PDA

View Full Version : My Azbox Premium needs help !!!!

gadgeteer
04-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi,

I just buy a azbox premium, I've tested many parts, it seems to be ok except the DVB-S2/ 8PSK modulation. I can't detect any signal from this modulation at all. It's ok for the HD channels that use just DVB-S/QPSK. I'm sure that I've toggled to use DVB-S2/8PSK for the needed HD tp but azbox can't detect any signal(same sat tp with dvb-s signal is ok but tp with dvb-s2 no signal at all). When I go to Settings > TV channel > there are 1. DVB-S (why is not DVB-S2 ??) 2. IP Channel. It seems that my azbox installed with just DVB-S tuner. Do you have any suggestion?

My azbox premium is firmware 2032, I can't upgrade it neither via internet nor via usb. It's always get stuck(hang??) when finish downloading and the VFD display says "upgrade" I've to switch off and on again, so the firmware remains 2032 all the time.

Many thanks in advance.......

wildboys
04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi,

I just buy a azbox premium, I've tested many parts, it seems to be ok except the DVB-S2/ 8PSK modulation. I can't detect any signal from this modulation at all. It's ok for the HD channels that use just DVB-S/QPSK. I'm sure that I've toggled to use DVB-S2/8PSK for the needed HD tp but azbox can't detect any signal(same sat tp with dvb-s signal is ok but tp with dvb-s2 no signal at all). When I go to Settings > TV channel > there are 1. DVB-S (why is not DVB-S2 ??) 2. IP Channel. It seems that my azbox installed with just DVB-S tuner. Do you have any suggestion?

My azbox premium is firmware 2032, I can't upgrade it neither via internet nor via usb. It's always get stuck(hang??) when finish downloading and the VFD display says "upgrade" I've to switch off and on again, so the firmware remains 2032 all the time.

Many thanks in advance.......For DVB-S2/8PSK signals you
have to put the FEC rate and the pilot on 1 to get a signal.If you don't
you will not get a signal.

tinos
04-06-2009, 01:30 PM
To upgrade, make sure you stop all emus... specially those that start with .sh files can be problematic (incubus). Telnet to killall or put # in front of emus and reboot.