PDA

View Full Version : whats the correct way to install CCam ?

ukpaisley
31-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Just woundering how to get this important bit of software in my AZbox. I use FlashFXP most of the time to FTP.

I have already mage my config file ? where do I ftp to and is there anything else I need ****

:o11:

goran
31-05-2009, 05:05 PM
The same as Mbox or any of those... See my "How to...", as a part of the "How to flash your AZbox HD" or words to that effect in the Stickies [there for a reason!]...

1) Unpack the compressed CCcamCAS for AZbox HD onto your PC [use 7Zip, which is freeware!]

2) You'll see CCcamCAS folder + an additional module.seq file

2a) Edit the module.seq file so it contains the exact names of EMUs/CS SW you have in your machine; delete those you do not have and add those you do have; make sure you leave CCcamCAS without # in front of it , which means it will be active, while all the other EMU's will have # in front of them = inactive

3) FTP into your AZbox HD [or so - using a proggy like FileZilla, which is freeware] and open EMU -> OpenXCAS in your AZbox HD

4) Drag and drop the whole CCcamCAS folder, from PC to AZbox HD OpenXCAS folder

5) Give rights or "CHMOD" to 755 the whole CCcamCAS folder, then also the cccam_module itself, inside the CCcam folder

6) Edit, save and then put into CCcamCAS folder the CCcam.cfg file, in order to add the server details like so:

#C: ccserver.dyndns.org 12345 username pass
C: YourM8's.dyndns.something port YourUsername YourPass# in front of a line means it's not active - in this case it's just an example-line, hence # in front of it... Leave it as is.

7) Reboot using your remote controller's Power buton for 5 seconds or so

8) Restart CCcam via the OK button on your remote [thanx to HW!]

CCcamCAS for AZbox HD is still in Beta stages of development and can only hook onto 1 CCcam server for now but more is coming. It is not fully working yet - some providers might not work, even though they are working with your Incubus, for instance!

Hang in there and don't forget: it's Beta stages for another 2 months or so, we are told! So, not perfect!!! Don' lose your nerve!

;):cheers2:

happyhammer
31-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Just woundering how to get this important bit of software in my AZbox. I use FlashFXP most of the time to FTP.

I have already mage my config file ? where do I ftp to and is there anything else I need ****

:o11:

your better off using incubus for now, especially if you using a very common UK provider !

just use cccam, which is really only at an "alpha" stage, to test it a bit.

ukpaisley
31-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Many thanx, was reading the stickies, just woundered as most new users of the Azbox will be comming from the DB or as i like to call it the Dark side !, a good tutorial doe newbies is always a good thing to get this box off the ground !

iko
31-05-2009, 06:22 PM
incubus for SLY dude don't waste your time ;)

happyhammer
01-06-2009, 11:20 AM
incubus for SLY dude don't waste your time ;)

works great for me. can watch for hours. channel hopping fast will cause it to hang, but just restarting it and yer off again. i dont record, so don't know if thats your issue.

iko
02-06-2009, 11:50 PM
really Thanx for letting me know I'm going to double Check ;)
Cheers

iko
02-06-2009, 11:54 PM
works great for me. can watch for hours. channel hopping fast will cause it to hang, but just restarting it and yer off again. i dont record, so don't know if thats your issue.

is cccam works for you? on SLy Uk ?
incubuscamd works good for me but cccam not clears the sly :(

happyhammer
03-06-2009, 08:27 AM
is cccam works for you? on SLy Uk ?
incubuscamd works good for me but cccam not clears the sly :(

No, cccam on AZbox does not work on SLy UK. Thats been clearly stated before. I only tested CCcam, on known working, SLy IT and Premiere, not watchable, but just to see if its going in the right direction. For watching , i use incubus as my server is at 2.0.11

Tarzan
03-06-2009, 10:29 AM
No, cccam on AZbox does not work on SLy UK. Thats been clearly stated before. I only tested CCcam, on known working, SLy IT and Premiere, not watchable, but just to see if its going in the right direction. For watching , i use incubus as my server is at 2.0.11

For me 1W Conax worked for a couple of days and then it stopped and had issues with the other packages as well but none of the Sly packages ever worked for me...

Yesterday I went back to firmware 1759 and started from scratch and now it seems very stable but it needs a restart after I change a Sat or sometimes when I change channels...

Premier works well for me but with the latest firmware I had issues with the receiver booting when trying to record to a USB disk...

Will try recording tonight using firmware 1759...

iko
03-06-2009, 10:54 AM

Cool That's why I said Incubus for SLY ;)