PDA

View Full Version : Guidance on how to do streaming ?

geezerpl
20-06-2009, 01:20 PM
I would appreciate your advice on how to browse files on my PC using Azbox and SAMBA (and do the streaming - movies, mp3, photos).

I did research this forum - but zero results :(
Tried TVersity Multimedia Server app on my PC but Azbox doesn't want to talk to it...
Maybe Twonky Media ?

valerica
20-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Share yr folders/drives , go 2 movie menu , then to network and u'll c yr shared drives .

Cheers ,
Val.

pr2
20-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi,

Search on Azbox section word stream find this:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=108918&highlight=stream

But browsing for a file a playing it that way from the network is not what we call streaming... streaming is what is explained in the Neotion tuto.

Pr2

goran
20-06-2009, 01:54 PM
XP is easy.

Vista can be trickier.

Should set it up to have a server on your PC and then...

Search function should help. Some stuff in my "newbie" thread, Tinos helped a lot...

geezerpl
20-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Share yr folders/drives , go 2 movie menu , then to network and u'll c yr shared drives .

Cheers ,
Val.

The problem is I can't share folders under Win 2k (which I prefer for various reasons over Win XP)
In the past I used to own a sh*tty KISS so I used either TwonkyMedia or FreeKISS to share the folders I wanted.
With good old dbox I used VLC...

goran
20-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Start a server under 2K and approve the folders to be shared?:respect-051:

geezerpl
20-06-2009, 04:22 PM
When I go into Azbox menu and select MOVIE or FILE BROWSER and then select NETWORK I see sth like CELRUN and smb://celrun path. No files on my PC visible though.

Celrun is a solid Media Player (hdd, LAN) but what does it have to do with Azbox (apart from SIGMA onboard) ??

iko
20-06-2009, 04:29 PM
make a folder on your pc for movies set it for the share and mount it to movies by telnet ;)

goran
20-06-2009, 04:33 PM
See my post above, m8. Start a server on your PC, like FileZilla or so and maybe then you will be able to see it all...

No "sharing" on 2K?

feedme
20-06-2009, 08:39 PM
When I go into Azbox menu and select MOVIE or FILE BROWSER and then select NETWORK I see sth like CELRUN and smb://celrun path. No files on my PC visible though.

Celrun is a solid Media Player (hdd, LAN) but what does it have to do with Azbox (apart from SIGMA onboard) ??

Go to filemager -- network, press menu -button, you get a window where to put the iP of your PC, after that you can see in the network section your pc+ cellrun , when you select your pc, you can see shared folders on your pc.

works like charm , atleast with my WD-netcenter and w2k pc's.

other way around you must setup the fileserver on the storage menu and activate it, the you can see the AZbox as a share though network and and play recorder files woth VNC .

So, no mount scripts not special tricks , only work with remote control.

:cheers2:

" I don't love my t...age..n I just love my AZ".

Well doesn't rhyme completely but ....:respect-065:

geezerpl
20-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Cheers for this.

I've tried TwonkyMedia Home Server today but with no luck. This application supports dozens of Network and HDD Media Players (even Syabase on the list) but sadly no Azbox.
If it did we would have been able to enjoy Web Radio (Shoutcast) and IP TV streamed via PC to Azbox...

http://twonkymedia.com/learn.html
http://twonkymedia.com/compatibility.html

mss81
24-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi there,

I'm trying to view movies stored on my NAS through the AZbox. I can see the network shares where the movies are stored, I can see the movie files, but when I open a movie file the movieplayer starts, but the movie is not being played. I see only a black screen with a info display in the bottomhalf (with filename and duration on 00.00.00). And the only way out of this screen is by pressing the youtube-button or the powerbutton.

I know my NAS-serving is working correctly because I can acces the files with a different mediaplayer, dreambox, PC and laptops. So I guess there is a configuration problem with the AZbox.

Could someone help me out here??

pr2
24-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi,

Do you try to play another type of movie, you perhaps try to play a file format not yet supported by the Azbox.

May be test a MP3 file or a small .jpg to be sure that the Azbox is really able to read files from your NAS.

Pr2

mss81
25-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Hi,

Do you try to play another type of movie, you perhaps try to play a file format not yet supported by the Azbox.

May be test a MP3 file or a small .jpg to be sure that the Azbox is really able to read files from your NAS.

Pr2

Nothing plays, i've tried divx, xvid, mpg, mkv, wmv and not even a mp3 or jpg is playing.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware, but stll no luck.

But when I try to open a jpg, I get the following error:
"Photo file is too big (Optimum size 1920*1080)", and this occurs on a jpg with a resolution of 800*719.

I'm really confused right now, I don't know what possibly went wrong.

mss81
26-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Never mind, I configured nfs on my NAS, and now I can mount the NAS to the AZbox. It is playing fine, but HD movies are stuttering alot, almost unplayable. But that's a whole other discussion.

pr2
26-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Hello,

There is a global limitation on the bandwidth on the Azbox (around 30 Mbit/sec). So if your HD movies require higher bandwidth to play smoothly you can get problems.

This is not a hardware but a software limitation, that we hope to see it fixed in a future firmware.

Pr2