PDA

View Full Version : 7w on 110cm dish in west yorkshire

kegnkiwi
16-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Guys I have read shed loads about receiving 7w in the uk. I know that 7w can be received on a 1.2m very far north in the uk. I'm in west yorkshire with a 1m funke dish and cannot get a sniff of it. I have seen those Al+++ dish's at 110cm and they are said to preform like a 1.2m. I am just wondering if anyone has had a sniff of 7w on a 110cm in west yorkshire. I am aware of where the footprints are aimed but this is just for testing purposed and wont be installed premantly.

ki

Keano
16-06-2009, 04:54 PM
m8 when I had my 110cm Televes dish up I could most V transponders most of the time.
I am in Manchester.

To be honest you need to be looking at 130cm for good receptioln in West Yorshire.
Remember you will not get any H transponders, this is where the good stuff is.

Also new sat going up next year to replace nilesat 101, this might make things worst for us in UK.

notmyrealname
16-06-2009, 09:34 PM
I can recieve some 50 or so vertical channels on a 1 meter dish. But only on a clearish night - nothing in daytime. Its fairly good tonight. I`m west of Manchester. You should be able to lock 11.862v in your location with a 1.1 dish. Can you recieve Amos2 ? -its weak too but slightly stronger than Nilesat,
regards,
michael

kegnkiwi
16-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi mate I can lock onto amos2 if you mean at 4w. Clearing the channels with between 40 and 50%. I just cannot lock onto 7w.

ki

jeetley2
17-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Hi

1.2 mtr dish is not strong enough to pickup H channels except in the south. I bought 1.5 mtr dish with C120 invacom LNB and it picks up all the V and H channels. I am in the midlands. H channels are still bit shaky though at day time due to the next door tree coming in the way but still reads 36 percent strength on my Technomate and they are watchable. Signal is much more stronger after 9pm and it goes over 50 percent at night time. Regards

Kenny1234
17-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Using a triax Td 1.1 with Invacom lnb in S****horpe I was able to pull in all v's reliably early morning and late evening:)

SatSearcher
17-06-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm in west yorkshire too and get all V's with a 1.2m. Used to get some of the V's a couple of years ago when i only had a 90cm dish so you should get a few with a 1m.

jeetley2
17-06-2009, 07:41 AM
V channels can be picked up with 1.1 cm dish in our area with no problem. Its the H channels which requires 1.5 mtr or over. With 1.5 mtr the V signal strength is around 73 percent and the H signal is around 35 to 36 percent at day time. All the free H channels are watchable with 1.5mtr even at day time. For the scramble H channels you need an Irdeto card I believe. Regards

Keano
17-06-2009, 09:51 AM
@jeetley2 where do you live ?

The strongest H transponder at 7.0w is 11919H 27500 3/4

This also has FTA channels like Baghdad TV.

There is no way in Manchester you can get this with 150cm dish, so would be interested to know where you are.

Something else guys it might be a idea when you post signal strength to remember it is signal quality that is important not signal strength. You should also post what receiver you have because they are all different and have a different thresholds.

kegnkiwi
17-06-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm in wakefield with a funk 1m dish with a good clear line of site from 53e to 45w but 7w is no go round here with 1m. Another member I know on here has 1m orbital and installs dish's and I have asked the same question and he has the same results as myself. A 1.1 or 1.2 must be the minimum or a channel master dish just for the verticled. I'm using a 800hd but also have a tm1500 and a el777 to try.

