PDA

View Full Version : what do i need just orderd one?

paul01609
30-06-2009, 05:27 PM
just orderd one today from lee and should be with me tomorrow fingers crossed,just not shure what files i will need.im going to be using my 500s to read my sly card any help would be great to get this up and running

AJR
30-06-2009, 06:02 PM
what do i need

Faith, Hope and a cupboard.

Continue using your 500 as your main sat receiver until a software update is released that makes the azbox just as stable as the 500. :D

paul01609
30-06-2009, 06:03 PM
lol

xanadu
30-06-2009, 08:18 PM
I am just using mine as FTA receiver at the moment.

Have scanned in most satellites from 42E to 45W.

Only get to play at the weekends so never had much time to do too much.

Am running latest firmware, and have managed to connect via FTP using Filezilla freeware program.

Have not tried any CI CAMS as have read these don't work yet, or at least Diablo is not working.

I have installed some EMU's like XCAS mgcamd etc, and uploaded keys via FTP but not got anything to decode as yet.

Am used to Dreambox, but this Azbox is not so simple to get EMU working.

When I get more time, I hope to get something decoding via EMU.

It is an excellent receiver but is still in Beta firmware, which is slowly improving on each release which is about every 2 weeks.

I have no regrets yet. :D

paul01609
30-06-2009, 08:53 PM
is cccam working fine as client?so it can connect to my 500s

ukpaisley
30-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I founnd this box quite easy to use, the menus are simple yet have lots of function. Its not as developed as my DB, but the HD pictre is stunning, much more of a media centre as well as a sat box. Very happy with the way the progress is going. Great value

paul01609
30-06-2009, 09:01 PM
yes i liked the dream box but was wanting a twin tunner for recording one channel wile watching another,the 8000 was out of my price range

pr2
30-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi,

First of all read the user guide! Many thinks are explained there:

http://www.azboxhd.eu

When you receive your STB upgrade it immediately to the latest firmware version, it is useless to start playing with the old firmware provide by default by the box.

Then press the Home button and go to 11. Configuration
Set all the parameters that fits best your configuration.
Especially all the network configuration.
Go to Network service check that FTP is active.
Go to TV/Radio -> Select DVB-S and do a channel search.

Then go to Plug-ins and press the Red button.
You should have OpenXCAS available if not look on the forum we give you alternate download site that gives you more plug-ins to download and how to edit the download server.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=111025&highlight=azboxworld.com

Then you should install OpenXCAS.
Leave the Menu
Return to Plugins -> OpenXCAS then press add plugins button (into OpenXCAS) and install the CCcam 0.2 plug-ins.
Come back to OpenXCAS main menu.
Select: Activation & Priority settings
Check that there is no # in front of CCcamCAS if there is one simply press the blue button to suppress it.
Leave all menu.

Connect via telnet to the Azbox
issue the passwd command to set your own password.
cd /EMU/OpenXCAS/CCcamCAS
vi CCcam.cfg

and type in the C: line of your DM500 box.

Reboot the box and enjoy.

Normally you Azbox is connected to your DM500 and you should be able to watch TV.

Pr2

Welshman
01-07-2009, 01:10 AM
@xanadu
If you can get Thor 1 West mgcamd will open DigiTV package with the correct softcam.key also several channels on Sirius 4.8 East i.e. 12111H 27500 5/6. As you are used to the Dreambox, DCC (Dreambox control centre) works very well with the AzBox for FTP etc.

BTW I have always set the password in Setup, Network Service, File Server then Setting.

Regards, Welshman.