how do i know what version drivers are installed
and what bootloader it has

i have instaled Nabilosat Black Hole 0.10

will this of updated drivers and bootloader

i have searched but cant find a defined answer

thanks

loveman
24-06-2009, 10:45 AM
This won't have the latest drivers and bootloader. Just ftp the files for them to /tmp on your box, and then telnet in to the box, and run the commands:

ipkg install /tmp/name.of.bootloader.ipk
ipkg install /tmp/name.of.drivers.ipk

This will then update the drivers and bootloader on the nabilo image. If you are running barry allen, and have a different image in flash, then you will need to update these drivers also...

neil306
24-06-2009, 12:23 PM
you can also ftp them to your tmp then manually install via stb. green button yellow button then select manual install ipk packages you will then see them and select to download
hope this helps
neil

Jimdefruit
24-06-2009, 12:46 PM
If you like a particular image, then I suggest you use barryallen with that image installed on usb and then install the latest image on flash and install barryallen. It will show your preferred image during boot and let you open that image.

The benefit of this method is that the very latest software drivers and bootloader will be installed and available for all installed images.

The 800 HD software is being developed and updated almost daily and it is well worth keeping up to date to take advantage of the bug corrections.

dreambox17
24-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks everyone for all the info

just got the dm800 and im well impressed a lot better than i thought it would be

thanks again