Keano
17-06-2009, 10:06 AM
M8 don't forget the LNB is also really important. With my 110cm Televes dish I had a invacom 0.3LNBF and never got a sniff. When I swapped it for a sharp LNBF I was able receive 7.0w.

jeetley2
17-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi Keano

I am in Birmingham. The signal level I have mentioned is the quality bar and not the top bar which is normally called a signal Level with nose or signal strength. At the moment it is nearly drizzling in birmingham and both the signal bars read bit low. The H signal is affected more in such weather. My V signal quality level still reads 64 percent on my Technomate and 56 percent of quality signal level on my Humax 5400. I had a techomate 0.1db LNB before and it wasn't giving me the high quality signal but since I have changed my LNB to C120 Invacom with feed horn the quality level is much more enhanced. Moreover Technomate 1500CI+ tuner is very sensitive and have better threashold than most of the receivers. In Manchester which is further up north to Birmingham its not easy to lock on to the H signals even with 1.5 mtr. Still depending upon the combination of your receiver and LNB. Regards

koshba
29-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Hi Keano

I am in Birmingham. The signal level I have mentioned is the quality bar and not the top bar which is normally called a signal Level with nose or signal strength. At the moment it is nearly drizzling in birmingham and both the signal bars read bit low. The H signal is affected more in such weather. My V signal quality level still reads 64 percent on my Technomate and 56 percent of quality signal level on my Humax 5400. I had a techomate 0.1db LNB before and it wasn't giving me the high quality signal but since I have changed my LNB to C120 Invacom with feed horn the quality level is much more enhanced. Moreover Technomate 1500CI+ tuner is very sensitive and have better threashold than most of the receivers. In Manchester which is further up north to Birmingham its not easy to lock on to the H signals even with 1.5 mtr. Still depending upon the combination of your receiver and LNB. Regards

Hi ya mate,just had too days waisted with a 2.4m dish from ******,what a bag of crap,iam interested in which dish you are using to get all of nilesat,iam in the Midlands, could do with some help here mate,thanks

koshba
29-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Sounds like a Gibertini

simford
29-09-2009, 03:55 PM
only verticals here in london 1.1m...but who needs nilesat- and all the crapy pay packages?!

Satcat
29-09-2009, 04:40 PM
I can get a few transponder here with a 1m dish on 4W but nothing at all on 7W

satwyn
29-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Sounds like a Gibertiniconsider andrews 2.4m for all nilesat in midlands quality dishes they also make one piece 1.8m too small for all nilesat transponders at your location

tr8.
29-09-2009, 07:31 PM
V channels can be picked up with 1.1 cm dish in our area with no problem. Its the H channels which requires 1.5 mtr or over. With 1.5 mtr the V signal strength is around 73 percent and the H signal is around 35 to 36 percent at day time. All the free H channels are watchable with 1.5mtr even at day time. For the scramble H channels you need an Irdeto card I believe. Regards

I would be mega supprised to see H on a 1.5 up that far, i have a 1.2m channel master and it only gets H 90% of the down here in the south east best for this sat, ( with my TM revievers forget the DM it's tuners not good enough) and my 1.8m channel master gets it all the time.
A mate in norwich can only get H late at night on good night or about 15% of the time with a 1.2m. He tried a 1.5 and it did not give it all the time and the wife gave so much grief at the extra size so went back to the 1.2
To go north or west weakens the signal.

ps i also got a better signal and quality when i took my c120's off and put on standard 0.1lnb's this did supprise me as i had used c120/ and polorisers for over 15years on the dishes

chrisuk76
29-09-2009, 08:57 PM
A few years ago in my attempt to get the footy, I tried a 1.8m Channel Master with a Andrews feedhorn with Inverto single C120 flange 0.3dB LNB in South Yorkshire.

V's were fine and I just got a bit of the picture on the Showtime channels on H, but this was not watchable as it would keep breaking up every second, well more like constantly.

In the end I gave up, as the only other option was a 2.4m dish and this was not really an option due to costs and suitable place to mount.

TonyO
29-09-2009, 11:56 PM
7w is very weather prone with my 1.3mtr dish in london, if theres a cloud in the sky in front of the satellite its gone, in the winter forget it.

it used to improve at night a bit.

martin123
02-10-2009, 03:37 PM
i live in leeds (ls15) i get near 140channel with my 110 traix dish nilesat
my lnb is titamium 0.2db