PDA

View Full Version : usb harddrive recording problem

dreambox17
20-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi
just installed blackhole image on on my new dm800 and cant get the usb harddrive to work

the problem is the image shows the drive is there under the info menu but when you try to record it says there is no drive

however if i initialize the drive from the menu the drive is the recognised and i can record, until i reboot and the problem is there again

any ideas what i am doing wrong

thanks in advance

dreambox17
20-06-2009, 01:56 PM
all sorted thanks

EDGE
20-06-2009, 03:13 PM
all sorted thanks
Well tell us how then please??Might be handy for others to know

dreambox17
20-06-2009, 04:32 PM
I used the plugin enigma2-plugin-extensions-mountie_0.8_mipsel.rar

No doubt this is only mounting the drive but it works perfect.

The linux guys will know an easier way but this is an ABC and i like things easy.

Hope this helps.

EDGE
20-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanx m8.

suky
22-06-2009, 05:51 AM
I used the plugin enigma2-plugin-extensions-mountie_0.8_mipsel.rar

No doubt this is only mounting the drive but it works perfect.

The linux guys will know an easier way but this is an ABC and i like things easy.

Hope this helps.

Hello

I hope you have test your record into the usb.
by the way when i can find this plugin as mentioned in your quote
thank you

Suky

loveman
22-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Do a google for the filename he mentioned ;) It's available on the first one on the list...

hxxp://lmgtfy.com/?q=enigma2-plugin-extensions-mountie_0.8_mipsel.rar

suky
24-06-2009, 05:30 AM
Hello

i have found the enigma2-plugin-extensions-mountie_0.8_mipsel.rar new version thank you for your help.
any other setting is required for saving into usb when selected a channel to record i hope to have a choice for recording to usb or hdd unfortuinatly i did not find that and i still recording to the hdd.
please help me to enable record into usb
thank you

suky

loveman
24-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Don't think you'll be able to change the recording location if you already have a hdd installed. Maybe someone with more info will know, but I doubt it (since this will require a complete redirection of the movie dir each time you want to record, and the video button on the remote won't work as required...