PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to scan in channels after flashing?

doubleudee
28-06-2009, 10:58 AM
I just flashed my dm8k with oozoon, do I have to go through every sat and re-scan all the channels, or is there another file I need with them already in?

cheers

sonic1
28-06-2009, 11:05 AM
If you are going to use OoZoon as your main image then scan away, if you are keeping as just the flash and having your main image on MB then do the basic set up and then leave it alone.

doubleudee
28-06-2009, 11:09 AM
if you are keeping as just the flash and having your main image on MB then do the basic set up and then leave it alone.

MB?

whats that?

Chocolate
28-06-2009, 11:11 AM
managing listings bouquets and satellites is one of the weakest point of dm8k. But this weakness ist being well compensated by the strength of the box, that there is always a solution for that.

All the settings (buquets, listings, satellites antena set up etc.. ) are being stored in the folder ...etc/enigma2/.

So the best practice before flashing is to perform a settings backup, this will also back up the network settings and and and.

When you flash a new image, the system asks you if you want to retrieve previous settings, if you do so, you will have all the set ups ready as they were before the flashing.

Cheers

sonic1
28-06-2009, 11:57 AM
MB?

whats that?

Multi boot ;)

doubleudee
28-06-2009, 12:07 PM
lol, me being thick (again)

cheers

How do I set up mb then?

sonic1
28-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Put your USB or CF into your box the download Barry Allen from the extensions menu.

doubleudee
28-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Ah, right, you can't do this across network then?

oldfart
28-06-2009, 12:23 PM
OK - just installed Oozoon (saved ALL my satellite lists from BlackHole) - tried to put them back - no - that didn't work. Had to re-setup my dishes with positioner AND re-scan!
So answer is = yes, you have to scan.

BarryAllen, I installed via telnet. Its NOT available as a download from Oozoon.
download from here Satpimps > Dreambox > Dreambox Files » Barry Allen
ftp the file into /tmp
telnet into you box
ipkg install .....
(look at the do***ents at the start of DM8000)
or
you can install from the user scripts plug-in in Oozoon (says install ipks from /tmp)
you may have to download this plugin first though - can't remember if its loaded by default.
P.S. You need to install on CF or USB, the HDD install doesn't work!

doubleudee
28-06-2009, 01:06 PM
@oldfart

Thanks, done what you said,

ftp the file into /tmp

you can install from the user scripts plug-in in Oozoon (says install ipks from /tmp)

Put USB stick in first though

doubleudee
28-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Don't seem to have scanned in any HD channels on A str a 28.2 ?

Any ideas? as I checked the signal strength through my Echostar and I have both in the high 80's?

doubleudee
28-06-2009, 01:21 PM
I just went into the system and checked in 'Satfinder' and have the following:-

SNR - this jumps about like crazy, from -17% to 31%, with readings of -2db to 25db.

AGC - 0%

BEC 0%

Below this is a checkbox 'Lock' which is unchecked.

Do I have a bad connection somewhere or is this normal?

sonic1
28-06-2009, 01:29 PM
It should be stable so I would guess you have a problem somewhere.

@Oldfart Since when can you not download Barry Allen from OoZoon ?
Is it just the latest release ?

Maybe I will update my flash image later and have a look.

doubleudee
28-06-2009, 01:37 PM
@Sonic
Yup, bad connection, just remade the end going into the reciever and I have a steady 97% showing with the checkbox ticked as locked.

Gonna have to re-scan A stra now.

cheers

oldfart
28-06-2009, 07:04 PM
It should be stable so I would guess you have a problem somewhere.

@Oldfart Since when can you not download Barry Allen from OoZoon ?
Is it just the latest release ?

Maybe I will update my flash image later and have a look.

Checked on plugins-download (before I wrote the thread!) - maybe it isn't available because its already installed.

sonic1
29-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Updated my flash image last night with the latest Lean version of OoZoon and down loaded Barry Allen, the version in the downloads was 4.8.17.
I have not tested the full version which may have Barry Allen already ?