PDA

View Full Version : How to make cards work in slot?

s_kates81
20-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi Guys,
Just bought 2 cards. One is DVB Videoguard card and the other is conax card. Can I put both of them simulatenously in the slots? And after putting them, what should I do in order to make them work?

goran
20-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Loadsa dosh, hehe...

Face down. MulitCAS on its own or NewCS with Mbox.

G'luck!

s_kates81
20-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Goran, mate, you mean I can put both cards in the slots and then I have to go to plugins and select MultiCAS and both of my cards will start working?

goran
20-06-2009, 07:05 PM
They might... and then again... there are bugs still...

NDS might -they worked on it recently - and Conax... well, you tell us...

Which cards?

s_kates81
20-06-2009, 07:13 PM
You might not know the cards. Both are for Asiasat3s 105.5e satellites, one is STAR TV card and the other is GEO TV card.

I also have a dreambox 500, is it a better idea to put them on my dreambox and activate them first, since the seller guaranteed they'll work on dreambox. Also, if putting them on dreambox, should I just select Common Interface from bluepanel in order for them to work?

gtg60
20-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Can I put both of them simulatenously in the slots?

No, there is only one slot. If you are lucky and both work then you would have to switch between them to view the channels.
Or maybe use an external card reader but I haven't heard of anybody having luck with one yet...

Viaccess worked fine with MultiCAS and N*D*S worked sporadicly with freezing, those are the only cards I have tried.

goran
20-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Where's he fun in not even trying to make them work?

NDS has been improved, I am told, in the meantime.

Maybe even Viaccess?

Do tell...

P.S. Have you a CI CAM?

gtg60
20-06-2009, 07:22 PM
P.S. Have you a CI CAM?

Oh yes, of course, you could always use the internal slot for one and a CAM module for another.

s_kates81
20-06-2009, 07:30 PM
guys, i m just very new for the cards. In the past I always used paid card sharing servers, never used the cards themselves.
by viaccess you mean conax? and by videoguard you mean nds right?
What is a CI CAM?
gtg60, i see there are 2 card slots on the azbox, doesn't it mean i can put both of my cards there?

gtg60
20-06-2009, 07:56 PM
by viaccess you mean conax? and by videoguard you mean nds right?
What is a CI CAM?

Viaccess is a type of encryption system as is Conax as is N*D*S (also called Videoguard)
A CAM is a small flat device that can be used with a card (sometimes without) in the CI slot to decode channels, there are 2 CI slots on the AZBox. So, if you can get at least one card to work in the inbuilt slot then all you would need do is buy a CAM capable of decoding with the other card and place it in the CI slot.

gtg60, i see there are 2 card slots on the azbox, doesn't it mean i can put both of my cards there?
No, if you look closely you will see that only one is actually a slot.

s_kates81
20-06-2009, 08:02 PM
I see, so it means i can only use 1 card at a time with my azbox, one more question, how do i have to put the card in the slot, with the chip upward or downward?

gtg60
20-06-2009, 08:09 PM
I see, so it means i can only use 1 card at a time with my azbox, one more question, how do i have to put the card in the slot, with the chip upward or downward?

At the moment, you can only put one card at a time in the AZBox. Chip faces down.

BUT if you had a CAM then one card could go into the slot in it and one card into the card reader slot in the AZBox and you would be able to use the 2 cards at once.

s_kates81
20-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Do I need to buy an specific CAM module? And how will it connect to azbox? since you told me that there's only 1 slot so I can put only 1 card in there and one in the CAM module, but then again, how this CAM module will connect to azbox? Will it be inserted somewhere in the box or what, with the second card in it?

gtg60
20-06-2009, 08:25 PM
There is 1 card reader slot.
There are 2 CI slots each of which can take a CAM.

When you get your cards try them both out and see if they work then find out which CAM to buy.

s_kates81
20-06-2009, 08:40 PM
So it means pratically we can get 3 cards to work in azbox simulatenously then. one card goes directly into the card reader slot of the azbox, and other 2 cards go into a CAM and then the cam goes to 2 CI Slots on the box.

