!

aqa
27-05-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm just logging in with Winscp with the settings:

User name : root
Password : <blank>
File Protocol : FTP
Port : 21

and with Putty;

Connection type : Telnet
Port : 23
login : root

(no passw asked)
thanks . this has worked for me

hanswurscht
27-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Great shout Hanswurscht,

I am wondering if the default settings are actually intentional by the developers or a problem with upgradng, as in previous releases some people reported their box going back to defaults and some reported not losing their settings at all.

I know that i hadn't lost settings previous to this release,
just a guess but maybe a memory allocation problem. Wthout further investigation that is a guess!!

Oh, sorry, missunderstood.
I mean not the Settings for Provider like allchannel.dat and so on, I mean real Settings like Internet,Sound,Network and the Rest.
They have changed some Menues,therefor I think some Settings are back to default.
IP Settings was DHCP by me, but never used,always static, but they have fixed a Bug in Gateway and set the Dyndns to another Menue, so maybe thats why it changed to default.

I have no Problems with Provider and SAT Settings, all Cahnnels still there and working fine

iko
27-05-2009, 12:24 PM
so we should do Internet setup,scart and hdmi not works at the sametime but hdmi works good with no scart connected...
how about usals and motor setup?
also incubuscamd performance?
is there any hdmi resolution problem?
do you feel any improvement with this update?
sorry for too many questions
thanx in advance

NINJA
27-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Oh, sorry, missunderstood.
I mean not the Settings for Provider like allchannel.dat and so on, I mean real Settings like Internet,Sound,Network and the Rest.
They have changed some Menues,therefor I think some Settings are back to default.
IP Settings was DHCP by me, but never used,always static, but they have fixed a Bug in Gateway and set the Dyndns to another Menue, so maybe thats why it changed to default.

I have no Problems with Provider and SAT Settings, all Cahnnels still there and working fine

That sounds logical,

the settings only default during upgrade if a change has been made to the file structure/menu or task/executable

This brings me back to info in 'release notes'

hanswurscht
27-05-2009, 12:30 PM
That sounds logical,

the settings only default during upgrade if a change has been made to the file structure/menu or task/executable

This brings me back to info in 'release notes'

This Release Notes must be clearer next Time!
I can spend some Letter for to write more about Changes :)

Also Im sure, most dont understand, what is written in Release Notes.

zipperolo
27-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Personally I reverted back to 2032.
Besides it was impossible to set a resolution other than NTSC / 480p on the component output, no matter if you used the resolution button or the audio / video settings. It also had playback problems with some MKVs that worked perfectly with previous FW. At one point they would start playback in a jerky way and without audio.

This bug was already present in 1868, althought it would happen with different files, and then was gone in 2032 and now is back in the last release.
Immediately after reinstalling 2032 I tried the "problematic" MKV, just to make sure the file wasn't corrupt on the HD, and it played back flawlessly. Just as a note it was a crappy low res music video, so the problem wasn't bitrate-related.

Since I use the AZBox as a multimedia player at least as much as I use it as a sat receiver, I didn't like the last FW at all and that's why I decided to go back waiting for a better release.

kebien
27-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I guess you didn;t try hard enough
I can change resolution on component output normally,but only up to 1808i.

Also,component output works at the same time as HDMI,and probably composite too,but i didn;t need to test that myself (for those that want to record in dvd recorder)

zipperolo
27-05-2009, 02:29 PM
It looks like it changes resolution but it doesn't. It reverts back to NTSC/ 480 p no matter if you choose yes or no when you get asked to keep the new settings.

The menu lists the new resolution as the current one, but the actual output doesn't match what the menu says.

Same when you switch from NTSC to PAL. It says "PAL" afterwards but it's actually gone back to NTCS after having been in PAL mode for a second or two.

Same if you use the resolution button. The label updates to what the resolution should be but the output mode is actually unchanged.

noviserbia
27-05-2009, 04:01 PM
I LIKE THIS NEW VERSION CAUSE IT HAS 4;2;2 FEEDS and DTS 5.1 sound, no big problem with the settings cause even they changed it was easy to set them back......only recording HDef channels with incubus stops after 10 seconds.....its getting better with every firmware release......thanks AZbox team and all the testers who put the hard work into it.....
cheers

iko
28-05-2009, 01:59 AM
Hi Guys
Small WARNING about this update !!!
If you are using HDMI Connection Do NOT update your box because you will no more sellect Resolution...
I normally use 1080p but with this update it stuck at very Lower and No way to Change it
For your information
Good Luck

Tarzan
28-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Hi Guys
Small WARNING about this update !!!
If you are using HDMI Connection Do NOT update your box because you will no more sellect Resolution...
I normally use 1080p but with this update it stuck at very Lower and No way to Change it
For your information
Good Luck

Not really... It gets stuck if you try to change the resolution from 1080p to something lower...

But then you cannot change it back using the resolution button on the remote and will have to go back into settings to change it back to 1080p...

