PDA

View Full Version : AzboxEdit... connection ?

TJLOWE1
10-06-2009, 07:11 PM
why can i download things from my sat box, when using AzboxEdit to my pc, but when i go to connect to upload things to it from my pc it won't connect, i don't know much about networking, and have tried to input user name and password,both on pc and box but not sure if i'm doing it correctly.
Help is required to set up the user name and password, ie where they go on the box and the AzBoxEdit program.

Thanks all

TJ

s_kates81
10-06-2009, 09:33 PM
First you have to enable ftp and all other services in Network settings in settings menu of azbox. Then You have to put correct IP address of your azbox in the azbox edit software.

TJLOWE1
11-06-2009, 06:54 AM
ive got to that stage and done all that, i can receive things from the box to AzEdit, but when i try to send things it won't let me connect ??
when i try to test user name and password in AzEdit it keeps saying " trying to connect", but it won't

any ideas guys

TJ.

Giga
11-06-2009, 07:31 AM
when you connect STB to computer direct with ethernet cable it has to be a Ethernet crossover cable (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable) <= internet link click on it.
if using a router or switch ethernet cable has to be straight
the ip addresses and subnet mask has to be in the same range for computer example:
computer:
172.19.3.5 IP-address
255.255.0.0 Subnetmask
STB:
172.19.3.6 IP-address
255.255.0.0 Subnetmask

if using dhcp on router, the must be set to provide enough adresses
if manual assigment no address can be used 2 times in your network

goran
11-06-2009, 08:46 AM
I had the same problem with the latest, unofficial FW.

Went back to 2032 - no probs, more stable.

Router? Straight LAN cable only.

iko
11-06-2009, 07:51 PM
this program works good here with the latest unofficial fw ....

lordshoa
16-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I seem to have the same problem but the problem is withthe password only I can connect to the ftp server but the password azbox does not work anymore anyone Know what the default password is now ?

zeini
16-06-2009, 02:15 PM
The default password is azbox.

But you have to make a Factory setting in Menu Setup - Data Reset.

lordshoa
16-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Nope did not help atall only messed the internet updating up instead.

goran
16-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Not sure I understand what you are trying to do, LS,m8. You have the Elite model, right? Trying to connect via FTP or so?

Just try with both azbox and whatever else you changed your password into, LS, m8...

But! FileZilla, I think, goes by default to port 22. Change it to 21. Should be OK.

Otherwise, try Total Commander.

Good luck!:respect-051:

pr2
16-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi,

If you are under windows:
Click on the start button -> and select: run...
in the windows type: cmd and press ENTER

A dark windows open, there type: telnet IP_of_Azbox

where you replace IP_of_Azbox with the right information.

You should get a prompt with:
MMP login:

type: root (enter)

it prompt for password: azbox (enter) (it is possible that it doesn't prompt for the password with the latest firmware which has none by default).

Type the command: passwd

Then change the password with one of your own.
If you want you can use azbox (the same has the previous default one).

Then set it in AzboxEdit and try again.

Pr2