PDA

View Full Version : Unable to watch a recorded programme

meagain
20-06-2009, 10:24 AM
When trying to view I get a blank screen and a message ' Service invalid! Timeout reading PMT'. It was a programme I was watching and it was an instant recording so I know that the programme was being received. I'm using BH v0.9 on my DM8000.
Any help would be appreciated.

oldfart
20-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Was it HD?

meagain
21-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Yes it was ITV HD.

Quailman
21-06-2009, 02:36 PM
I to have this problem and have tried it in BH09 and BH10 both don't seem to work.
Also if i try to record ITV HD i lose the ability to view the channel without restarting the box, very strange?

meagain
23-06-2009, 02:07 PM
I can watch the files on my computer in windows xp using media player with Elecard Codec SDK G4 1.2.1.90504 Eval, having tfp'd the file over, so I assume there is a codec that will fix it.

I have tried to play the files on Linux Ubunto having downloaded and installed many video applications but just get 'there is no application to play this file' message.

Is this a problem only on BH imagesdoes anyone know?

Any help please,
meagain123

dubious
23-06-2009, 03:29 PM
ITV HD is a non-standard stream and up until about a month ago would not play on the Dreambox unless the stream was processed, see this thread about that

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105714

If it was a bug or not I don't know but CVS images have been able to play the ITV HD streams for about a month or more now with no issues.

Things are moving on very fast with the 8k which means your BH image is actually quite old now, and with no easy update option you will have to wait for a new BH image or change to an image that is updateable and closely mirrors official CVS.

This is the very reason I now only use Oozoon image, I actually installed it in January yet with the online updates the image is bang upto date as of yesterday. CVS images can be made just as functional as team images with the numerous plugins now available.

oldfart
23-06-2009, 08:24 PM
This is the very reason I now only use Oozoon image, I actually installed it in January yet with the online updates the image is bang upto date as of yesterday. CVS images can be made just as functional as team images with the numerous plugins now available.

What do you use in flash (or JUST Oozoon and no BA)?

meagain
25-06-2009, 10:46 AM
ITV HD is a non-standard stream and up until about a month ago would not play on the Dreambox unless the stream was processed, see this thread about that

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105714

If it was a bug or not I don't know but CVS images have been able to play the ITV HD streams for about a month or more now with no issues.

Things are moving on very fast with the 8k which means your BH image is actually quite old now, and with no easy update option you will have to wait for a new BH image or change to an image that is updateable and closely mirrors official CVS.

Thanks for the information I have tried various images and found the Oozoon & PLi can record and playback the ITV HD but only the ones recorded using those images. I've tried using BA to install BH v0.9 but this just stops media player playing functioning properly just like BH v1.0. I think its something to do with the later dreambox-dvb-modules_2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm8000 files because they cause the same problems withv0.9.

At present I have reinstalled BH v0.9 and will try to install BA on this with another working image to see if that works or it just stops media player working.

Thanks once again & best wishes.

drahcirk
25-06-2009, 04:37 PM
when putting a card in slot, do u have to enable/disable something to activate card?