PDA

View Full Version : Just how good is the Azbox

zubus
06-06-2009, 03:41 PM
I am starting to look out for a hd reciever, and the specs on the azbox and what it can do seems to fit the bill, but what is it like to use. From what i can gather the software is still in beta so it might still have some glichies. Is it fairly straight forward to use say compared to my dreambox ?

thanks

zubus

pr2
06-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Hello,

Azbox is working fine, it is stated but be in béta but it is a stable béta you can already use it for everyday TV watching.

And if you are not happy with the latest firmware you always have the opportunity to return to a previous release that fit you best waiting for another firmware.

Pr2

gtg60
06-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Well worth the money my friend, haven't seen anything close to this price with so many features but as already stated it is in Beta and fine for everyday watching but still some bugs in the advanced features.

Welshman
06-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi Zubus, I have the AzBox Premium and I also am very pleased with it, it has the ability to add a second tuner which I am told will be available soon, at the moment the firmware does not support 2 tuners but that will soon be sorted out.

Like yourself I also am a Dreambox owner, I have a DM7000s and a DM600s. I'm sure you will be able to get used to the Azbox it uses Linux but not Enigma, it is very easy to add a HDD to the Premium version, there is room inside for a 3.5 inch SATA drive up to 1TB, I have tested a Samsung HD103UJ and this works well.

The PSU is external on the AzBox Premium so there is very little heat produced etc.

Regards, Welshman.

zubus
07-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Well the azbox is now on my shopping list. Thanks for all the replys, they make my life alot easier when it comes to shopping around for another reciever.

many thanks

zubus

eme
07-06-2009, 11:58 AM
i have had dreambox 700, the azbox is much better considering it was over a year before dreambox worked resonable from new, the azbox works well even on beta. i have a technomate 9100 it dont work as well. the picture quality is fine on az as well as youtube and music plus mkv files etc. overall a good box me thinks, oh it also runs cool unlike the dm800 which i found awfull.

satwyn
07-06-2009, 01:14 PM
external power supply is the reason I think

iko
08-06-2009, 02:53 AM
Not really I've got Azbox Elite Which has an Proper internal PSU and Runs Without any overheating issues ;)
Overall Azbox Worth Every single Penny...

ady1306
08-06-2009, 11:29 PM
how does this new thing work then, like a dream box, whats available on it, been away from sat for a while but i have been thinking of getting a new reciever, i looked in to dreambox, but i keep seeing this azbox in my new post's and it look's interesting...

doe's it have a default server or do we have to sign up to a private/third party server...

regards ady

slick
10-06-2009, 12:00 AM
how does this new thing work then, like a dream box, whats available on it, been away from sat for a while but i have been thinking of getting a new reciever, i looked in to dreambox, but i keep seeing this azbox in my new post's and it look's interesting...

doe's it have a default server or do we have to sign up to a private/third party server...

regards ady

private search the net.

question what are the main differences between elite and premium(other than the wlan)?
i mean does both come with dvb-s2 + dvbt2 tuners or is only the elite than has 1 tuner

xanadu
10-06-2009, 12:06 AM
question what are the main differences between elite and premium(other than the wlan)?

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=106083

slick
10-06-2009, 10:30 AM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=106083

i see no site writing how many tuners the premium comes with?
1 dvbs 2 only or also dvbt tuner

ady1306
10-06-2009, 01:43 PM
private search the net.

what is this, it's like an answer from a cable forum, i have "searched" the net and not got very good result's, what happened to the day's when people used to help each other discuss and share information, then you come back with a question, why did you not search for the answer ..??

why cant people share their recomended setting's and finding's rather than just come back with the same old "use the search" thats what happened to the sat community, people get cockey and clicky and think it's big to think they know it all..!!

zubus sorry to have a rant in your thread mate.....

ady1306
10-06-2009, 02:00 PM
He's answering your question "does it have a default server or do we have to sign up to a private/third party server..."

He's saying private, search the net because CS Servers can't be discussed on this forum mate.

that's all i needed to know, i know cs is a dark subject, just needed clarification thats all.....

ta ady

sami8519
21-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I am happy because I sold my Cuberevo 900 two weeks ago and bought an AZBOX elite. Now at least someone can watch tv with comfort. Thanks to the Ripper for the CCcam client.