PDA

View Full Version : Error message on DM800 display (probable clone)

GAH
11-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I've bought a s/h DM800 (100GB HDD installed) from that well-known auction site. I'm sure it's a clone so I tried to flash nabilosat blackhole v10 on to it. It seemed to accept the flash ok, and my browser came up with a message telling me the flash had been successful. However, when I restarted the box, I get "Error" on the display, with rubbish characters underneath. So, I connected to the box using DreamUp, and this time flashed Nabilosat Pureflash 020509. I eventually got a message from DreamUp saying flash successful, but again I got the "Error" message when I re-started the box. As I said, I'm pretty sure it's a clone, but I thought I would be ok as long as I stayed away from Gemini images. Is there something else I should be doing? Is it connected with the 2nd stage bootloader installed in the box?

Regards,
GAH

Any help greatly appreciated

x5
11-06-2009, 07:30 PM
hi u need to use a image thats has SC69 like NABv9

GAH
11-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi X5,

Thanks for the quick reply. Can I upgrade to a later bootloader, or would that be dangerous if my box is a clone?

I'm currently using DreamUp to flash blackhole v7 to the box. I'll report back on whether it works.

Regards,
GAH

x5
11-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi X5,

Thanks for the quick reply. Can I upgrade to a later bootloader, or would that be dangerous if my box is a clone?

I'm currently using DreamUp to flash blackhole v7 to the box. I'll report back on whether it works.

Regards,
GAH

no m8 u cant update thats the prob with clone box it will not be fully updated to lasted drivers and SC
far as i know u can only update up to SC70 in some clone box dont know if yours can be update to sc70 u need to tray

GAH
11-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi,

Flashed Nabilosat Blackhole V7 using DreamUp, and got the same result. Flashed ok, but when I re-started, I get the "Error" message with the rubbish characters below.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
GAH

veron57
11-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Could be a fault with the box. Try disconnecting the HDD, removing any smartcard and trying again.
What are the characters that display?

Maybe the seller can enlighten you as what the problem might be. Probably worth sending them a message.

Oh, was it working when you first had it? if so, what image was installed then?

GAH
11-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi veron57,

It's actually displaying "ERR01: NO CA FOUND", it's just so small I coudn't read it! I'm guessing it's because newer images require a newer bootloader, and the clone boxes are stuck with an earlier version. I'll need to fgind an older image whcih is compatable with earlier botloaders.

Regards,
GAH

xanadu
11-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Found this by using Google.....

Should fix the problem

That bootloader issue can be fixed this is what the error comes up as Bootloader 70 causes ERR01: NO CA FOUND error on the lcd and no boot. Simple fix is by using dreamup and flashing bootloader 69 to it. You have to use a serial cable as the dhcp flash won't work when you see the error. As bootloader 69 is only a 170k file it takes seconds to put right.

GAH
11-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi Xanadu,

Just managed to find and download bootloader 69. I'ver flashed it using DreamUp, and it seems to be booting up ok now. Will report back later.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Regards,
GAH

xanadu
11-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Reported working on another forum as below with.....

" bootloader 69 and blackhole v6,"

GAH
12-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi Guys,

Got it working with Balckhole V7 and bootloader 69. However, as I didn't know it was a clone, and it didn't say it was a clone in the auction description, I've contacted the seller asking for a refund.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Regards,
GAH