I know it's a bug but then the statement above of not being able to change it anymore is misleading...

satwyn
28-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Hello

That´s the same here, and trough hdmi, no sound!
Downgrade on is way...

Regardsyes same here no sound on hdmi hitachi lcd but works ok on sony lcd strange

Tarzan
28-05-2009, 08:32 AM
yes same here no sound on hdmi hitachi lcd but works ok on sony lcd strange

There seems to be a problem with SONY LCD TV's when using devices over HDMI... Sometimes there is no sound and sometimes the picture goes blank randomly

gtg60
28-05-2009, 08:36 AM
There seems to be a problem with the HDMI transport in general, if I change the resolution it gets stuck and the picture stays on the screen even when the unit is switched to standby!
I have a Philips LCD and every now and then I loose the sound through the HDMI, seems like both problems are only resolved by switching the box off and on again.

DJBlu
28-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Keep up the good work OpenSAT.

True to their word. Things that have been promised are coming true.

Hopefully the Freesat and Sky EPG will be included in future firmware.

gtg60
28-05-2009, 11:41 AM
True to their word. Things that have been promised are coming true.

And fairly frequently too, that's always a good sign!

iko
28-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Not really... It gets stuck if you try to change the resolution from 1080p to something lower...

But then you cannot change it back using the resolution button on the remote and will have to go back into settings to change it back to 1080p...

I know it's a bug but then the statement above of not being able to change it anymore is misleading...

Not sure misleading or not but box works on 720p only, thats all !
downgraded and back to normal good working order now...
P.s do we need to use format option before every fw update?
cheers

goran
30-05-2009, 10:27 PM
FInally, after a long break, I had a chance of testing the new FW... Well, I tried and... I failed, as have many before me...:puke:

I am using HDMI normally... But with this "update" - everything goes "back"...:eek:

I.e. it's ****e, for us with HDMI...:9898: As warned - stay away from it!

I had to go back to the previous FW.... Says it all...

Will try the rest of the updates now...:respect-051:

If I can, that is... :rolleyes:

Cheers!

iko
30-05-2009, 10:31 PM
thanx for the confirmation Goran
I was thinking that hdmi problem happened to me only
I can't wait for next good working update with new driver :D

goran
30-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I will not bull**** anyone - I will tell it as it is, whatever it is!!! ;)

I am still struggling to make it work now...

Old FW and so on... Not easy... :(

iko
30-05-2009, 10:39 PM
@Goran
I did download the 2032 from box Internet update option and has done it itself
good luck buddy

radioboy
30-05-2009, 10:58 PM
I jump backwards and forwards on firmwares with no problems with the internet option on the settings page. Just like you should be able to do if they are writen correctly....:respect-055:

Radioboy

goran
30-05-2009, 10:58 PM
****e, this is awful - now, I can't get it to work with HDMI... Oh, foock... :(

radioboy
30-05-2009, 11:06 PM
After a bit of testing I fround the only way to tweek it is through the scart settings or on the rf output to get it to the settings to see the picture on the new firmware then rool back to the earlyier one.

If i change res some times i get green lines etc and have to reboot and that clears it....

Only problem is after doing that i have to enter Long and latitude as it deletes the settings with the latest version of firmware...

This was a major release update and i am not supprised there were a lot of problems which have showed up. I think the next release may be quite an improvement..

Rad

goran
30-05-2009, 11:16 PM
The thing is: once I set it up via the scart - it won't do anything via the HDMI...

No matter what I do... unplugging everything or not...

It's complete ****e. No amount of Formatting the application area or resetting to factory defaults etc. works...

Crazy!:confused:

goran
30-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Aha! I had to reboot my Home Theatre, too...

Then it got re-rerouted through it...

Phew, I was close to losing it...

Anyway, back to the hobby...

Cheerio!:respect-051:

iko
31-05-2009, 12:33 AM
thats normal Scart+HDMI not works at the same time with the LAtest FW one or the other :)

goran
31-05-2009, 12:43 AM
No, I was installing [or trying to install] the previous one...

radioboy
31-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Glad you got it going and are back with us....

Lets hope there is a new firmware in the next few days to fix these problems...:woohoo-022:

Radioboy

hanswurscht
31-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Problems are only the Settings, not HDMI , not Cable.
Ok, two Cables at the same Time are a real Prob.

In settings there is going all wrong, 1080i is 576i, 16:9 is 4:3,Pal is NTSC and so on.
If you play with this settings, you will get Sound and HDMI working again.
there are big Bugs with this Settings and the new Driver.
Also if you have a Provider with amount for more then one Soundoption, its always englsih, equal what you set in settings.
you must change by Hand to your favorite Sound
Also AC3 seems to be a big Problem in settings, there is going something wrong.

If you cahnge your resolution, some of the Settings are changing, too, and maybe you dont have Sound or no Picture with HDMI, because Settings are now complete wrong again.