View Full Version : Need a quick advice

luis
29-05-2009, 11:39 AM
I´m buying a new TV.
There are two Sony models the dealer can order:

KDL37W5500K and
KDL37V5500K (V instead of W)

Both are 37"LCD.
Both are FULL HD, MPEG-4, with both DVD-T and DVD-C built in.
The only difference: the first one is 100 Hz, the second is not.
The first one costs 1200 Euro and the second 1000 Euro.

So, is the 100 Hz one worth 200 more Euros? Is the picture so much better?

The dealer is going to order either one or the other. The decision has to be made fast, so I need your opinion guys. Thank you.

veron57
30-05-2009, 11:39 AM
I have a samsung 100hz lcd tv, and the quality is great. It cost a little more than another samsung without the 100hz.

If I were you I would search for some reviews to see what people say about them. I have found some useful information previously when researching products especially on sites like amazon. The customer reviews are usually quite helpful as they are from 'normal people' who have bought the products and want to give their feedback.

My mate often comes over and says my TV is better quality than his... but then again he has a cheap make tv.

If you would really miss that 200euros extra then probably go with the normal TV, it should still be a quality unit. If you can spare an extra 200 euros then go for the 100hz :D

luis
30-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Thank you for your comments veron. If I can spare 1000 Euro to buy a TV (to say nothing about spending another 1000 Euro on DM8000), I can probably spare another 200 Euro to buy a 100 Hz one. The main question is if it is worth.
If one buys the more expensive TV he´ll eventually forget about the price but will be happy with a better TV. Buying a cheaper one he will eventually probably be sorry never forgetting the mistake. At least, that´s the way I´m reasoning.