PDA

View Full Version : Scanning sats and saving services!

doubleudee
29-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks all for the help so far, now I'm a little puzzled over something and I'm thinking i must be doing something wrong, else this db8k aint what I hoped it would be.

Here's my setup:

I got OoZoOn loaded, and am sure i saw something on screen which said that Barry Allen was working, anyway, thats not the problem (I hope).

I use my old reciever (Echostar) to move my dish between sats. (only until my Moteck V Box comes from the Sponsors).

I set up the Reception settings in Configuration Mode to Simple.

I've scanned in a couple of sats to see that i can get the services including HD ones OK, and that seems alright.
Now on the DB8k, when I go to change between sats I'm finding I have to go into the setup menu, and change the sat name in the Tuner Configuration, this is a bit of a pain jumping between sats every time, surely this can't be right, just because I got a 36v motor and use the Echo to move it?

So if I want to watch something on A stra1, I first have to change settings as above, then if I decide to watch something on Thor, I have to change it all again even though all the scanned channels are there OK, I need to state what sat I'm looking at in Tuner configuration?

Perplexed!

wd

oldfart
29-06-2009, 09:34 AM
settings should be advanced, not simple
look here
_https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=110089

doubleudee
29-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Hmm, looking at that, it seems I'll have to wait until my Moteck V Box II arrives.

Magwitch
29-06-2009, 03:14 PM
I have a similar setup doubleudee, using the Echostar for a seperate positioner. Make sure DiseqC is shown as 1.1, as in the picture attached of my setup. Repeat for all the sats you can receive.Magwitch

oldfart
29-06-2009, 03:37 PM
the 'blurb' on this web site suggests it is DiseqC 1.2
_http://www.s_atshop.tv/en/Motors-Positioners/Moteck-V-Box-II-Positioner::346.html (remove _ )

This Moteck VBoxII is used to position your C band dish. It takes DiSEqC 1.2 commands from your MPEG2 DVB satellite receiver and converts it into 36V pulse and sensor to store positions - can store 99 Positions. It can work as a stand alone positioner or it can accept DiSEqC 1.2 commands from a satellite receiver.

Magwitch
29-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Not if you use a separate positioner oldfart, that doesn't take Diseqc 1.2 commands from the Dreambox.

Magwitch