Are there any universal CAM module which accept any card?

gtg60
20-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Yes, you possibly could but there are other considerations at the moment. Your best bet is to do what I suggested and wait until you get the cards and go from there.

Dig Deep
21-06-2009, 06:54 AM
If You have a dreambox with 2 card slot then You can use the box and set up a CS from dream to AZ.

I tested with a dm500 (only 1 card slot) using a conax card and CCC.

Working fine, then You use the card slot in the AZ for the other card You have.

I have a via red cam and it is working fine in the AZ box.

hanswurscht
21-06-2009, 09:32 AM
stop Men, you CANT share any Cards in CI Module!

He talk about CS and so we shouldnt give him wrong Tips.

You need Cardreader like Smargo, and you can use 8 Pieces with a Hub.
If you like to use two Cards only, you can use an Adapter like usb2serial with FTDI or PL2303 Chipset.
With this you can also use a serial Reader.
For Server it works with NewCS fine.

s_kates81
21-06-2009, 10:58 AM
mate, the card reader will work with azbox? or will work only with dreambox?

ceyer
21-06-2009, 12:23 PM
There are still some bugs with the CI slots atm [hope they´ll fix it soon]

I´ve got a Seca card working in the internal slot + Matrix Rev+G@amma.

In order to watch chls with the internal cardreader I have to unplug the CAM
otherwise the internal one doesn´t work.

goran
21-06-2009, 01:00 PM
stop Men, you CANT share any Cards in CI Module!

He talk about CS and so we shouldnt give him wrong Tips.

Yes, we know. However, one card is enough to get him into a CS network.

The reason I mentioned it was to see if he can have both cards working in the AZbox HD. I didn't know that a CI CAM can interfere with the built-in card reader, as I don't have any OSCs, sadly....

You need Cardreader like Smargo, and you can use 8 Pieces with a Hub.

Yes, or MAKinterface, if that's what you mean. Worked great wih GBox...

http://www.makinterface.de/index_e.php3But that works in PCs, DBs [as an external device - or maybe even if sloted into the side of the machine, somehow, if memory serves] and DBox2, various number of slots, depending on the maker of DBox2. Like this:

http://www.makinterface.de/sc1mcu.gif

This article includes only the PCB of SC8in1, the programmed Atmel MCU and the assembly list of the needed parts. This PCB can be used with Nokia dbox2, Sagem dbox 2 and Philips dbox 2 and using the RS232-TTL converter also with other devices, which do posses a serial port (Dreambox, PC, xbox, etc). The additional necessary electronic parts are not included and have to be purchased separately according to the assembly list (http://www.makinterface.de/SCstck_e.php3?linkname=sc7).Or this Nokia version:

http://www.makinterface.de/sc1all.gif

For instance:

As the fifth smarcard-unit, the unit already present (Slot2) in Nokia dbox2 is used. The connections for a sixth smartcard unit can be lead through a 6pole RJ45 connector outside the housing. The Installation procedure of SC8in1 - Nokia dbox2 Set (http://www.makinterface.de/sc1noeset_e.php3?linkname=sc4) in Nokia dbox2, explains the steps which have to be performed.Any other machines? They are mentioned, "provided they have an RS232 port..."

If you like to use two Cards only, you can use an Adapter like usb2serial with FTDI or PL2303 Chipset.
With this you can also use a serial Reader.
For Server it works with NewCS fine.

And 8in1 - working well with NewCS?

That would be cool to get to work on AZbox HD!!! It does have an internal RS232 port/connectors, does it not?

OPENSAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!!! !!!!! :D :D :D

tinos
21-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Gorski, no internal RS232 doesn't support cardreaders (it only has 3 pins Rx Tx and Ground... enough for console output or to load bootloader, but not good for Phoenix).

But we could use USB2Serial internally to feed that 8 cardslots.

goran
21-06-2009, 01:35 PM
OKI, so long as we get the support...:coolgleamA:

hanswurscht
21-06-2009, 06:36 PM
mate, the card reader will work with azbox? or will work only with dreambox?

Cardreader internal works with NewCS, but I dont know if your Card is working,too
But with Smargo or usb2serial it should work with MPCS, because this one is reading also most NDS Cards.