PDA

View Full Version : More Stupid Questions

TopHouse
30-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Seems like there aren't many 6900 users on today as my posts seem to be dominating, either that or I have no life lol

Anyway, the following questions:-

Am I to assume that because there is a fairly recent 'official' 6900 patch, that soon there will be a new 'unnofficial' one?

Being new to this box, a couple of things i need to know and can't find the answers to

Can updated keys be put into the patched version like we used to do ages ago by using the remote?

I've seen reference to updating key bin files by USB but can't find how, and which key bin files? Will the softcam key that i download within the diablo zip files work?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Giga
30-05-2009, 06:01 PM
yes, I think a new patch will be released sometime.
Watch this space:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92418 all in due time, when it is ready?
no key bin over usb. Be carefull what your doing, you could end up with a dead stb.
you can do it by by remote, but if you have a usb key why making it difficult.
on s c r a m b l e d c h a n n e l press these in this sequence [m u t e] [e x i t]
You can read and edit the *.k e y with notepad (ascii file). What you read and find out is more fun. If you not shure what your doing, ask.

holmroad
31-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Seems like there aren't many 6900 users on today as my posts seem to be dominating, either that or I have no life lol

Anyway, the following questions:-

Am I to assume that because there is a fairly recent 'official' 6900 patch, that soon there will be a new 'unnofficial' one?

Being new to this box, a couple of things i need to know and can't find the answers to

Can updated keys be put into the patched version like we used to do ages ago by using the remote?

I've seen reference to updating key bin files by USB but can't find how, and which key bin files? Will the softcam key that i download within the diablo zip files work?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Yes mate you CAN input keys using remote into patched TM6000 series stbs - but cant answer for Diablo as havent got one - dont really believe I currently even NEED one!
Maybe you should ask that in the Diablo section M8?:respect-040:

madsod
31-05-2009, 04:27 PM
best to use the t/mate softcam . but as said can do it with handset , just look in the t/mate section for the sofcam same for all so the one for the 1000 will work , if it not hear and im sure it is just look on the dark fourm im sure you will know that one , if not its a*sat

TopHouse
31-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Found the easiest way, tm softcam onto USB stick and uploaded, patch now decrypting nicely :)

holmroad
01-06-2009, 09:55 AM
best to use the t/mate softcam . but as said can do it with handset , just look in the t/mate section for the sofcam same for all so the one for the 1000 will work , if it not hear and im sure it is just look on the dark fourm im sure you will know that one , if not its a*sat

Is there any 'preferred' line in TM stb CAS Menu into which to enter DigiTv latest keys M8?:respect-051:

TopHouse
01-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Is there any 'preferred' line in TM stb CAS Menu into which to enter DigiTv latest keys M8?:respect-051:

Why do that when you can just upload a softcam key using USB stick?

Giga
01-06-2009, 05:50 PM

yes for TM:
00 first 1/2 into line 10, last 1/2 into line 11

10 first 1/2 into line 20, last 1/2 into line 21

holmroad
01-06-2009, 07:13 PM
yes for TM:
00 first 1/2 into line 10, last 1/2 into line 11

10 first 1/2 into line 20, last 1/2 into line 21

Thanx mate - I would NEVER 'normally' enter keys, always normally using either the softcam or the AU route - WHEN its working - but you DO need to know - just in case - thats why I asked!:respect-050: